Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Should I be upset?

Miboy62

Is this the norm?

I set a Tee time up for $22.00 because I am a single and have to pay a extra $5.00 okay I can under stand that. I call back because my 13 Daughter wanted to ride along and keep score and give me yardage? "That will be another $8.00 because she's taking up a seat".

So I get charged extra not one time but twice for the same seat. Maybe they think they are Delta?

I cancelled that tee time and set up with another course and said my daughter was coming. " Not a problem we encourage family ride along"

Note I did not say anything about what happen at the last course to them.

Am I wrong in my thinking or is this the norm?

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Not at all...

I could understand if she was playing, but to just sit in the cart, I wouldn't expect to be charged. I plan on taking my 6 year old son out with me next week while I play 9, just so he can sit in the cart and see what it's like to be on the course, if they ask me to pay I'll do the same thing you did and walk away...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Taking up a seat? Seriously...

Good thing you walked away!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Thanks for the feedback. I thought maybe I was missing something, We had a great time at the other course she downloaded GPS on her i-phone and was rattling off the distance and how far my drives were and tending the pin :D

I guess when I take customers golfing again. It sure will not be their again. Lost for good.

I will be honest, I have had to pay $20 for my son to take a ride with me before. And there has also been a time when my wife would met me at the course and the Marshall has come to me and said that I needed to pay for her to be there. I explained this wasn't a movie theater and I would not be back just for a ride along. This mainly happens at courses that are run by the county.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I've brought ride-alongs (wife or mom) at Kapalua and Spyglass and didn't pay for either. IMHO, if two of the most scenic, beautiful courses in the world don't charge for a ride-along, la muni shouldn't either. Good for you for walking out.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Most courses around my area have a blanket policy of no one allowed on the course without their own bag. For me it's a pace of play issue, the more people on the course the slower the pace will be. Even someone not playing could cause slow play by simply being too chatty. I'm not saying your daughter would do this, but you can understand that there are people who would.

While I agree with you that I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just to play, I don't blame a course for having a blanket policy against or to discourage ride-alongs.

General question: is there a liability issue associated with ride-alongs?

In other words, someone who is actually playing golf can't hold the course liable for an errant ball that happens to hit him/her in the head (just one example). But if one's spouse or child - i.e., someone who is not playing golf at that course - is hit by a stray ball, or falls of the golf cart, etc., is the course then in any legal trouble?

It took me 3 hours to play 9 holes on Sunday, because there was a foursome using only 2 sets of clubs, so yeah... it's extremely slow and annoying. Not to mention they started fishing balls out of the pond, playing provisionals every hole, etc...

But I got nothing against ride-alongs. Sometimes it's nice to bring your mom, your non-golfer gf, your daughter to walk with you, have some fresh air, enjoy the nice view, etc.

Moecat, in our home course, every player (member or guest) is insured against accidents of all kinds (balls, clubs, carts, lions, etc). People without a golfing license (people who shouldn't be on the course) are not covered by this policy. In other words, they let you ride along, but they won't be responsible if anything happens.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Golfing license?

I'm pretty sure here in the US the courses' liability coverage has to cover anyone on the premises for whatever reason. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for a non-golfer to be in an area that could potentially be hit by a golf ball (which is basically 300 yards for anywhere someone might reasonably be expected to try to hit a golf ball).

Personally, I can kind of understand a ride along fee. The ride along is enjoying the use of the course's golf cart, for whatever reason. The golfer enjoys it because it makes the game easier and faster (supposedly). A ride along is either enjoying the company, the view, or whatever. They're still there doing nothing much different than what a golfer pays to do as far as the cart is concerned. Now paying to be a single, and then paying for a ride along is bunk imo!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

The course I work at would never charge for this. Absolutely ridiculous.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Tyk,

In Germany you need a golfing license before you can play on the course. So you have to take a few lessons with the local pro, then take a written exam regarding rules and etiquette and the final exam is playing 9 holes in which the best 6 holes count. Without this license, you don't get your ID with your handicap and several clubs require you to show this ID when paying for green fee.

We pay per cart, not per passengers, so 1 or 2 people would cost the same.

Am I wrong in my thinking or is this the norm?

Not from my experiences. I take my daughter out with me. She doesn't play, but may swing her little 7 iron occasionally, and I've never been charged for her taking up a seat.

Sounds like the course is trying to find income wherever it can get it. If you like the course, tell them you don't like their "policy". If they're willing to work with you (and everyone else, for that matter), go back. If not, tell them to shove it.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Since last week I took customers golfing Tuesday and Friday. Went to Scott Lake Country club in Grand Rapids.

Ea customer received one box of e-6 golf balls and a nice Nike golf shirt plus spirits.

I will not go back to the other golf course, and will not take a customer their again.

Because I was a single I kinda understood the first extra $5.00 for the empty seat. They did not have a issue with my daughter being a ride along. It was the extra $8.00 for taking the empty seat that I was already paying $5.00 for that I did not understand and did not agree with.

MiBoy, you did the right thing.

You can always politely voice your objection by taking your business elsewhere.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

that's tough, the course I play at says their insurance requires that every person on the course have paid or something like that, but usually the guys recognize me and will let my wife walk with me and not stress about it.

Archived