Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What ball do you like to play?

This conversation is still going in a different thread.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 2 months later...

I like to play Callaway Warbirds from tee to the green, and have been using them most of this year. Then when I get on the green I finish out with a ProV1. I like the way those Callaway's hit/feel on most every shot except putting. I have and still do play most other Callaway balls, but the Warbirds are my go to right now. 
Using the ProV's on the green and only on the green is a safer bet for me seeing as I am probably about the same Handicap as well(not real sure, but I know I am no where near a scratch golfer.) So to avoid being to upset over losing balls all the time, I play a cheaper ball and putt with the expensive ones. 

Murphy, Derek

I like the Titleist tour speed and taylormade tour response. I am a high spin player so I find these balls do an excellent job of knocking down my spin but still spinning great greenside. 

WITB

Bridgestone tour balls, testing between the BX and BXS but its almost a draw

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

Used to play the Vice Pro balls.  I have a problem keeping full track of a white ball in the air so I really liked their color options.  Switched to the Z star divides white/yellow this year.  Chipped in for birdie my first round with them.  Really liked the performance and think I'll be sticking with them.  Tried the Maxfli Tours and didn't feel like they performed better than the Vice Pros, much less the Z stars.

Driver:  Ping 425 Max

FW:  2021 Adams Tight Lies 3W and 5W

Hybrid:  Cobra F9 Single Length 4h

Irons:  2021 Titleist T300 5-48

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52 and CBX Full Face2  56

Putter:  2011 Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Ball:  Srixon Z star divide

11 hours ago, feralhog said:

Used to play the Vice Pro balls.  I have a problem keeping full track of a white ball in the air so I really liked their color options.  Switched to the Z star divides white/yellow this year.  Chipped in for birdie my first round with them.  Really liked the performance and think I'll be sticking with them.  Tried the Maxfli Tours and didn't feel like they performed better than the Vice Pros, much less the Z stars.

I just switched to the Z Star bought dz other day went and played and had a Hole in one. I said then the Z Star is my ball! Switched from the diamond 

Edited by Shortknocker

Used to play ProV1x but recently lean to Wilson Staff and TaylorMade TP5 -- Way more control for me off the tee

:ping-small: G430 LST - Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 XS

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Hybrid 3 & 5 - LA Golf A Series 105 XS

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 5i-AW - :Nippon: 1150 GH XS

:ping-small: - ChipR

:cobra-small: - Black SnakeBite 53 & 57

:scotty-small: - Super Select Golo 6.5

:taylormade-small: TP5x Yellow / :titleist-small: Left Dash / :bridgestone-small:B X / :srixon-small: ZStar 🔹

:Ogio:  

:Arccos:

On 8/13/2023 at 9:31 AM, ythotte said:

I like the Callaway Chrome soft

Do you strictly play the Chrome Softs, or jus Callaway in general? 
I have been enjoying how the WarBirds have been treating me off the tee to the green. I really don't like the way the feel while putting. I play ProVs on the green but have a box of Superfasts (I think that is was they are called) that I am going to give a try this weekend. But was just looking for different opinions on types of Callaways

Murphy, Derek

I play Kirklands. The price helps me be less conscious of losing balls, which in turn helps me play a bit more confident and consistent. I also don't mind the spin and can still get more than enough distance off the tee when I'm hitting well. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.