Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Good club fitting experience?

17 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

So they’ll work with CC but not TrueSpec? Well I suppose that’s their decision 

Nothing wrong with that. It’s about business and what works for both parties. There are brands that have product lines just for CC. Oban shafts is one of them.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

I have real long arms, 36 1/2 inch sleeve, so using the Ping color chart I need a flat lie, at least 1 if not 2 degrees.  (Hands closer to the ground will make the toe point up into the air and make the heel dig in).  But.  My fitter, Dan at Carlsbad Golf Center (Golfmart) had me hit on the lie marker board, and lo and behld, my actual impact is close to neutral. 

Setup and impact are two completely different things.  This is why static fittings aren't great.  At impact players generally raise their hands higher than at address and the shaft will deflect down both of which drop the toe. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, callen91 said:

I didn't have a great experience at CC. My fitter hadn't ever seen a swing speed as high as I have, and wasn't sure what shaft to try for me. His boss saw what he was having me swing and told him they were wrong for me, so he gave me other ones. Then the price...so high. I paid the fitting fee, and moved on.

Couple weeks later I went to a local fitter, Barton Creek Fitting Studio here in Austin and wow, what an experience. Outdoor on the range with a trackman, and he had every head and shaft you can imagine. I got some irons I feel like I can never miss with they're so perfect for me.

Did you go see Bobby Dean out there?  He's the man! 

I have oddly heard some bad reviews from multiple people from that Austin/Barton C.C... Their locations seem to be hit or miss - I have only been in one in Dallas and wasn't impressed but this was years ago. 

Jonas

Did you go see Bobby Dean out there?  He's the man! 

I have oddly heard some bad reviews from multiple people from that Austin/Barton C.C... Their locations seem to be hit or miss - I have only been in one in Dallas and wasn't impressed but this was years ago. 
Yep, Bobby is awesome! Absolute top notch fitter.

Yeah I was not impressed with CC. I guess for people who just want the latest, greatest equipment for the most possible money, sure they're fine. But they didn't seem to do a great job getting me the best clubs for me.

Bobby got me in some T100s with Project X 7.0 shafts and I could not be happier. I'll be going back to him for a driver fitting before long.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Mizuno ST200 driver, SUB70 3 wood, Titleist T100 irons, Cleveland RTX wedges, and Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven putter

2 minutes ago, callen91 said:

Yep, Bobby is awesome! Absolute top notch fitter.

Yeah I was not impressed with CC. I guess for people who just want the latest, greatest equipment for the most possible money, sure they're fine. But they didn't seem to do a great job getting me the best clubs for me.

Bobby got me in some T100s with Project X 7.0 shafts and I could not be happier. I'll be going back to him for a driver fitting before long.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you're a PX 7.0 (Rory flex) - Bobby is your guy, he has all of the super speed shafts that CC wouldn't know how to handle.  I have seen multiple college players / Korn Ferry guys work with him too, he's a really good, honest guy.  He fit me for a driver a few years back (TS3), and just now upgraded to the TSR3 because I wanted a new toy - just put the old shaft back in it he fit me for. 🙂 

If you're reading this and in Texas - Go play Omni Barton Springs in Austin and see Bobby Dean, make a weekend of it. 💪

Jonas

Must have been about six years or two sets of clubs ago that I went to Club Champion for a driver fitting.  I took the specs for the recommended club and had my local club pro build me a driver.

I recently went back for a full bag fitting and found I only needed to upgrade eight clubs.  They could not come up with a driver that beat my present one for distance and distribution. 

I’m still playing the same club.  And I am actually hitting it further today than when I first tried it.

:callaway-small:Driver, Callaway, 13.5 degrees, Bassara Lite shaft

Fairway Wood - Callaway Great Big Bertha 5 Wood Shaft Accra FX Gen 3 -  Pured

Hybrid - Mizuno JPX-923 Fli Hi Hybrids, Shaft Accra FX Gen 3 - Pured

Irons - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal HL Irons, Shaft KBS Tour - 60g, Pured

Putter - Odysey, Two Ball, Center Hosel, Mallet

Ball - MaxFli Tour X

Bag - Vessel, U.S. Coast Guard design for the Veteran Golf Asoc.

Cart - Sun Mountain

Over the last five years, I've had four fittings all for various reasons.  I didn't count the one I had in Orlando the day after I got hurt on a Disney ride and could barely swing a club.  All four were at fitting chains mentioned above.   Overall, I left each experience feeling less satisfied than I expected.  However, I learned something about my swing and preferences that was valuable.   Even though I was pushed into buying a new $400 putter in my putter fitting, I learned from the data collected why I always tended to migrate to a mallet type of putter.  In my full bag fitting where the fitter tried his heart out to replace at least one of my clubs (and couldn't), I learned (again with data) that even with my slow swing speed I'm very efficient in hitting the ball (high smash factors).  

So even though the overall fitting experience left a little to be desired, I always learned something that gave me some insight into my golf game.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4