Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 2/1/2024 at 1:17 PM, Erin B said:

Coeur d'Alene is one of my favorite courses. I strapped my clubs to my motorcycle and a buddy (he on his motorcycle) and I took a ride from Cheyenne Wyoming to Coeur d'Alene. I played with the caddy and parred the floating green. The caddy birdied it. It was at it's longest distance so I felt pretty accomplished. I cannot wait to play it again. Same thing with the motorcycles!!! 

While the CdA course is nice, I prefer Circling Raven on the southern end of the lake.  Great course!

One of the guys at our club...

IMG_0726.jpeg.f0ff03b5ea3ec6199aaa96aa73860b1f.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My stepdad started letting me tag along on his golf days when I was about 8 or 9 years old. When I was 11 years old I flushed a drive with Callaway Big Bertha and I have been chasing that feeling. Golf, to me, is about relationships and camaraderie. I have developed deep friendships with fellow golfers and can relax on the course with good people. The MGS forum is something I gravitated to after googling golf questions over and over. The unbiased reviews and support is incredible although I have a hard time getting involved...just read a lot. Born and raised in northern California it was an adjustment to seasonal golf in Spokane but we are so fortunate with the courses we have. There are four county courses that are always well maintained and reasonably priced. Working in sales I am fortunate to have a flexible schedule which ends up in a lot of golf afternoons. I am a die hard Oakland Athletics fan and I'm hopeful that the impending move of the team doesn't affect my passion for baseball....or I'll just golf more.

Mizuno STX driver, ping g425 hybrid, ping irons, odyssey putter. 

10 minutes ago, donald86 said:

My stepdad started letting me tag along on his golf days when I was about 8 or 9 years old. When I was 11 years old I flushed a drive with Callaway Big Bertha and I have been chasing that feeling. Golf, to me, is about relationships and camaraderie. I have developed deep friendships with fellow golfers and can relax on the course with good people. The MGS forum is something I gravitated to after googling golf questions over and over. The unbiased reviews and support is incredible although I have a hard time getting involved...just read a lot. Born and raised in northern California it was an adjustment to seasonal golf in Spokane but we are so fortunate with the courses we have. There are four county courses that are always well maintained and reasonably priced. Working in sales I am fortunate to have a flexible schedule which ends up in a lot of golf afternoons. I am a die hard Oakland Athletics fan and I'm hopeful that the impending move of the team doesn't affect my passion for baseball....or I'll just golf more.

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you are starting to join in; some great discussions and the Good Morning thread is a great way to hear what other Spys are doing each day.

Spokane certainly has great courses.  My wife grew up there in a golfing family, and we visit each year.  Her home course was the Spokane CC; now Kalispell G&CC.  Difficult to play there now (long story).  Typically we play Indian Canyons, MeadowWood, Qualchan, and Circling Raven.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you are starting to join in; some great discussions and the Good Morning thread is a great way to hear what other Spys are doing each day.

Spokane certainly has great courses.  My wife grew up there in a golfing family, and we visit each year.  Her home course was the Spokane CC; now Kalispell G&CC.  Difficult to play there now (long story).  Typically we play Indian Canyons, MeadowWood, Qualchan, and Circling Raven.  

Thanks for the heads up on forums. Circling raven is in my list this year, never played it but it's happening this season. I am hoping that there's some discount rounds available at the Spokane golf show coming up next weekend 

1 minute ago, donald86 said:

Thanks for the heads up on forums. Circling raven is in my list this year, never played it but it's happening this season. I am hoping that there's some discount rounds available at the Spokane golf show coming up next weekend 

It's a fun course and tough.  The ladies Epson Tour played there last year.  I have never seen discounts for CR at the golf show, but haven't been to the show in years.  Missing it again this year; headed to Palm Springs instead!!

We always get the CR Stay & Play package since we both play and it's a good deal; we have to stay somewhere anyway!!  

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It's a fun course and tough.  The ladies Epson Tour played there last year.  I have never seen discounts for CR at the golf show, but haven't been to the show in years.  Missing it again this year; headed to Palm Springs instead!!

We always get the CR Stay & Play package since we both play and it's a good deal; we have to stay somewhere anyway!!  

Palm springs! Beautiful! My buddy was a photographer for the Epson tour stop at CR last year. Pretty cool .

On 2/3/2024 at 7:44 AM, Kenny B said:

While the CdA course is nice, I prefer Circling Raven on the southern end of the lake.  Great course!

One of the guys at our club...

IMG_0726.jpeg.f0ff03b5ea3ec6199aaa96aa73860b1f.jpeg

I can definitely get down with that bike!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

On 2/6/2024 at 8:51 AM, donald86 said:

Circling Raven is an amazing course I would highly recommend it! I've played a handful of times and its a fantastic experience. Can be real tough with some wind though

6 hours ago, Beardstrom said:

Circling Raven is an amazing course I would highly recommend it! I've played a handful of times and its a fantastic experience. Can be real tough with some wind though

I was able to play Circling Raven last year on a trip to the region. I loved it!!! Would be my first play if I get back there. 

WITB

D - Cobra RadSpeed XB
3W - Cobra Radpeed
3h - Ping G425
4-GW - Cobra Forged Tec (2020) version
Wedges - Vokey 54 and 58
P - Cobra Agera - PTC edition 

Hello Everyone!

Nice to see a forum that has locals on it. I've golfed most of what Oregon has to offer and my wife and I recently started traveling out of state to experience other courses. I would love some advice on courses in Washington as we have not spent any time up there. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing about 12 years and started taking it serious about 5 years ago. 

2. What do you love about golf? When your buddy says "There is no way you can hit that shot" and you nail it.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looking for a one stop for new equipment reviews and would also like to meet more local avid golfers. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Salem, Oregon. Home course is Salem Golf club. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is definitely the views some of our Oregon courses have to offer. The worst is it rains more than half the year.

6. What do you do for a living? Underground Utility Pipe Salesman. No one ever knows what this means, but all you need to know is it allows me to golf with customers for work.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Weekend golfer and my best part of my game is my approach shot. 

Edited by Weekend Approach

CobraLogoUse.jpg.0267ebf015bb901642e60293d44054f5.jpgDriver - Cobra Aerojet Max 10.5 Deg Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue 60

CobraLogoUse.jpg.0267ebf015bb901642e60293d44054f5.jpg3 wood - Cobra Speedzone UST Mamiya Helium

CobraLogoUse.jpg.0267ebf015bb901642e60293d44054f5.jpg5 Hybrid - Cobra LTDx KBS PGI 85S

CobraLogoUse.jpg.0267ebf015bb901642e60293d44054f5.jpg5-9, G, P - Cobra Speedzone KBS Tour Pro S

Titleist_golf_logo.png.4e55659419909c966658ebf9211016e2.png56 Wedge - Titleist SM6 F Grind 

default_taylormade-small.jpg.90ef554f72ffd2a90997e68778c84c66.jpg60 Wedge - Taylormade HB11 

Tour_Edge_Logo.jpg.ee07308bb3c6e7229e23de81330c53a7.jpgPutter - Tour Edge HP Series #9

BridgestoneLogo.jpg.136303dca2da6d4ccfa64a755338791f.jpgCurrent Ball - Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bagboy.jpg.83f8646e12a04ebfdae263ef4e00999e.jpgBag - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Hey Everyone,

Decided to introduce myself here even though I live in British Columbia, because I play a lot of golf all over the PNW and absolutely love it.

How long have you been playing golf?

I have been playing for the last 12 years, lots of ups and downs in that period!

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’m currently playing at an 8.3 and shoot in the low 80’s and high 70’s. The last two years have been a bit of a struggle with some swing changes and saw the cap creep up to a 12 from my low of 5.7 and then back down to an 8.3. Man golf is hard!

What do you love about golf?

I love that it’s something I can play with my family, friends or just on my own. Every time I step on a course, I get a huge smile, feel relaxed and get into my happy zone. Exploring courses all over the world is probably my favourite part.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I came across MGS many years ago and have always followed their reviews, decided it would be cool to meet some other golfers from the places that often travel to golf, get some playing partners elsewhere.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Live in Vancouver, BC and play out of Seymour Golf and Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

long seasons which is great, but if you want to take advantage of that long season you have to play in the rain 👎

What do you do for a living?

I sell real estate and have a software business.

How’d you pick your user name?

Just an easy no thought option! 

- Ping G430 LST Driver, Titleist TSr2 3 Wood, TaylorMade Sim2 3&4 Hybrid, TaylorMade P770 5-P, Titleist SM7 50,54,58, Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing Golf of and on for about 10yrs now but recently decided I wanted to get really good at it. My normal score is mid to low 80s.

What I love most about this game is the fact that it’s a game of managing failure. Also the many different styles different golfers bring to the table swinging their swings and just the enjoyment of a purely struck shot and the occasional long birdie putts.

What brought me here is I watch a lot of reviews on clubs, balls, swing videos and golf highlights in general and I also search online for reviews and came across MGS website and really enjoyed the YouTube videos they have and the information provided very astute reviews. Unfortunately I do not know any other Spies but I definitely look forward to getting to know others and converse and hear different Points Of Views to try and help better my understanding of this game. 

I am from the Pacific Northwest specifically Seattle Washington the courses I usually golf at are called Jefferson Park Golf Course where Fred Couples used to play, Foster Golf Links, Riverbend, Auburn, Lake Wilderness, so I don’t really have a home course yet but will soon 

The Best Sunny Days course is dry and you can let the ball fly, The Worst it rains a lot. 

I Like the way it sounded lol and I’m from Seattle our area code is  (206)

WITB Taylormade Sim2 8* Driver(45.5”KuroKage Silver 60g X-Stiff), Taylormade Stealth 3w(ProjectX Red Hazardous RDX), Taylormade RBZ Stage2 5w, Taylormade 3-P RSi TP Irons bent 2* upright and 2* stronger lofted(KBS Tour Shafts), Taylormade TP 52*,56* Wedges and finally a Taylormade Corza Ghost Long Putter 48” 

just another soul on the hunt to achieve scratch golfing 🏌🏽‍♂️ instead of scratching my head in confusion lol. 

17 hours ago, TheeGowfer206 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing Golf of and on for about 10yrs now but recently decided I wanted to get really good at it. My normal score is mid to low 80s.

What I love most about this game is the fact that it’s a game of managing failure. Also the many different styles different golfers bring to the table swinging their swings and just the enjoyment of a purely struck shot and the occasional long birdie putts.

What brought me here is I watch a lot of reviews on clubs, balls, swing videos and golf highlights in general and I also search online for reviews and came across MGS website and really enjoyed the YouTube videos they have and the information provided very astute reviews. Unfortunately I do not know any other Spies but I definitely look forward to getting to know others and converse and hear different Points Of Views to try and help better my understanding of this game. 

I am from the Pacific Northwest specifically Seattle Washington the courses I usually golf at are called Jefferson Park Golf Course where Fred Couples used to play, Foster Golf Links, Riverbend, Auburn, Lake Wilderness, so I don’t really have a home course yet but will soon 

The Best Sunny Days course is dry and you can let the ball fly, The Worst it rains a lot. 

I Like the way it sounded lol and I’m from Seattle our area code is  (206)

Welcome the forum. Tons of great info, debates, questions. There are a few MGS peeps from your area. I’m in the Portland area. 

good luck in your endeavor for improvement . 

J

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Hello everyone. I’ve been golfing off and on for 38 years. I’m currently a 14.8 hcp but I hope to bring that down to 10 or less this year. I recently upgraded my golf bag to help with this attempt. I enjoy spending time with my buddies on the course and now that my wife has started playing I enjoy that time spent together too. I appreciate MyGolfSpy being the “consumer reports” for all things golf. The best part of playing where I live in SW Idaho is the late sunsets in the summer and of course the worst part is not being able to play as much in the winter months. Hit them long and straight everyone and remember that mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom. 

Ping G430 Max, Stealth2 3W, M6 hybrid, P790 4-AW, MG4 54°, MG4 60°

On 2/18/2024 at 7:21 PM, Weekend Approach said:

Hello Everyone!

Nice to see a forum that has locals on it. I've golfed most of what Oregon has to offer and my wife and I recently started traveling out of state to experience other courses. I would love some advice on courses in Washington as we have not spent any time up there. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing about 12 years and started taking it serious about 5 years ago. 

2. What do you love about golf? When your buddy says "There is no way you can hit that shot" and you nail it.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looking for a one stop for new equipment reviews and would also like to meet more local avid golfers. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Salem, Oregon. Home course is Salem Golf club. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is definitely the views some of our Oregon courses have to offer. The worst is it rains more than half the year.

6. What do you do for a living? Underground Utility Pipe Salesman. No one ever knows what this means, but all you need to know is it allows me to golf with customers for work.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Weekend golfer and my best part of my game is my approach shot. 

Welcome to the forums!! Glad you joined us.  Sorry to be so late responding.  I was in Palm Springs for a couple of weeks with limited internet access.

You are in my old neck of the woods.  I grew up in Corvallis and after I left OSU, my parents moved to Monmouth.  After I started playing golf, I always played Salem Golf Club since it was an easy drive the back way over the river from Independence.  Still have a SGC sweater.  Don’t get down there much anymore since my parents passed away, but my new goto course is Springhill outside Albany.  I’d probably be a member there if I lived in the area.

@NorthVangolfer, @TheeGowfer206, and @Craiger1989  Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us!  If you get over into eastern Washington, give me a shout.  I’m always willing to play most anywhere.

@TheeGowfer206  I used to play quite a bit in your area before my good friend and jazz pianist Deems Tsutakawa passed away 3 years ago.  We met at Qualchan in Spokane and he lived and played near Jefferson Park.  We played golf together for many years both in Seattle and in Spokane.

Hi MyGolfSpy! I’m excited to join! Truth be told, I have been lingering on the forum for awhile and figured now was a good time to join.

A little about me. I’m born and raised in western Washington, although I have spent time in the south and in Iraq when I was deployed. I’m married, and have 2 wonderful kids. I came to golf a few years ago, and have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with the sport. 

I’m playing with a fitted set of TM 790s, TM MG3 wedges, PXG putter, and a Ping driver woods and hybrids.

I live is Snohomish and not far from the Snohomish golf course. I love that course which I know to some it’s not their favorite. Fortunately in my short couple of years golfing I have been fortunate enough to play around 2 dozen course in the PNW and one awesome course in Cabo San Lucas. 

To me, golf is great because it is so challenging. It’s a game of millimeters and small degrees, and it is so fascinating and beyond frustrating at the same time. It’s that couple of pure shots per game that make it more addicting crack (I suppose I can only imagine haha).

I look forward to my continued education on the sport and learning from everyone!

Thanks,

Zack

PS.

I’m always down to golf if someone finds them self in my neck of the woods and is looking for a fourth!

@Ijustwanttobegood  Love the reference!!

Welcome to the forums Zack!  Glad you joined us.  I live on the dry side of the Cascades, but have played many courses in the state.  

My golf instructor Monte Scheinblum (rebelliongolf.com and look him up on Instagram) lives in SoCal and conducts clinics all over the country.  He has one in Snohomish each August; I’ve been to two of them.  Two days working at Snohomish Valley Golf Center and a 3rd day on the course at Snohomish GC.  The clinic is well worth it for the price.  I will probably attend again this year.

Edited by Kenny B

18 hours ago, Ijustwanttobegood said:

Hi MyGolfSpy! I’m excited to join! Truth be told, I have been lingering on the forum for awhile and figured now was a good time to join.

A little about me. I’m born and raised in western Washington, although I have spent time in the south and in Iraq when I was deployed. I’m married, and have 2 wonderful kids. I came to golf a few years ago, and have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with the sport. 

I’m playing with a fitted set of TM 790s, TM MG3 wedges, PXG putter, and a Ping driver woods and hybrids.

I live is Snohomish and not far from the Snohomish golf course. I love that course which I know to some it’s not their favorite. Fortunately in my short couple of years golfing I have been fortunate enough to play around 2 dozen course in the PNW and one awesome course in Cabo San Lucas. 

To me, golf is great because it is so challenging. It’s a game of millimeters and small degrees, and it is so fascinating and beyond frustrating at the same time. It’s that couple of pure shots per game that make it more addicting crack (I suppose I can only imagine haha).

I look forward to my continued education on the sport and learning from everyone!

Thanks,

Zack

PS.

I’m always down to golf if someone finds them self in my neck of the woods and is looking for a fourth!

Welcome Zack! Not far from you, up in Arlington. Give me a holler if you ever want to play. I’m in the mens league at Cedarcrest in Marysville for the first time this year, it’s a good group.

Edited by No3PuttLaLa

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Hi All! Been lurking for a couple years and read all the reviews. Never realized there was a forum so decided to join!

im 37, 2 young kids who are just now getting into golf. I’ve been playing golf in and off since I was about 12 years old. My first job in HS was at Trilogy ( now the GC @ Redmond Ridge). Have always loved the challenge of golf and getting me outside with family and friends. I have traveled around the west coast for work through most of my 20’s and got back into golf pretty heavily. I’m now back in the Seattle area and play most all the public tracks in the Puget Sound. Currently play to an 11.5 handicap and focusing on getting that to single digits over the next couple seasons! 

22 hours ago, Rjride1020 said:

Hi All! Been lurking for a couple years and read all the reviews. Never realized there was a forum so decided to join!

im 37, 2 young kids who are just now getting into golf. I’ve been playing golf in and off since I was about 12 years old. My first job in HS was at Trilogy ( now the GC @ Redmond Ridge). Have always loved the challenge of golf and getting me outside with family and friends. I have traveled around the west coast for work through most of my 20’s and got back into golf pretty heavily. I’m now back in the Seattle area and play most all the public tracks in the Puget Sound. Currently play to an 11.5 handicap and focusing on getting that to single digits over the next couple seasons! 

Welcome to the forums from the dry side of the state!  Glad you joined us.

Hi everyone, excited to be joining the forum after following MyGolfSpy on Insta and consulting their reviews for a long time.

26 years. Started playing for real when I was 13.

My handicap fluctuates between 9-10.  Typically gonna be in the 80-85 range, with the occasional round in the 70s when the Driver is working.

Everything, always, forever.  Being outdoors.  The endless pursuit of improvement.  Meeting new people.  Rounds with old friends.

After nearly 20 years in the corporate world, I'm in the midst of leaping into a career in golf.  I want to learn as much as I can.  No better place!

I'm located in Kirkland, WA, about 5 minutes from Bellevue Municipal.

I grew up in New England, so living in this area I am grateful that I can play year round.  Less grateful for muddy conditions for what feels like most of the year.

I am one foot out the door of a long career in market research, with one foot into the next chapter selling the PutterCup putting training aids I invented.

Matt's my name, PutterCup is my company.

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

2 hours ago, matt_puttercup said:

Hi everyone, excited to be joining the forum after following MyGolfSpy on Insta and consulting their reviews for a long time.

26 years. Started playing for real when I was 13.

My handicap fluctuates between 9-10.  Typically gonna be in the 80-85 range, with the occasional round in the 70s when the Driver is working.

Everything, always, forever.  Being outdoors.  The endless pursuit of improvement.  Meeting new people.  Rounds with old friends.

After nearly 20 years in the corporate world, I'm in the midst of leaping into a career in golf.  I want to learn as much as I can.  No better place!

I'm located in Kirkland, WA, about 5 minutes from Bellevue Municipal.

I grew up in New England, so living in this area I am grateful that I can play year round.  Less grateful for muddy conditions for what feels like most of the year.

I am one foot out the door of a long career in market research, with one foot into the next chapter selling the PutterCup putting training aids I invented.

Matt's my name, PutterCup is my company.

Welcome to the forums Matt from the dry side of the state!!  Glad you joined us.

1. I started playing golf back in the early 2000's while I was still in high school but took a long hiatus in 2005 when I moved. I started playing again in 2022 and have gotten down to an 18.3 handicap.

2. I enjoy golf because it is a way to escape the mundane parts of life and allows for mental stimulation and physical challenge. 

3. I came to MGS for insights on club choices, ball reviews, and a sense of community. I do not know anyone else here on the forum. 

4. I am currently located in Sheridan, Wyoming with Kendrick being my home course.

5. I would say the best thing about golf in my neck of the woods is that I can get a season pass for a fairly affordable rate. The worst things are the fact that the season is very short, the course selection is limited, and you need to travel to get to any courses that are above muni courses.

6. I work for the Wyoming State government as a Natural Resources Analyst dealing with coal and non-coal mining operations in the Powder River Basin.

7. My user name came from things that I enjoy doing besides golf: Riding motorcycles/mountain biking, hiking, and fly fishing in Wyoming.

8. WITB: Driver: Taylormade Stealth, 3W: Taylormade Stealth, 5W: Taylormade Stealth 2, 4H: Callaway Mavrik '22, 5i-GW: Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 54º: Taylormade Hi-Toe3, 60º: Taylormade Hi-Toe3, Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0, Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV Divide.

-Remember: Course Management.

2 hours ago, bikehikeflywy said:

1. I started playing golf back in the early 2000's while I was still in high school but took a long hiatus in 2005 when I moved. I started playing again in 2022 and have gotten down to an 18.3 handicap.

2. I enjoy golf because it is a way to escape the mundane parts of life and allows for mental stimulation and physical challenge. 

3. I came to MGS for insights on club choices, ball reviews, and a sense of community. I do not know anyone else here on the forum. 

4. I am currently located in Sheridan, Wyoming with Kendrick being my home course.

5. I would say the best thing about golf in my neck of the woods is that I can get a season pass for a fairly affordable rate. The worst things are the fact that the season is very short, the course selection is limited, and you need to travel to get to any courses that are above muni courses.

6. I work for the Wyoming State government as a Natural Resources Analyst dealing with coal and non-coal mining operations in the Powder River Basin.

7. My user name came from things that I enjoy doing besides golf: Riding motorcycles/mountain biking, hiking, and fly fishing in Wyoming.

8. WITB: Driver: Taylormade Stealth, 3W: Taylormade Stealth, 5W: Taylormade Stealth 2, 4H: Callaway Mavrik '22, 5i-GW: Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 54º: Taylormade Hi-Toe3, 60º: Taylormade Hi-Toe3, Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0, Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV Divide.

Just joined, myself!  Welcome to another new person. 😃

On 3/12/2024 at 8:02 PM, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums Matt from the dry side of the state!!  Glad you joined us.

Best round of my life came from over yonder 😄 had a +2 at Wine Valley a couple years back.  My theory is that waking up at 3AM to make the drive there before playing had me in a daze!!

36 minutes ago, matt_puttercup said:

Just joined, myself!  Welcome to another new person. 😃

Thanks, Matt. I grew up in Woodinville so not far from your neck of the woods. I do find it a bit amusing that they are lumping Wyoming in with the PNW though seeing as we are technically considered the Mountain West Region. 

I have been lucky enough to get out at The Home Course, Chambers Bay, and Whispering Firs up there, but I have Gold Mountain and Salish Cliffs on my bucket list. 

Edited by bikehikeflywy

4 hours ago, bikehikeflywy said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us.  Been a long time since I was through Sheridan, but I’ve driving to Virginia in May and I’ll get a chance to see it again!!

1 hour ago, bikehikeflywy said:

Thanks, Matt. I grew up in Woodinville so not far from your neck of the woods. I do find it a bit amusing that they are lumping Wyoming in with the PNW though seeing as we are technically considered the Mountain West Region. 

I have been lucky enough to get out at The Home Course, Chambers Bay, and Whispering Firs up there, but I have Gold Mountain and Salish Cliffs on my bucket list. 

*love* gold mountain, might even be my #1 in the area. salish is also very solid, was lucky enough to get some free rounds there as part of the WA Golf Match Play a few years back. Haven't made it to Whispering Firs though!

2 hours ago, matt_puttercup said:

*love* gold mountain, might even be my #1 in the area. salish is also very solid, was lucky enough to get some free rounds there as part of the WA Golf Match Play a few years back. Haven't made it to Whispering Firs though!

I am trying to get back up that way to golf this year, but we will see how it goes. I grabbed one of the Chambers Bay Journals while I was there last year and read about a deal called the Champions Experiences were for $459-$700 you can get a tee time at Chambers, Home Course, and Gold Mountain as well as a two night stay at a nice hotel in Tacoma. I have family in University Place, so it will allow me to get in at Salish as well.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us.  Been a long time since I was through Sheridan, but I’ve driving to Virginia in May and I’ll get a chance to see it again!!

If you are able and remember, shoot me a message when you're passing through and maybe we can get out of a round. Buffalo, just to the south of here, has a decent track.