Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope vs Arccos

BKervin

12 hours ago, BKervin said:

I have the SkyCaddie SX400 but there is bo data for tracking.  Do you have any trick to get data @Dean M?

I’ve been. Skycaddie guy for years and I go back to my LX5 skycaddie watch whenever playing serious golf I can’t be worried about pushing buttons after I make a putt when using the shot scope v3 I found that very annoying and if ya forget which I just couldn’t remember to do trying to fix it later was not easy.V3 was gift from my son in law and I use it when I’m not playing for anything and the skycaddie for the $ rounds. I agree with you

I use Arccos and have been using it for 2 years. It has been terrific. In a round, it has helped in club selection based on both historical yardages for specific clubs and current conditions on the course. Additionally, I use it much like a range finder to query distances to various positions on the course hole and visualize specific shots.

Off the course, I use the Arccos application to review my club distances and re-evaluate gapping of my clubs. Also, using the application, I review the course to familiarize myself to each hole and develop a plan to attack the course.

Current bag includes (LH): PXG 0211 driver, Taylormade M6 3W, Taylormade RBZ 5W, Sim2 3H, Sim2 4H, PXG 0211 5H, PXG 0211 6H, Taylormade MCGB irons (7, 8, 9, PW, AW, SW), TaylorMade ATV Lob Wedge, Ray Cook SilverRay Putter.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:48 AM, Dean M said:

Sure.  Here is the link to the video that shows how to do "shot tracking" on a SkyCaddy SX400 or SX550.   It actually works pretty well and is not that much trouble.  Frankly, I found it easier to use than making constant corrections to Arccos or Garmin sensors. 

SkyCaddy Shot Tracking

All in all I really like my SX400.   I just wish it had a Slope correction feature. 

Thank you so much! Never knew that was there.  I have my clubs in there already - should be an easy thing if I can remember to hit the mark your ball each time. 

B

Similar to the Shot Scope H4, i just discovered the Golf Pad app and sensors. I very much like the user interface and layout of the app. More intuitive to me than the Shot Scope and Arccos apps. It has far less data analysis than those, but seems to provide plenty of information for my needs. I just ordered the club sensors.

• Driver: Ping G410
  • Hybrids & Fairway Woods: Ping G410
  • Irons: TaylorMade Sim2 Max
  • Wedges: Cleveland Smart Sole
  • Putter: Toulon Design Daytona
  • Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response
  • GPS:  Golf Pad with NFC Sensors

15 hours ago, Dean M said:

Similar to the Shot Scope H4, i just discovered the Golf Pad app and sensors. I very much like the user interface and layout of the app. More intuitive to me than the Shot Scope and Arccos apps. It has far less data analysis than those, but seems to provide plenty of information for my needs. I just ordered the club sensors.

Do you still have to tap the sensor to your phone, or did they resurrect the belt worn device they once had and discontinued? When I tried Golf Pad, tapping the phone was the only option and the app would drop out of NFC mode constantly.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

Tracked my third round finally on Saturday w/ Arccos.  Tried again to use the link.  On first hole, was not tracking again.  So, threw my Pixel phone in pocket and it tracked the whole round almost perfectly.  Obviously, I had to add a shot for the drive off the first hole, instead of the 350 yard 9 iron, which is to be expected.  It is very good at tracking from your first putt so showing the distance.  May look to utilize/try a smart watch to track instead of the phone in pocket.  Arccos will work with apple and google watches as per the website.

Edited by RwsGolf1

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

16 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Do you still have to tap the sensor to your phone, or did they resurrect the belt worn device they once had and discontinued? When I tried Golf Pad, tapping the phone was the only option and the app would drop out of NFC mode constantly.

Well.  You don't have to use the NFC sensors, you can enter the data manually.  If you use the NFC sensors then yes you tap the club against your phone.  I am still waiting for my NFC sensors to arrive so I can't comment on how reliable the process is.

• Driver: Ping G410
  • Hybrids & Fairway Woods: Ping G410
  • Irons: TaylorMade Sim2 Max
  • Wedges: Cleveland Smart Sole
  • Putter: Toulon Design Daytona
  • Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response
  • GPS:  Golf Pad with NFC Sensors

• 1 month later...

I had SS V2 when it was new, then later that year won a set of tags for Arccos as part of the Cobra Connect Challenge (2nd, I believe?). Used Arccos for a while then decided to stick with it since the dashboard was quite a bit better than SS at the time. I am grand-fathered so don't have the yearly fee and I have had mostly great luck with Arccos. It has logged nearly 10,000 shots for me and I can probably count the number of missed shots on one hand. The only real issue I had was with the putter sensor. I suspect Arccos doesn't like soft-faced putters. They sent me a new sensor for free, but it only lasted a few months. I gave up and just log putts manually - I don't find it that big of a deal, especially once they added the feature that shows where you walked around the green - it makes ID'ing the pin and putt locations easier.. My biggest complaints about SS have been resolved (huge watch, terrible battery life, and dashboard needing improvement). Once my sensors die (and the ones @tony@CIC gave me when he gave up on Arccos), I will stop using Arccos - I hate subscription models. If I decide I still want shot tracking, I will definitely go back to SS.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 2 weeks later...

So, a few months back I switched to the ShotScope system (H4). I really like it and am going to stick with it over Arccos. First, if you get just he gps unit w/tracker, it is the same cost as just the annual subscription for Arccos, but of course it is a one time purchase, not a subscription based thing. Here are my takeaways:

Sensors: Definitely prefer the ShotScope. They are black and blend more with most grips (not green/black), they are much lower profile (I often found myself grabbing my arccos sensors when I had them on, had to remember to grip lower on the actual grip), and they don't die. I really like the last part, as I have had to go and buy replacement sensors from arccos when the clubs I use most at the range died quicker than the others, and then wouldn't record shots on the course. 

Tracking: Still prefer the ShotScope. At least now, when it doesn't record a shot, it is because I was dumb and forgot to tap it to the gps unit, not because it didn't do what it was supposed to. Even with my phone in my pocket (I had the Gen1 link and gave up on it quickly, complete garbage, missed at least half the shots and spent waaaaaaay too much time during the round adding them back in), it still occasionally misses shots (more time editing during the round) and was horrible at putts (always told me I 3 putted, no matter how many putts i took. Unless I actually 3 putted, then it said i only took 1 putt, again more time editing/fixing during the round). ShotScope also vibrates when you tap it, so you know that it has recorded, and you can also take a quick peek at the screen to verify.

GPS: This is pretty even. With arccos it uses the app, so it is on your device and obviously that is a much larger screen than the shotscope. But the shot scope gives you exactly what you need when taking the shot, without all the other stuff. With Arcoss to view you have to take your phone out of your pocket (unless you have link and have your phone readily available in/on your cart). Shotscope, the little gps handheld is tiny and is held to a clip by magnet, so just pull it off your belt, look, then place it back. The only issue i have had with shotscope is that it can sometimes take a while to acquire the GPS signal....i have remedied this by simply turning it on as soon as I get to the course, but if you forget it can be a tad frustrating. 

App/Editing: I think this one is kinda a draw as well. Arcoss is nice in that you have it going on your phone and can edit in round (but this can be bad as it can slow you down, or be more of a distraction instead of focusing on your next shot). The ability to edit in Arcoss is also easier than in ShotScopes App, which can at times be a little frustrating to deal with, until you are more acquainted with it. Also, you can not edit during the round, you have to wait until after. This is kinda good and kinda bad as you don't waste time during the round fiddling with it, but you do have to remember what club you used, how far out you were, and roughly where you were for the shot you are editing. Both give you TONs of stats about your rounds, average club distance, etc. Also, Arccos will act as a caddy for you, based on your stats, common misses, etc. and recommend a club for each shot. Shotscope does not do this. 

In the end, both provide very similar data, but with not having to rebuy sensors when they die, no subscription fees (arcoss was $90, then it was $120, now it is $155....how long till it's over $200??? This is what actually got me looking for other options) and missed shots that are my fault (as opposed to the technology missing the shot), ShotScope is definitely my choice. The H4 is a one time cost of around $150, that's it, no additional subscriptions, no having to rebuy sensors, etc.  

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

18 minutes ago, DechamBRO said:

So, a few months back I switched to the ShotScope system (H4). I really like it and am going to stick with it over Arccos. First, if you get just he gps unit w/tracker, it is the same cost as just the annual subscription for Arccos, but of course it is a one time purchase, not a subscription based thing. Here are my takeaways:

Sensors: Definitely prefer the ShotScope. They are black and blend more with most grips (not green/black), they are much lower profile (I often found myself grabbing my arccos sensors when I had them on, had to remember to grip lower on the actual grip), and they don't die. I really like the last part, as I have had to go and buy replacement sensors from arccos when the clubs I use most at the range died quicker than the others, and then wouldn't record shots on the course. 

Tracking: Still prefer the ShotScope. At least now, when it doesn't record a shot, it is because I was dumb and forgot to tap it to the gps unit, not because it didn't do what it was supposed to. Even with my phone in my pocket (I had the Gen1 link and gave up on it quickly, complete garbage, missed at least half the shots and spent waaaaaaay too much time during the round adding them back in), it still occasionally misses shots (more time editing during the round) and was horrible at putts (always told me I 3 putted, no matter how many putts i took. Unless I actually 3 putted, then it said i only took 1 putt, again more time editing/fixing during the round). ShotScope also vibrates when you tap it, so you know that it has recorded, and you can also take a quick peek at the screen to verify.

GPS: This is pretty even. With arccos it uses the app, so it is on your device and obviously that is a much larger screen than the shotscope. But the shot scope gives you exactly what you need when taking the shot, without all the other stuff. With Arcoss to view you have to take your phone out of your pocket (unless you have link and have your phone readily available in/on your cart). Shotscope, the little gps handheld is tiny and is held to a clip by magnet, so just pull it off your belt, look, then place it back. The only issue i have had with shotscope is that it can sometimes take a while to acquire the GPS signal....i have remedied this by simply turning it on as soon as I get to the course, but if you forget it can be a tad frustrating. 

App/Editing: I think this one is kinda a draw as well. Arcoss is nice in that you have it going on your phone and can edit in round (but this can be bad as it can slow you down, or be more of a distraction instead of focusing on your next shot). The ability to edit in Arcoss is also easier than in ShotScopes App, which can at times be a little frustrating to deal with, until you are more acquainted with it. Also, you can not edit during the round, you have to wait until after. This is kinda good and kinda bad as you don't waste time during the round fiddling with it, but you do have to remember what club you used, how far out you were, and roughly where you were for the shot you are editing. Both give you TONs of stats about your rounds, average club distance, etc. Also, Arccos will act as a caddy for you, based on your stats, common misses, etc. and recommend a club for each shot. Shotscope does not do this. 

In the end, both provide very similar data, but with not having to rebuy sensors when they die, no subscription fees (arcoss was $90, then it was $120, now it is $155....how long till it's over $200??? This is what actually got me looking for other options) and missed shots that are my fault (as opposed to the technology missing the shot), ShotScope is definitely my choice. The H4 is a one time cost of around $150, that's it, no additional subscriptions, no having to rebuy sensors, etc.  

Great comparison between the 2. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks for the additional information.  As I have no personal experience with shotscope, it is great to see others’ opinions and actual comps.  I am still using the Arccos system.  I heard others say that they had an overused sensor quit as well.  I grabbed the opportunity to get another $7.95 set of new sensors through Taylormade.  

I also continue to have issues but, have learned how to edit them.  I typically wait until after the round to do so.

My issues w/ Arccos:

-Belt link- gave up on it as well.  Actually Arccos sent me a second one but, same results.

- I dont get missed shots, but too many at times…for instance, when you carry more than club to the location of your ball, it sometimes will record a shot with each club.

- Putting is somewhat suspect - yes, 3 putts are common especially when you do not putt out the 6 inchers 

- consistently have issues with the recording of 3wood vs. 3Hybrid.  Have no idea why it will record one when I swung the other (Same thing happens with driver as well once in a while)

- At times on a given hole, I will see a 225 yd. Driver and a 190 yard 9 iron.  At least it can be edited with a quick sliding of the shot icon.

I hope more will continue to comment on their uses of the options in this area.

FYI:  I almost always get an email from Arccos after completion of a round to rate its effectiveness.  It comes too early prior to my edits….I always give a 3 out 5.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

My wife and I have used Arccos for the past year.  She got hers first and I loved it so I bought it this Spring 2023.  She has an Apple iPhone and Apple Watch.  I have a Samsung phone, Samsung Watch, and the Link.  Both setups do well tracking/capturing shots, suggesting clubs to use, etc.  I also really like the 'plays like' distances.  I do check my score on my phone after each hole to check for any extra hits, confirm # of putts and/or add penalties.  Sometimes if you toss a club down or if the clubs clang together perhaps, Arccos hears that as an extra stroke but it takes one second to edit/delete.  Overall, it does a good job. 

In my opinion, the Apple version is better than the Android version for one main reason.  With the Apple setup, Arccos gives you distances from the watch whereas on the Samsung/android, the GPS distances are from the phone.  We have played a LOT of cart path golf this summer and I got the Link so I could leave my phone in the cart (and it records shots better).  However, when the cart is not nearby, this is a problem as my watch still displays the distance based on the phone in the cart, not from the GPS on my watch (yes, my watch has GPS).  In contrast, my wife's Apple watch seems to display the distance on her watch from where she is, not from the phone.  Accordingly, if you have an Apple setup, by all means, get it and try it as it works great!  If you have an Android/Samsung, I'd consider the other options.

I have both systems, although I haven’t used shot scopes new phone app. The Arccos system is much easier to use because you don’t have to remember to touch the sensor on each shot. The fact that the app just records your shot automatically is much easier. I found that with shot scope I was having to recreate most of the round to make sure I recorded all shots. And then if you post rounds for handicap Arccos being connected to the Ghinn app makes posting seamless.

6 minutes ago, JoeBfromNC said:

My wife and I have used Arccos for the past year.  She got hers first and I loved it so I bought it this Spring 2023.  She has an Apple iPhone and Apple Watch.  I have a Samsung phone, Samsung Watch, and the Link.  Both setups do well tracking/capturing shots, suggesting clubs to use, etc.  I also really like the 'plays like' distances.  I do check my score on my phone after each hole to check for any extra hits, confirm # of putts and/or add penalties.  Sometimes if you toss a club down or if the clubs clang together perhaps, Arccos hears that as an extra stroke but it takes one second to edit/delete.  Overall, it does a good job. 

In my opinion, the Apple version is better than the Android version for one main reason.  With the Apple setup, Arccos gives you distances from the watch whereas on the Samsung/android, the GPS distances are from the phone.  We have played a LOT of cart path golf this summer and I got the Link so I could leave my phone in the cart (and it records shots better).  However, when the cart is not nearby, this is a problem as my watch still displays the distance based on the phone in the cart, not from the GPS on my watch (yes, my watch has GPS).  In contrast, my wife's Apple watch seems to display the distance on her watch from where she is, not from the phone.  Accordingly, if you have an Apple setup, by all means, get it and try it as it works great!  If you have an Android/Samsung, I'd consider the other options.

When i started using Arcoss I had an andriod device, and for sure it is much more stable on Apple. I, and others, never had luck with the link, the ShotScope is completely seperate from your phone, it doesn't need to connect until after your round to transfer your round to the phone/app. So no more phone in my pocket, which is nice. 

3 minutes ago, DechamBRO said:

When i started using Arcoss I had an andriod device, and for sure it is much more stable on Apple. I, and others, never had luck with the link, the ShotScope is completely seperate from your phone, it doesn't need to connect until after your round to transfer your round to the phone/app. So no more phone in my pocket, which is nice. 

FYI, this is the response I got from Arccos support:

The Link has its own built-in GPS so this will record all of your shots properly in the correct location. You can absolutely use the Watch as well for GPS range finder functions, but the Watch will be using the location of the phone. We have not yet figured out how to connect the Watch to the Link through the Bluetooth connection. It is something we hope to figure out, but for the time being, this would be the setup.

2 minutes ago, Jzavagno said:

I have both systems, although I haven’t used shot scopes new phone app. The Arccos system is much easier to use because you don’t have to remember to touch the sensor on each shot. The fact that the app just records your shot automatically is much easier. I found that with shot scope I was having to recreate most of the round to make sure I recorded all shots. And then if you post rounds for handicap Arccos being connected to the Ghinn app makes posting seamless.

that is a good point. ShotScope definitely took a bit for tapping the sensor to become habit. I would still have Arccos missing shots for some reasons (typcially in the rough or sand, when the shot isn't as audible. Also, sometimes I like to hit extra shots while working on my game, so I like that ShotScope doesn't automatically track my shots. I can play 2 balls and track only my "real" one for my score.....or sometimes i get frustrated so on a tee box i might hit a garbage ball i found in teh woods into the lake to see what I am doing wrong....no need to go back in and delete that shot since shotscope won't track it unless I tap it. 

With either of the Shot Scope watch options, V3 or X5, there is no tapping of a sensor on a device or a phone. As long as the tag is within 10 cm of the watch band, it will be recognized. To avoid marking practice swings as shots, there is an algorithm that says a shot must go 5 yards or more, and two shots with the same club within 45 seconds will have one of them discarded.

Missed shots generally fall into a few categories, a duffed shot, such as leaving one in the bunker and thus not traveling far enough, choking down on a club around the green such that the tag is too far from the watch band to be recognized, or, in the Auto putting mode, not counting the putter when used from off the green, and only recording the number of putts taken ON the green. Using a putter from off the green is included in one's short game stats, not putting stats, The system can tell the difference.

About the only editing I do is generally due to inherent GPS inaccuracies, such as when the ball is just on or off the fairway or green.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I tried Arccos & love the idea of all that data to focus my practice & sense trends in my play -distance, misses, etc.

the actual process was a huge pain in the butt. If you’re reasonably self aware you already know 90+ % of what these systems will tell you. A gps watch is all I need with a little extra range time.

The sound of a long drive is so much cooler when your playing partner says “Wow”

4 hours ago, DechamBRO said:

4 hours ago, DechamBRO said:

that is a good point. ShotScope definitely took a bit for tapping the sensor to become habit. I would still have Arccos missing shots for some reasons (typcially in the rough or sand, when the shot isn't as audible. Also, sometimes I like to hit extra shots while working on my game, so I like that ShotScope doesn't automatically track my shots. I can play 2 balls and track only my "real" one for my score.....or sometimes i get frustrated so on a tee box i might hit a garbage ball i found in teh woods into the lake to see what I am doing wrong....no need to go back in and delete that shot since shotscope won't track it unless I tap it. 

The tapping was Game Golf, not ShotScope, right? A few years ago I had a ShotScope v2, which was a big bulky watch to track the shots. Game Golf had the belt sensor that you had to tap, until they released Game Golf Pro, which totally flopped (I tried it, it was awful, to the point of only catching like 3 shots/side - put up a fight and got my money back). 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

I started using my apple and had issues with link.  I then moved my office number to an additional phone and they send me an android.  I only use the android for golf and making calls if apple is low on charge.

With the comments here, I may try to use my apple again.  Still have doubts if I can ever get the link to work.  Wasted several rounds w/ no data, on the android phone I got the message “NO GPS”.  If anyone has any ideas here, I would appreciate.

Going to Amazon after I post this to buy the new shotscope x5. I can’t tell y’all how glad I am to have found MGS and can get regular people’s opinions/experiences on products I’m interested in vs what seems like paid sponsorship reviews online!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

My new shot scope x5 will be here in the morning! Definitely excited to try it out if you can’t tell.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

1 hour ago, Coulter said:

My new shot scope x5 will be here in the morning! Definitely excited to try it out if you can’t tell.

Awesome! Let us know how you like it! Like I said, for shot tracking it may take a while to get used to tapping it, but even if you forget it is a very handy little gps unit. Oh wait, you got the x5, so that’s the watch. Very interested to hear that! My Fitbit died and might replace it with this!!!

On 8/4/2023 at 2:37 PM, RwsGolf1 said:

I started using my apple and had issues with link.  I then moved my office number to an additional phone and they send me an android.  I only use the android for golf and making calls if apple is low on charge.

With the comments here, I may try to use my apple again.  Still have doubts if I can ever get the link to work.  Wasted several rounds w/ no data, on the android phone I got the message “NO GPS”.  If anyone has any ideas here, I would appreciate.

Sadly when I switched to Apple I had no improvement with the link system (gen 1). I hope you have better success. My iPhone did work much better than my android for shot tracking without the link though.

My Arccos sensors are due to arrive today.  I am looking forward to stop complaining about Shot Scope, and start complaining about Arccos.......

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

On 8/5/2023 at 4:01 PM, Coulter said:

Going to Amazon after I post this to buy the new shotscope x5. I can’t tell y’all how glad I am to have found MGS and can get regular people’s opinions/experiences on products I’m interested in vs what seems like paid sponsorship reviews online!

Here's a link to our user group

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 8/5/2023 at 5:29 PM, DechamBRO said:

Awesome! Let us know how you like it! Like I said, for shot tracking it may take a while to get used to tapping it, but even if you forget it is a very handy little gps unit. Oh wait, you got the x5, so that’s the watch. Very interested to hear that! My Fitbit died and might replace it with this!!!

You only have to tap with the H4 which is not a watch. The V3 or X5 watches don't require tapping - they sense the club in your hand. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

15 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

You only have to tap with the H4 which is not a watch. The V3 or X5 watches don't require tapping - they sense the club in your hand. 

That is what I read about the watch. Do you have it? Do you like it?

18 minutes ago, DechamBRO said:

That is what I read about the watch. Do you have it? Do you like it?

As a former ARRCOS user and a subscription hater, I love the SS product and the support. Both my wife and I had V3's and then switched to the X5 when SS offered a special deal to SS users. The X5 intro was a bit bungled but the recent X5 firmware updates have eliminated the bugs. The V3 which you can probably find heavily discounted now is very stable and easy to use. Initially I thought I'd have a problem wearing the SS watch since I do sweat a lot in hot/humid weather but now I never notice it. Being able to quickly glance at the watch for FMB pin positions is also a great feature. Easy to use, easy to download to a phone app after play, very little if any editing  and pretty good stats on both the phone app and the pc dashboard. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart