Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello! I was wondering if it is possible to have an unofficial reviews section added. I don't believe we'll need an official one for a long while, but an unofficial one would be nice. I know there isn't likely a way to do this, but it would be really cool if there was a way to select an option to create a post that is shared between the general unofficial review section and the women's unofficial review section. Basically, it appears in both, but is technically the same post, so commenting on one comments on the other? This would be useful when reviewing things that are not gender specific, such as rangefinders, but you want to continue building the review library that is generally aimed at non-men, written by non-men. It's obviously fine to just post it in both, but that can lead to one section of the comments having useful information that the other doesn't, and lower the overall traffic to the women's unofficial review section.

MsWalkrOfSky - 25.9 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 92 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood

                 Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW

Wedges:   :wilson_staff_small:     Di7 Gap Wedge

                 :benhogan-small:      Sure-Out 56*

                 :adams-small: Ovation 60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Vice Pro  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the question and suggestion MsWoS.  We can certainly add the unofficial review section.  Great idea.  

As far as a mirrored post, I'm not sure our forum supports that, but I will look into it.  In the meantime, you can absolutely add a hyperlink in the post on one thread that points to the thread/post in the other.  Of course, the ability to post or comment is limited to credentialed members in the Women's section, so keep that in mind where you post the source review, and if you want all members to comment or only the Women's section members.  

Tim

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2023 at 3:00 PM, MsWalkrOfSky said:

Hello! I was wondering if it is possible to have an unofficial reviews section added. I don't believe we'll need an official one for a long while, but an unofficial one would be nice. I know there isn't likely a way to do this, but it would be really cool if there was a way to select an option to create a post that is shared between the general unofficial review section and the women's unofficial review section. Basically, it appears in both, but is technically the same post, so commenting on one comments on the other? This would be useful when reviewing things that are not gender specific, such as rangefinders, but you want to continue building the review library that is generally aimed at non-men, written by non-men. It's obviously fine to just post it in both, but that can lead to one section of the comments having useful information that the other doesn't, and lower the overall traffic to the women's unofficial review section.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I would encourage the use of the main one (unofficial member reviews) vs adding a second one. As member reviews can be useful for all, regardless of gender. 

In this case it could also lead to some confusion as to which one to post in. Unfortunately the method of dual posting isn't possible 😞 unless it's done twice, which also isn't ideal. 

We will certainly discuss it further and try to find the best path forward for both the women's section and the forum. 

 

 

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thanks for the suggestion!

I would encourage the use of the main one (unofficial member reviews) vs adding a second one. As member reviews can be useful for all, regardless of gender. 

In this case it could also lead to some confusion as to which one to post in. Unfortunately the method of dual posting isn't possible 😞 unless it's done twice, which also isn't ideal. 

We will certainly discuss it further and try to find the best path forward for both the women's section and the forum. 

 

 

Jamie,

I support just having one 'unofficial test' ,but perhaps a work around is to just have a gender in the title, i.e. FJ Women's Gloves. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I've been thinking a lot about this after reading the comments. I definitely see the possibility of confusion. Part of my reasoning for wanting a women's only section is to make it easier for women to find reviews about the things they're more likely to care about. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:27 PM, Golfspy_TCB said:

In the meantime, you can absolutely add a hyperlink in the post on one thread that points to the thread/post in the other.

I read this, and thought of the following.

What if there was a small section, called Review Links. This captures both the unofficial and official reviews. There are no comments allowed on posts in this section of the forum. All review links should have a set title structure. This way, we get an archive of non-men reviews, but don't split discussion or cause confusion. It would just be a quick and easy way for women to find reviews about items that are of higher interest to them, such as reviews about skirts. This would build a nice archive to browse through over time. We could also decide if it is okay to link to other sites here, or if we want to just stick with the forum reviews only (I lean towards forum reviews only, but linking to things like Amazon reviews or such could be useful, so I don't want to discount it out of hand myself).

Titles could be: Reviewer, Item, Title of post. That way, anyone on the women's section of the forum could post the link to the review, which would allow us to go through the backlog of reviews done by woman to start building the archive.

MsWalkrOfSky - 25.9 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 92 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood

                 Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW

Wedges:   :wilson_staff_small:     Di7 Gap Wedge

                 :benhogan-small:      Sure-Out 56*

                 :adams-small: Ovation 60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Vice Pro  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MsWalkrOfSky said:

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I've been thinking a lot about this after reading the comments. I definitely see the possibility of confusion. Part of my reasoning for wanting a women's only section is to make it easier for women to find reviews about the things they're more likely to care about. 

I read this, and thought of the following.

What if there was a small section, called Review Links. This captures both the unofficial and official reviews. There are no comments allowed on posts in this section of the forum. All review links should have a set title structure. This way, we get an archive of non-men reviews, but don't split discussion or cause confusion. It would just be a quick and easy way for women to find reviews about items that are of higher interest to them, such as reviews about skirts. This would build a nice archive to browse through over time. We could also decide if it is okay to link to other sites here, or if we want to just stick with the forum reviews only (I lean towards forum reviews only, but linking to things like Amazon reviews or such could be useful, so I don't want to discount it out of hand myself).

Titles could be: Reviewer, Item, Title of post. That way, anyone on the women's section of the forum could post the link to the review, which would allow us to go through the backlog of reviews done by woman to start building the archive.

Thanks for the continued thought and understanding.  We have been discussing within the mod team and are considering some options.  We want to be sure that we keeping like threads together to enhance the engagement and comments, but as you mentioned we also want to provide easy access and good communication on items that are specific to the members of the WMGS section.   It may take a little time to think through all the options.   The section is evolving, so all suggestions are very welcomed.

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A little update for all those in the Women's section and well all of MGS Forum. 

We have been able to secure a Women's Only Member Test!

Unfortunately that is all the information I can provide at the moment as there are still dates and some other details to be sorted, however as promised we were going to make efforts to bring more to this part of the community and are very excited to work with this company to provide the first ever Women's Exclusive Member Test!

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 3:36 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

A little update for all those in the Women's section and well all of MGS Forum. 

We have been able to secure a Women's Only Member Test!

Unfortunately that is all the information I can provide at the moment as there are still dates and some other details to be sorted, however as promised we were going to make efforts to bring more to this part of the community and are very excited to work with this company to provide the first ever Women's Exclusive Member Test!

Excited to hear what will be tested!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...