Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The OFFICIAL PGA Championship Discussion Thread

JBones

Really Kor? Only 2?

I think the game is in great health, and yes Day and Spieth are strong, but Rory managed top 20 after a major injury, Rose went close in all the majors (form which had everyone excited about Fowler last year), Keopka impressed......etc etc

Nope, golfs in great condition and we'll see more breakthroughs next year for sure.

Be amazed if Spieth doesn't end up with a hatful of majors, but some players run hot for a season then go off for a bit, will Day be as driven now he's got a major? Many players find number two just as hard (if not harder) than number one.

FedEx run in should be fun.....duel over number 1 in the world as well as FedEx Cup.

Totally agree here there are so many strong players right now and they are from the four corners of the earth. You may not want to but you should thank Tiger for this. He's the one who made golf cool while these guys were growing up.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that there are several guys that will contend at Augusta, I was just saying that I could see these 2 battling again. It may very well be someone else next April, but the way these 2 are playing it's hard to not see them at the top come April.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

We've chosen our winner for the Official PGA Discussion Thread -- and we're proud to announce that RevKev will be taking home a new Cleveland RTX 588 56* wedge and one dozen balls courtesy of our friends at Monsta Golf.  

Way to go Rev!!!!  Please PM me with your shipping info and we'll get your prizes out ASAP!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I don't even know how to respond to this I'm so overwhelmed.  First day of school here at church so I haven't been online much and when I came on .....Wow!

Thanks MGS, Cleveland and Monsta ------

Now if I like that 56 I would be in a position where I'd only need to look at 3 Hogans! :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice Rev! Congrats!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

It didn't seem worth opening a new thread but did anyone catch that whenever Jason Day was hitting a "Gap Wedge" it was a 47? 

Between equipment (clubs and more so balls) and conditioning these guys do hit the ball a mile but 47 was a nine iron or pretty close to it for an entire generation of golfers beginning in the 40's and moving up to the 80's. 

However given the Gap watch denotation of a 47 I don't really ever want to hear anything about jacked lofts again.  When I was young I could hit my 9 iron 155 or so - that's not too far off of what our young bucks here hit their Gap wedges.  I was better off hitting 8 iron at that distance mind you, but I could hit a 9 iron that far.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It didn't seem worth opening a new thread but did anyone catch that whenever Jason Day was hitting a "Gap Wedge" it was a 47? 

Between equipment (clubs and more so balls) and conditioning these guys do hit the ball a mile but 47 was a nine iron or pretty close to it for an entire generation of golfers beginning in the 40's and moving up to the 80's. 

However given the Gap watch denotation of a 47 I don't really ever want to hear anything about jacked lofts again.  When I was young I could hit my 9 iron 155 or so - that's not too far off of what our young bucks here hit their Gap wedges.  I was better off hitting 8 iron at that distance mind you, but I could hit a 9 iron that far.

When did they say this? Day actually plays with 2 "gap wedges," no sand wedge and a lob wedge. His irons are the RSI tp irons and he has 3-pw in his bag. All of the RSI irons are bent 3 degrees strong to give him the correct gapping to have the 47* in the bag as well. So in all reality Day plays 2-gw with no sw and a LW.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived