Our Sponsors

Hey, I know this thread is slowly becoming a little tedious...I admit I'm very much using it as a log and as a motivator, but I don't want to bore anybody, so if there's any additional content or stuff anyone wants to ask me about please let me know!  I don't think gratuitous shirtless male photos are in order, but I am toying with trying to catch some video of some of the big lifts...I'm not far off from a 400 pound deadlift.  In any event, feedback is more than welcome!

Today was SuperSpeed Level 3, followed by a "B2" workout:

Preacher Curls - 105, reps at 12, 4, 2, 2

Reverse Grip EZ Curls - 85, reps at 12, 5, 3, 2

Box Jumps - 3 sets of 6

Machine Leg Press Calf Raise - 180, 1 set of 12

Lying Leg Curl - 130, reps at 11, 4, 3, 2

Squats - Straight set of 275 for 12 reps, widowmaker at 185 for 20

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eyes may have rolled at just the title of this thread, but I can honestly say I decided I was going to do this several months ago…I’m going to run an offseason “experiment” of bulking up in search of

so you're mostly hypertrophy based in the gym...which is completely fine and will absolutely get you the mass numbers and increased strength you're chasing.  i'd just caution you to add a yoga/deep st

Another aspect that can be overlooked is temperature and recovery. I am doing my speed work in a garage in Canada. The only heat is from a small heater that blows directly on me. My last week was my s

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, I know this thread is slowly becoming a little tedious...I admit I'm very much using it as a log and as a motivator, but I don't want to bore anybody, so if there's any additional content or stuff anyone wants to ask me about please let me know!  I don't think gratuitous shirtless male photos are in order, but I am toying with trying to catch some video of some of the big lifts...I'm not far off from a 400 pound deadlift.  In any event, feedback is more than welcome!

Today was SuperSpeed Level 3, followed by a "B2" workout:

Preacher Curls - 105, reps at 12, 4, 2, 2

Reverse Grip EZ Curls - 85, reps at 12, 5, 3, 2

Box Jumps - 3 sets of 6

Machine Leg Press Calf Raise - 180, 1 set of 12

Lying Leg Curl - 130, reps at 11, 4, 3, 2

Squats - Straight set of 275 for 12 reps, widowmaker at 185 for 20

Just makes me feel very weak when I read some of these numbers... 😭.

Good on you for keeping a pretty consistent routine throughout all of the gym closures! Have you been able to swing a golf club to check on any speed progress?

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

29 minutes ago, edingc said:

Just makes me feel very weak when I read some of these numbers... 😭.

Good on you for keeping a pretty consistent routine throughout all of the gym closures! Have you been able to swing a golf club to check on any speed progress?

Thanks!

Can't say that I have, but it's supposed to be in the 70s on Thursday so I'll get out for a round.  I won't get an SS numbers but may be able to observe some yardages.  Inexact science though.  I do have plans to get on a radar in about a month though; by then I'd expect to be about 200 and at least 15+ heavier...it will be an interesting check on progress.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 12:43 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

My TPI: Sprinting vs Jogging: Why Distance Running Won't Help Your Golf Game

Love this story, and also love any reason to exercise more explosively as opposed to low intensity cardio haha

On 10/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Heavy Strength Training - What's the Point?

This is also a great article, thanks for sharing. There's so many misconceptions in the fitness world in general, and maybe even more when it comes to golf related fitness.

I just caught up on this thread, good for you @Getoffmylawnfor getting after it! I'll be following along with your updates and progress. Last winter I lifted pretty heavily, but didn't do a good job of maintaining my mobility. By the time spring came around and I was able to golf more I definitely regretted it. What does your flexibility/mobility regimen looks like? Also, you obviously have some extensive lifting experience just going off the weights you're putting up; before you started this concentrated effort to bulk and add speed, what was your activity level compared to now?

• Like 1

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50° & 54°): post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedge (60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

50 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Love this story, and also love any reason to exercise more explosively as opposed to low intensity cardio haha

This is also a great article, thanks for sharing. There's so many misconceptions in the fitness world in general, and maybe even more when it comes to golf related fitness.

I just caught up on this thread, good for you @Getoffmylawnfor getting after it! I'll be following along with your updates and progress. Last winter I lifted pretty heavily, but didn't do a good job of maintaining my mobility. By the time spring came around and I was able to golf more I definitely regretted it. What does your flexibility/mobility regimen looks like? Also, you obviously have some extensive lifting experience just going off the weights you're putting up; before you started this concentrated effort to bulk and add speed, what was your activity level compared to now?

Hey, thanks for the feedback.  I've been playing golf for about 7 years in total, but for mu adult life dating back into college I've always been active and into working out.  For a while I was a pretty dedicated bodybuilder, so I've been on some form of weight training for 20 years or so.

I did a LOT of things wrong to be honest.  I learned bodybuilding and weight training from muscle mags like FLEX and Muscle & Fitness...WRONG.  If you thumb through one of those you'll see training programs based on 12-16 sets per muscle group, and hitting that muscle group once a week.  That works well, if you're on 'roids.  For a natural trainer that's just pulverizing a muscle and a lot of overtraining.  I still grew doing that, but not nearly as much as I likely could have.

Sorry, bit of a rant there.

With regards to mobility and flexibility, I am concerned about losing mobility as I add size, but that concern leads me to be hyper-fanatical about addressing those areas.  During the workouts, I stretch about 3 times for a 30 count both before and after the one working set I do for a muscle group.  Honestly, over the course of a workout, 60% of the time spent is stretching.  I'll also follow-up with a nightly stretching ritual focused on glutes, hams, and hip flexors.

Mobility, I do a lot of foam rolling (almost daily) and a lot of mobility drills that I've picked up from TPI and Fit for Golf.  And, I'm confident the PlaneMate helps in this regard significantly too.

I know that sounds like a lot, and I suppose it is.  As I said, I'm pretty fanatical and golf-obsessed.  I've got no interest in gaining this mass if it's not going to increase my yardages!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I did a LOT of things wrong to be honest.  I learned bodybuilding and weight training from muscle mags like FLEX and Muscle & Fitness...WRONG.  If you thumb through one of those you'll see training programs based on 12-16 sets per muscle group, and hitting that muscle group once a week.  That works well, if you're on 'roids.  For a natural trainer that's just pulverizing a muscle and a lot of overtraining.  I still grew doing that, but not nearly as much as I likely could have.

Sorry, bit of a rant there.

With regards to mobility and flexibility, I am concerned about losing mobility as I add size, but that concern leads me to be hyper-fanatical about addressing those areas.  During the workouts, I stretch about 3 times for a 30 count both before and after the one working set I do for a muscle group.  Honestly, over the course of a workout, 60% of the time spent is stretching.  I'll also follow-up with a nightly stretching ritual focused on glutes, hams, and hip flexors.

Great stuff! I totally agree, turns out steroids dramatically changes the kind of programming someone can/should do. My new pet-peeve is all the instagram/youtube personalities who look incredible suspicious when it comes to the 'roids, then sell a BS "program" that's really terrible advice.

And that's a great point in stretching between lifts, I'm definitely going to implement that. Especially on my heavy sets I do some longer breaks and that would be the perfect time to make sure I'm not losing my mobility. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

Right Handed

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50° & 54°): post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Today's workout was SuperSpeed ASD1 followed by an "A3" workout.  Honestly, SuperSpeed ASD1 is kind of tedious...if you're not familiar with it, it's intended to help you learn to use the ground better, and it requires you to alternate every rep between dominant and non-dominant sides, as opposed to 3 dominant, 3 non-dominant, etc.  Might sound minor, but it's a bit of a curveball after so many weeks of cranking out several reps in a row on one side.

Anyway, today's lifts:

Dumbbell Bench Press - 85s, reps at 9, 2, 1, 1

Machine Shoulder Press - 130, reps at 10, 3, 1

Machine Dips - 250, reps at 12, 6, 4, 2

Machine Lat Pulldown - 170, reps at 10, 4, 2, 1

Wide-Grip Cable Row - 170, reps at 8, 3, 2

This is a lot of machine work I know, but given that I'm continuing to workout at the Y instead of the base gym my options are a little limited.  Plus, I don't mind taking it a little easier on my joints for one workout.

70s and single-digit MPH winds tomorrow, in mid-November in Nebraska.  You better believe I'm teeing it up!  I hesitate to say "last round"...if we get one of those rare 50 degree days in December I'm sure I'll play then too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Great stuff! I totally agree, turns out steroids dramatically changes the kind of programming someone can/should do. My new pet-peeve is all the instagram/youtube personalities who look incredible suspicious when it comes to the 'roids, then sell a BS "program" that's really terrible advice.

And that's a great point in stretching between lifts, I'm definitely going to implement that. Especially on my heavy sets I do some longer breaks and that would be the perfect time to make sure I'm not losing my mobility. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I swear by the in-workout stretching, especially immediately after the working set and then continually throughout the overall workout.  

I think it's paid off.  I've taken many lessons at GolfTec and if you're familiar with their software, it color codes your swing measurements based on a comparison to tour averages, red being bad, yellow marginal, green within the desired range, and blue being above average.  I'm not in a position to do it now but I'll try to grab a screenshot from a previous lesson...I was blue across the board in my follow-through, and nearing that on my backswing.

Kind of a long-winded way of saying I think my emphasis on flexibility and mobility has worked.

(NOTE:  I hope this doesn't come across as pompous or arrogant...not the intent at all.)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

(NOTE:  I hope this doesn't come across as pompous or arrogant...not the intent at all.)

Not in the slightest! One of the things I love about MGS is being able to take snippets and concepts from folks who have more figured out than I do at whatever concept or skill.

• Like 1

Right Handed

42 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah, I swear by the in-workout stretching, especially immediately after the working set and then continually throughout the overall workout.  

I think it's paid off.  I've taken many lessons at GolfTec and if you're familiar with their software, it color codes your swing measurements based on a comparison to tour averages, red being bad, yellow marginal, green within the desired range, and blue being above average.  I'm not in a position to do it now but I'll try to grab a screenshot from a previous lesson...I was blue across the board in my follow-through, and nearing that on my backswing.

Kind of a long-winded way of saying I think my emphasis on flexibility and mobility has worked.

Have you seen some of the literature on decreased force output resulting from static stretching? Probably not a huge deal, but the general recommendation is dynamic warmups before your working sets with stretching and mobility work afterwards. One of the things I saw, suggested that hip flexors are the only muscle that show any benefit (higher vertical leap) to static stretching pre-use which is mostly associated with how restricted they are from extended periods sitting. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Have you seen some of the literature on decreased force output resulting from static stretching? Probably not a huge deal, but the general recommendation is dynamic warmups before your working sets with stretching and mobility work afterwards. One of the things I saw, suggested that hip flexors are the only muscle that show any benefit (higher vertical leap) to static stretching pre-use which is mostly associated with how restricted they are from extended periods sitting. 

I have.  The pre-working set stretching is a quick 30-seconds in duration, the post-set stretching is significantly more intense.  Kind of hard (or maybe just wordy) to describe but I'll try..

So this morning my first exercise was Dumbbell Chest Press, followed by a shoulder exercise, triceps, then back.  So when I first got to the gym I did about 3 30-second stretches for chest, then grabbed some 40s and did a warm-up set, then began stretching shoulders, triceps, back, and then back to chest, then another warm-up set with the 40s, rinse and repeat.  So before I got to the actual working-set I had completed 3 warm-up sets with the 40s for 12-15 reps each along with multiple 30-second static stretches.  Then immediately after the working set I did a 90-second static stretch, and candidly, I make it painful...really pushing the range of motion.  Once I move to warm-up sets for shoulders I do more chest stretches.

Anyway, I didn't feel this level of detail was necessary for this thread, but point is I do warm up in a more dynamic method before getting into the work.

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

I was aware of the static stretching stuff, but didn't know about the hip flexors. I've been getting up earlier this fall so far to work on my hip flexors specifically because I have very limited internal rotation in my right hip. It creeps up in my golf swing with poor lower body rotation in the backswing. I've seen some good progress just working 5-10 minutes per day on the flexors. 

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

One of the best active instagram accounts for golf stretches is ando_pfs out in scottsdale. He works at a performance facility and I see not only golfers, but athletes from all sports that utilize his teachings. Lots of posts/stories about power through movement or stretches to gain flexibility. I'll have my routine in the gym but then I'll finish up with some of his stuff to maintain flexibility. 

It is difficult to add flexibility AND strength at the same time. Some folks are able to do that, but for the most of us, one usually overrides the other. Kudos if you can do both. 

I would do what you can to see actual ball flights during your SuperSpeed training. My only regret during my training from December - March was the lack of time out on the range/course to see what was happening with my swing. My focus during training was speed, speed, speed but then that caused the timing in my swing to get out of whack. My average fairway % in 2019 with a driver or 3W according to Garmin was 65% with 72% of my misses going left (fade for this lefty). After a couple weeks with SuperSpeed, my fairway % dropped to 41% with 61% of my misses going right. It did take awhile to get the timing back and yes, I did see decent yardage gains off the tee but early spring was not fun off the tee box. 

Good on you for tracking macros/calories. I wore out my food scale trying to weigh certain foods that gave me 50g of protein, 55g of carbs and 20g of fat. Kudos to those who can maintain that lifestyle. 

• :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
5 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

One of the best active instagram accounts for golf stretches is ando_pfs out in scottsdale. He works at a performance facility and I see not only golfers, but athletes from all sports that utilize his teachings. Lots of posts/stories about power through movement or stretches to gain flexibility. I'll have my routine in the gym but then I'll finish up with some of his stuff to maintain flexibility. 

It is difficult to add flexibility AND strength at the same time. Some folks are able to do that, but for the most of us, one usually overrides the other. Kudos if you can do both. 

I would do what you can to see actual ball flights during your SuperSpeed training. My only regret during my training from December - March was the lack of time out on the range/course to see what was happening with my swing. My focus during training was speed, speed, speed but then that caused the timing in my swing to get out of whack. My average fairway % in 2019 with a driver or 3W according to Garmin was 65% with 72% of my misses going left (fade for this lefty). After a couple weeks with SuperSpeed, my fairway % dropped to 41% with 61% of my misses going right. It did take awhile to get the timing back and yes, I did see decent yardage gains off the tee but early spring was not fun off the tee box. 

Good on you for tracking macros/calories. I wore out my food scale trying to weigh certain foods that gave me 50g of protein, 55g of carbs and 20g of fat. Kudos to those who can maintain that lifestyle. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll definitely check out that account.

I saw erratic ball-striking after first picking up SuperSpeed; I'm bracing for the possibility again. One saving grace is a teaching pro friend of mine is setting me up with simulator time at the indoor bay set up at the course he works at...a local muni under private management, but they set him up with a GC Quad.  I should be able to get out there a couple times a month starting in December to keep an eye on it.

I'm enjoying the discussion in this thread and it helps to break up all of the workout posts from @Getoffmylawn 🤪

It's important not to confuse "flexibility" or your passive range of motion with active range of motion which is what you can physically access and use in a golf swing or any movement under your own power. If you do yoga everyday you will increase your passive range of motion, but without proper stability work and activation, the gains to your active range of motion could be significantly less or negligible. Static stretching also correlates much more with passive ranges of motion than active. Stuff like PAIL/RAILs or "90/90s" for your hips and controlled articular rotations (CARs) for your main rotary centers (shoulders, neck, trunk, hips, ankles) will provide significantly higher gains to active range of motion and improving function throughout the golf swing. 

Having a TPI movement screen or other assessment tools is important to see where your restrictions are that will affect your golf swing. It's great to do mobility work, but it isn't always feasible to do an hour's worth on your whole body. If you know your hips are the problem in terms of golf swing, or T-spine, at least you know what to work on first when in a time crunch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

37 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I'm enjoying the discussion in this thread and it helps to break up all of the workout posts from @Getoffmylawn 🤪

It's important not to confuse "flexibility" or your passive range of motion with active range of motion which is what you can physically access and use in a golf swing or any movement under your own power. If you do yoga everyday you will increase your passive range of motion, but without proper stability work and activation, the gains to your active range of motion could be significantly less or negligible. Static stretching also correlates much more with passive ranges of motion than active. Stuff like PAIL/RAILs or "90/90s" for your hips and controlled articular rotations (CARs) for your main rotary centers (shoulders, neck, trunk, hips, ankles) will provide significantly higher gains to active range of motion and improving function throughout the golf swing. 

Having a TPI movement screen or other assessment tools is important to see where your restrictions are that will affect your golf swing. It's great to do mobility work, but it isn't always feasible to do an hour's worth on your whole body. If you know your hips are the problem in terms of golf swing, or T-spine, at least you know what to work on first when in a time crunch. 

Great point. First time I'd ever heard this I was struggling to get good depth in my squats, even with stretching. I made a conscious effort to "stretch" the bottom position on my warmup sets and saw some really quick improvements to my working set depth as well.

• Like 1

Right Handed

So I played today, and overall I had a tough round largely for lack of any short game touch around the greens...normally my strong suit.  Not going to get down on myself for an 82 when I haven’t had any practice or rounds to speak of for a while.

What I did get out of my round was motivation and affirmation...I’m getting longer.  I hit 4 drives over 300 yards today after not touching that number all season!

No, I have no pretty LM pics, spin numbers, or any sexy data to analyze. I can only tell you that on course I was hitting less club into several holes, and based on my GPS app I had quite a few bombs.

I don’t know if it’s the weight training, increase mass, SuperSpeed, PlaneMate, or all of the above.  Nor do I care...I’m going to keep doing what I’ve been doing!

I still have plans to get on a launch monitor mid-December...can’t wait!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So I played today, and overall I had a tough round largely for lack of any short game touch around the greens...normally my strong suit.  Not going to get down on myself for an 82 when I haven’t had any practice or rounds to speak of for a while.

What I did get out of my round was motivation and affirmation...I’m getting longer.  I hit 4 drives over 300 yards today after not touching that number all season!

No, I have no pretty LM pics, spin numbers, or any sexy data to analyze. I can only tell you that on course I was hitting less club into several holes, and based on my GPS app I had quite a few bombs.

I don’t know if it’s the weight training, increase mass, SuperSpeed, PlaneMate, or all of the above.  Nor do I care...I’m going to keep doing what I’ve been doing!

I still have plans to get on a launch monitor mid-December...can’t wait!

Do you feel like the short game mistakes were because of the new lifting gains? Or another reason?

• Like 1

Right Handed

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

That's some real world motivation right there!

• Like 1

17° Hybrid:
18.5° Driving Iron: 
21° Hybrid:
4-AW:  
54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Do you feel like the short game mistakes were because of the new lifting gains? Or another reason?

Just rust.  I normally spend my lunch breaks a couple times a week chipping, and haven't done that in about 6 weeks.  Plus I tend to open up the face a lot, move the ball around in my stance...I kind of really enjoy the touch and feel aspects of chipping.  But today I just didn't have it...a lot of flubbed chips where I didn't have my weight pre-set to the front like I normally would for those open-faced shots, a lot of chips that checked when I wanted them to run and chips that ran when I wanted them to check.  Just one of those things, not something I would associate at all with size/strength gains.

• Like 1