Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tiger vs. Phil Exhibition Match

Shankster

own money and I want the loser writing a check on the spot to the winner. “I'll take one of those big checks I don't care”

Yes, and Adam Sandler should be the host!

“Shouldn't have been standing there”

“Oh, putting...?”

“Somebodies closer...”

• 4 weeks later...

I'm seeing some movement on twitter from the 40 something Players. Photo ops, practice rounds...

This has the making of Rocky vs Drago fight.

Are they stepping into a new mentor roll? Working the media for the big Money game? What the heck is going on?

Thanksgiving weekend either Friday or Saturday) at Shadow Creek in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

Yes, and Adam Sandler should be the host!

“Shouldn't have been standing there”

“Oh, putting...?”

“Somebodies closer...”

Or maybe Chevy Chase (shades of Caddyshack) 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This is what head to head matches are supposed to be.

It doesn't matter where the players stand in terms of merit. 

Both of their primes are in the rear view mirror.

What matters is the celebrity status and drawing power of the participants.

It's for fun, and it's for a nice padding for the retirement funds.

Pro golf started with exhibitions.

Tournaments were once for local qualifiers--club pros and high society amateurs-- plus national players--mostly past major winners--who were the only non-local players that anybody cared about or even heard of.. 

That was one of the benefits of winning a major. It set up a nice schedule of exhibitions and tournament appearances for you.

Not being a big PGA Tour fan, I might have enjoyed those days more.

I'll probably watch the Tiger-Phil match.

Yes! I am excited that this is finally happening. It needed to happen 10 years ago when they were both in their prime though. I hope that it is an exciting match.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Thanksgiving weekend either Friday or Saturday) at Shadow Creek in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It won't be Saturday. Too many big college games on that weekend

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The only way this would really be interesting is if they put up their own money.  Have sponsors get TV, Advertising, etc. That should pay for just about everything.  Have Vegas do what it does best and gamble on it so they're happy.  BUT I think Tiger and Phil need to each put up 5 million or better yet 10 million a piece and play for winner take all.  I'd bet it would yield the highest ratings for golf or maybe even sport in the United States history.  I mean even non golf fans would tune in because here's two mega super rich guys that are absolute legends/hall of famers/some of the best that ever lived duking it out blow for blow for their own cash.  How exciting would that be?  I'd def tape it, DVR it, record it, probably break down and buy the DVD to have forever as one of the craziest matches in history......this all assumes its not a blow out one way or another and I think match play would ensure this.  Stroke play could vary easily be a blow out if one of them gets red hot but the other doesn't.

But I don't think it will ever happen the way we want it to.  TV will get in the way and want to put up money and I'm hearing Tiger and Phil want to own the rights to the footage outright so the big dogs at the networks will never let this happen.  Too valuable to them.  They want to be able to play footage or reply it without the royalties it would garner.  Just my two cents.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

It's 100% going to be the exact opposite of what everyone wants and deserves. This is a great thing and tv/sponsors will ruin it. Maybe one day this event grows into something big. Just call outs, rivals, guys that hate each other. It could be a killer event someday

The only way this would really be interesting is if they put up their own money. Have sponsors get TV, Advertising, etc. That should pay for just about everything. Have Vegas do what it does best and gamble on it so they're happy. BUT I think Tiger and Phil need to each put up 5 million or better yet 10 million a piece and play for winner take all. I'd bet it would yield the highest ratings for golf or maybe even sport in the United States history. I mean even non golf fans would tune in because here's two mega super rich guys that are absolute legends/hall of famers/some of the best that ever lived duking it out blow for blow for their own cash. How exciting would that be? I'd def tape it, DVR it, record it, probably break down and buy the DVD to have forever as one of the craziest matches in history......this all assumes its not a blow out one way or another and I think match play would ensure this. Stroke play could vary easily be a blow out if one of them gets red hot but the other doesn't.

But I don't think it will ever happen the way we want it to. TV will get in the way and want to put up money and I'm hearing Tiger and Phil want to own the rights to the footage outright so the big dogs at the networks will never let this happen. Too valuable to them. They want to be able to play footage or reply it without the royalties it would garner. Just my two cents.

Match play would be sweet. Maybe even have certain holes where the winner can take a club from the others bag. Make it cut throat. But since it's around thanksgiving who knows.

Archived