Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mizuno RB

MattF

All I can say right now is that when Mizuno releases their new RB and RB Tour X, you NEED to take a very hard look. They're a complete turnaround from the current ball, which, for want of being PC, is not good.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well I'm intrigued. I'd buy a Mizuno frying pan if they made them. Anything with Mizuno on it, sign me up! That said, their previous ball was.... not good for me.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Yeah, I got 5 dozen RB-X balls last year from a Mizuno sponsored member-guest tournament.  I didn't care for the ball at all and sold 4 dozen of them at a good price to the buyer.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

A couple of years ago I did a ball fitting and the Rb tour was the standout winner for me - really like them except they don’t have a high level of durability. I’ve been able to get them at times at a good price point which has helped. My stock is running low and they are getting scarce here in Canada so may need to look at the new offering. Really enjoyed them off driver and wedges/putter I have to say.

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sg419 said:

Still no "Shop Now" link for the RB Tour/TourX balls - yes for the non RB Tour/TourX 

https://mizunogolf.com/us/balls/

😞

And I have been playing these almost exclusively for the past month and am finding them easily the best ball I've used (except the old Tailor-made Tour Preferred balls - pre TP5 etc).

Soft on putter and wedges awesome on irons and generally 5-800 rpm less spin than Callaway Chromesofts on driver.

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

The balls are officially released 11/01/22, so next Tuesday.

Retail price I believe is $42.99.

The dimples are actually offset top to bottom. Meaning the bottom of the dimple is offset from the top, quite different than any other ball.

The RBX MAY suffer from wind like the old Snell MTB Red, from what I am hearing. The RB apparently plays like the CSX, which a lot of people are liking.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm a little different than most in that from a playability/performance perspective, the RB Tour worked very well for me.

While I lost maybe a hair distance compared to Z-Star and ProV1, performance wise, everything about the ball clicked for me. I recall their billing the RB Tour as best for those with a negative AoA. Not sure if I'd believe such a claim but fwiw, considering my slightly negative AoA, the ball is straighter than most for me off driver.

...but then there's the issue wrt durability. Deal breaker right there. Routine marks, scuffs, cuts, chips to the cover already warrants a failing grade. But so bad as to produce the old, what I believed to be extinct, smiley face?

Nope. But good impressions were certainly enough for me to eagerly give the new version a testing. I'm likely to grab a dozen as soon as they're released.