Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What are you working on?

TSauer

Where do you live? Up North that can be a dangerous strategy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

SoCal. I love downhill putts. The more breaks the better. It's like more bang for the buck. :)

Hey, you'd be proud of me. I went for the green in 2 of the par 5 made both. Lip out both eagle putts. One was a force carry elevated green over water. I said to myself what would rev do? And I went for it. I give half the credit :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't typically read the golf magazine tips because they are so contradictory.  one page it will tell you to do "x" and then 3 pages later it's almost the exact opposite.  I tried teaching myself this way one year and I was so confused standing over the ball I had paralysis by analysis.

However - this one holds water with me because it is based on statistics and facts.

That is something I'm a true believer in.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/swing-by-numbers-new-study-unlocks-6-swing-secrets

I thought a number of things were very good and the primary thing I'm trying to work on now is my shoulder tilt.  That one really stuck with me because I think I was starting to get pretty level on my shoulder turn down into the ball and was hitting some thin shots.  I'm going to really focus on getting that right shoulder down at impact and see what kind of difference it will make.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• 10 months later...

working on shortening my backswing.  I tried it a bit last night during league play and was pleasantly surprised.  didn't give up much - if any distance - and accuracy/dispersion was much better.

Now if I can only get it ingrained and get over the mental hump that makes me think I need to keep taking it back I'll be set. :lol:

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I don't typically read the golf magazine tips because they are so contradictory. one page it will tell you to do "x" and then 3 pages later it's almost the exact opposite. I tried teaching myself this way one year and I was so confused standing over the ball I had paralysis by analysis.

However - this one holds water with me because it is based on statistics and facts.

That is something I'm a true believer in.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/swing-by-numbers-new-study-unlocks-6-swing-secrets

I thought a number of things were very good and the primary thing I'm trying to work on now is my shoulder tilt. That one really stuck with me because I think I was starting to get pretty level on my shoulder turn down into the ball and was hitting some thin shots. I'm going to really focus on getting that right shoulder down at impact and see what kind of difference it will make.

Interesting article and way of splitting out pros from Joes. Be some good things for people to work on with the help of a coach.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Interesting article and way of splitting out pros from Joes. Be some good things for people to work on with the help of a coach.

Something I printed out and refer to every once in a while... love how video imaging and analytics are making this game better for average golfers!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Archived