Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Media Kit - adidas adipower boost Golf Shoe

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

adipower-boost-media-kit-5.jpg

I'm sad to report that this will be the last adidas or Ashworth media kit with design input from legendary (in his own mind anyway) Media Kit Master, @itsthejor.

The Jor has moved over to TaylorMade proper where Media Kits are less prevalent. 

Let's all take a moment to compose ourselves before looking at his last kit (actually, I'm told this one is only 50%(ish) Jor)...

adipower-boost-media-kit-10.jpg

The selling point of the new adipower boost is that it's The Most Comfortable Shoe in Golf (so sayeth adidas anyway). So in that capacity, we can think of this kit as a concept piece. In addition to showing off the new shoes themselves, adidas wants to show you that its boost material is softer (more comfortable), and more responsive than the EVA foam found in other designs.

adipower-boost-media-kit-2.jpg

To help illustrate that point they've included a couple of heavy metal balls which one can drop on the respective sides to see the differences in how the foam reacts. This is one of the things I find enjoyable about recent adidas kits. In addition to the product itself, there's always a little something else to play with. The kits themselves are fun.

So here's what I did for "fun"...what? I have a 4-year old...she loved it.

First, I dropped the metal balls from the same height.

Then I dropped the ball on the boost side from approximately 1/3 the height of the EVA side.

Finally, instead of dropping, I threw the balls into the respective foams.

I'm not sure if any of this responsive ball bouncing actually translates to comfort on the course, but the boost is plenty comfortable in my family room (so there's that). We'll see how it goes on the course (assuming this damn snow ever stops).

boost-lr.jpg

Noteworthy is that the entire boost family (which also includes a women's and a sport model) leverage gripmore spikes. Unlike the original gripmore model, the boost spikes vary in size, and are more spread out, which should eliminate the clogging issues from the original.

adipower-boost-media-kit-7.jpg

This is the premium adidas offering for 2015, so the $180 price tag is expected.

You can find them in stores beginning February 27th, or you can just look at some highlights from the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines where they can be found on the feet of the guy holding the trophy (and the guy who finished second too). 

adipower-boost-media-kit-9.jpg

adipower-boost-media-kit-8.jpg

adipower-boost-media-kit-6.jpg

adipower-boost-media-kit-4.jpg

adipower-boost-media-kit-3.jpg

adipower-boost-media-kit-1.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived