Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nike Method 001 Putter Review (MGS Lottery)

parbreaker

Thanks to Nike and MGS for the opportunity to demo this new putter. It was shipped directly from Nike - 35 inch length all standard specs. I play 1 to 2 times per week and currently post a +1 hdcp. Here's my take on Tiger's temporary new model...

Nike Method 001.jpg

Looks: 8/10

Red grip and black magnetic head cover go together nicely

Stepless shaft flows well into plumbers neck

Full shaft offset with similar look as SC studio design

Single dot site is a nice change from the typical lined flange style

Heel and toe lines are square and really help to frame entire head

Nike Pic 2.jpg

Feel: 9/10

Rubber grip is tacky and very responsive on all distance putts

Surprisingly very solid feel at impact (I expected the polymetal grooves to give a softer feel)

Impact is very similar to solid steel face construction - not clickly just solid

Tungsten heel toe weights give head a lot of stability at impact

Virtually no vibration except on extreme heeled or toed mishits

Nike Pic 3.jpg

Sound: 9/10

Again - I was surprised - very similar to solid metal heads

Crisp, clean and easy on the ears

Nike Pic 4.jpg

Performance: 9/10

Better than expected as I'm not a big fan of most polymer style putters

Great distance control

Ball definitely rolls end over end and comes off the face quickly (biggest adjustment for me)

Short putts are solid - just need to adjust to initial ball speed

Nike Pic 5.jpg

Overall: 9/10

I admit that I was not a big fan of Nike putters before my review. However, I would definitely game this one after my initial testing. It has all the attributes of a high end Cameron with the added bonus of multi-metal face / polymer grooves. The "positive spin" definitely sells this putter. I would recommend this for all hdcp levels especially for those who like the sound and feel of a solid metal face with the benefit of quicker end over end roll.

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

Nice review. I'm still searching for the perfect putter. I don't like full shaft offsets and the best feeling putters I have ever hit are all full offsets. Right now I am gaming a Snake Eyes Viper Tour that my daughter got me for Fathers Day, as a build kit, and it is one of the smoothest rolling putters I have ever hit. I'm still looking. Reviews like this help a lot.

Great review. I want to give one of those a try in the worst way. I like all the Nike gear I've tried so far (Dymo, VR irons, bag, shirts, etc) but I dont want to pay that kind of price for a flat stick. I guess I'll have to wait till they come down a bit.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Archived