Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

It goes away.

NiftyNiblick

I walk with a cane. The idea of my playing golf has become so implausible--ridiculous, actually--that finally, after a pretty long time, I don't think about it anymore.

I loved playing the game at one time...really loved it.  Then came the metal spike ban and the modern equipment. And the sudden bitching about slow play when I was never

in a hurry playing golf. 

I still enjoyed playing, but give me something to complain about and that's mother's milk to me.  (If you don't believe that, explore my posts on other venues. You  know what's been going on.)

Not being able to play but still thinking about it a lot made me a perpetual motion complainer, though.  I bitched and bitched and bitched about a game that I couldn't even play anymore!

But now it's gone away.  My only thoughts about golf, when they infrequently come, are memories of playing with my friends and my uncles and those few but memorable times when my dad took a shot at it.  His swing was a manifestation of terrifying violence, bless his soul.  You had to see it.

The Red Sox pitching staff kicked me in the balls this year, but it's time to make this football season a Stairway to Seven...Lombardi Trophies, that is.  I think the Kraft-Belichick-Brady Triumvirate may have one more middle finger salute for half of Connecticut and the other 44 non New England states (although we're all patriots, after all).  The defense looks good, and even at 42, and without the magnificent Gronk, Mr Brady is still the GOAT.  I personally saw Ted Williams put up a 1.096 OPS as he glided toward his 43rd birthday.  So one more, please, and then I'll forget about football, too.

[As an aside, do you know how young 42 sounds to me? Our baby, our littlest, is 42. She looks like a teenager.]

Hell, I should be looking at urns at this point. I'm thinking old school brass. Opinions?

Anyway, hi.  I miss you guys.  You're a great group with whom to share venting.

Yours always,

Nifty

Edited by NiftyNiblick

Always good to hear from you Nifty even if you’re dissing my home state.

I lived in the part of CT that gravitated towards NY teams although I have had a couple of flirtations with the Celts and converted from the Yanks to the Rays when Rivera retired.

Best wishes to you. Please stick your nose in now and again to let us know how you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD