Fitness Goals: Helping Each Other Reach Our Goals

Been a busy week! Classes are in full swing, and my kids have had something every night this week. I am still only about 95% recovered from whatever illness I had last week; sleep has been suffering and as a result, I haven't been waking up at my 405 alarm time, but somehow turning it off in my sleep and waking up unassisted promptly at 530 instead, which is the normal time that I hit the gym. So my morning routine has been all messed up. Monday I didn't even make it in to the gym, but I did get to sit around in my sweats all day at work as it was kinda the last day of feeling not well enough to do anything. 

I've modified my splits as follows:

Monday - Push Pull Day 1 - Heavy (6-8 sets x 4-5 reps @ higher weight)

Tuesday - Legs Day 1 - Heavy (6-8 sets x 4-5 reps @ higher weight)

Wednesday - Off / Run

Thursday - Push Pull Day 2 - Light (3-6 sets x 8-12 reps @ lower weight)

Friday - Legs Day 2 Light (3-6 sets x 8-12 reps @ lower weight)

Saturday / Sunday - Yoga, Run, Eat, Drink, Recover

Tuesday - Push Pull 1 Heave - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/16997918283

Still tracking, but not as religiously as before. I miss some days. I've tracked probably 4-5 days out of the week for the last month. 

Yesterday's In: 1,569

Yesterdays Out: 3,383

Today's Weight: 179.5 - been floating around this number for the last week or two. Still working to track down to that magic 173 number. Still working to hit 145-180g of protein each day. 

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

I feel like I can finally workout more than 2-3 days a week now. Problem is my body is so far out of shape I am truly at the beginning of workouts. 

I had PT yesterday and we did a lot of leg (quad) work. Sled pull, Body squat with a twist while picking up an 8lb med ball, then 10 lunges each leg for 3 sets. 

On top of that I worked a JV football game. End of the 1st qtr was 27-0 and both teams ran a hurry up offense. I was smoked after the 1st qtr to say the least. The head ref (white hat) is 72 years old and made me look slow. I have worked with him before and he never had to spot a ball for me. I am positive he spotted the ball 60% of the time.

Final score was 60-0 but the loosing team kept their heads up and fought the whole game. 

I have a varsity game tonight and I am extremely worried as the white I am working with tonight is one of our lazier officials. 

I have some recovery to do and a lot of work to do. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Got in 6 miles yesterday with some Zone 2 speed work over the course of 2 miles. 1 mile warm up, 8 minutes running about a 9 minute pace, followed by a 4 minute jog, then picking up speed for another 8 minutes and an easy 3 miles to finish.

Screenshot_20240913_092725_Connect.jpg.c9aed7c9468886b74ceb565d8694ed92.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

1. LiiFT4 day1 week1, then 1 1/2 mile jog on treadmill

2. walk double stroller

ill be doing a practice session with my MLM2pro later today.  I’m finding out that I generally burn 200-500 calories hitting golf balls into a net with speed training some days 

IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

IMG_4236.jpeg

🙃

Looking for a compact fitness tracker and like the Garmin Vivosmart 5. Any feedback on it? Is there a subscription involved? Any better alternatives? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Looking for a compact fitness tracker and like the Garmin Vivosmart 5. Any feedback on it? Is there a subscription involved? Any better alternatives? 

No subscriptions for the fitness components. I used to have a Vivo and it was good. Battery life is pretty good, the only thing that really kills it is going on long runs. The Garmin Connect app on your phone is free and gives you great insights. I still have access to the 20% off coupons on any fitness watch through Garmin, so before you buy let me know and I'll get it to you! They are good for 24 hours once they are pulled.

I played on Friday with a guy and his $600 range finder; my Fenix 7 GPS was good on 17 of 18 holes to within 1 yard of what he was shooting with it. The only exception was the hole that they redid last year that hasn't been updated in Garmin Golf yet. The golf component requires a subscription, which is $120 / year. Otherwise the Vivosmart is a great fitness tracker; it has all the health tracking metrics that my Fenix has. 

Edited by taylorjonasher

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

8 hours ago, taylorjonasher said:

No subscriptions for the fitness components. I used to have a Vivo and it was good. Battery life is pretty good, the only thing that really kills it is going on long runs. The Garmin Connect app on your phone is free and gives you great insights. I still have access to the 20% off coupons on any fitness watch through Garmin, so before you buy let me know and I'll get it to you! They are good for 24 hours once they are pulled.

I played on Friday with a guy and his $600 range finder; my Fenix 7 GPS was good on 17 of 18 holes to within 1 yard of what he was shooting with it. The only exception was the hole that they redid last year that hasn't been updated in Garmin Golf yet. The golf component requires a subscription, which is $120 / year. Otherwise the Vivosmart is a great fitness tracker; it has all the health tracking metrics that my Fenix has. 

Thx I'd love the coupon, send via DM 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

23 hours ago, taylorjonasher said:

Just to clarify something... The majority of the golf features are free. This page has the list- https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/850633/pn/010-13322-SU

The subscription is currently $100/year. It provides you with: Green Contours, Home Tee Hero virtual rounds, and the ability to Store video clips of shots.

Personally, I go with the free stuff. 🙂

AND!!!! Garmin's annual sale just started. Plenty of good deals out there right now.

Edited by VernL4

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

On 9/16/2024 at 7:07 AM, tony@CIC said:

My wife had a vivosmart (I don't remember the exact model) for several years and then gave it to her mom. It's still going... She liked that it would display text messages from her phone, weather, and her favorite feature is "find my phone". It's got a few basic activity features. It does NOT track golf. It does have quite a few of Garmin's health and wellness features, though.

The cheapest Garmin with golf tracking is the Approach S12- https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/721216 . Golf is pretty much the only thing that watch does, though.

The vivoactive has many more features than the Approach. 11 days of battery life per charge. Lots of activity profiles. AMOLED screen. It's not the top-of-the-line, but it's a good way to be introduced to the Garmin ecosystem.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6649654/garmin-vvoactive-5-silicone-band-smartwatch.jsp?color=Black&prdPV=1&isClearance=false

I always get my stuff from Kohls.com . Their prices are the same as what you see at Garmin's website. They often have deals that include Kohl's cash. When I got my Fenix 7 I got around $200 in Kohl's cash. I used that to buy some clothes and shoes.  

Edited by VernL4

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

58 minutes ago, VernL4 said:

My wife had a vivosmart (I don't remember the exact model) for several years and then gave it to her mom. It's still going... She liked that it would display text messages from her phone, weather, and her favorite feature is "find my phone". It's got a few basic activity features. It does NOT track golf. It does have quite a few of Garmin's health and wellness features, though.

The cheapest Garmin with golf tracking is the Approach S12- https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/721216 . Golf is pretty much the only thing that watch does, though.

The vivoactive has many more features than the Approach. 11 days of battery life per charge. Lots of activity profiles. AMOLED screen. It's not the top-of-the-line, but it's a good way to be introduced to the Garmin ecosystem.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6649654/garmin-vvoactive-5-silicone-band-smartwatch.jsp?color=Black&prdPV=1&isClearance=false

I always get my stuff from Kohls.com . Their prices are the same as what you see at Garmin's website. They often have deals that include Kohl's cash. When I got my Fenix 7 I got around $200 in Kohl's cash. I used that to buy some clothes and shoes.  

Thanks - great info. I only want to use the Garmin for fitness rather than a fitness/golf combo. I currently use Shotscope X5 for golf and love that device. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Legs Day 2 - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/17075482028

Weight - 181.0. 

Smoked myself today with legs. My superset with weighted GHD situps, medicine-ball pull downs and body weight squats had me drenched in 8 minutes.

173 seems like stretch at this point as I've hit a plateau for about the last 4 weeks. I've been pretty good, but not perfect on my nutrition and maintaining a deficit. The days I don't track are not 3,000 - 4,000 surplus days, so I'd think that I should still be losing weight; I must just be building mass. I need to take a look at my nutrition and see if I can make some tweaks to cut further. Body fat is probably around 13% right now, but still trying to dip down to 10. We'll keep at it and see what happens!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Hey guys haven't checked in for a while .. hope y'all r doin great!!

Just stating "out loud" I'm gonna work out more, and more regularly, in prep for a hip replacement surgery in a month. Want to build up some strength and stamina; also work on balance and the small motor muscles.

No specific goals, just get stronger!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

I generally eat fairly healthy and have been making protein shakes more often - help maintain the muscle in trying to build up. 

Today was some light stretchy band exercises and some of the old PT hip exercises really; them some Orange Whip swings while trying to stay upright on two balance disks and then in the afternoon aerated the front yard with a manual push tool that has several wheels with big tines and a 10lb weight so it's a good leg (and while body) workout.

Putter...

followthrough.jpg

I haven't been keeping up with posting on this thread. I am now in a Tonal program called "Muscle Mountain" and it's one of the most intense workouts I've ever done. They are 35-50 minutes of GO! One workout I lifted 20k Tonal pounds. Which is the most I've done in a single workout on the Tonal by about 5k pounds. I still have one week left of the program, so we'll see how it ends.

It's been nice working out in the mornings and I haven't found myself too tired throughout the rest of the day. I do find that I am sore if I do golf, so it either takes me several holes to loosen up, or I need to do a lot of stretching/range time before the round (which I almost never do 🤷‍♂️).

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Good friend (who's also a golfer and a chiropractor) came over sad showed me several leg and hip strengthening and mobility exercises to work on. And how to keep proper form while doing them! 

Then 30 mins on the air resistance bike followed by a few more squats and calf raises (body weight only).

Putter...

followthrough.jpg

A few "back" lunges (the way my friend, a chiropractor showed me to protect the old knees), a few wall squats and a few (short, just the first step on a staircase) box jumps. Then 30 mins elliptical.

Putter...

followthrough.jpg

Had an abysmal week last week working out. Super busy at work and with classes, so I took the week off and also used the time to crush beers and eat like an unhinged maniac. I felt like a dead animal swelling in the sun all weekend; it was really nice to get back into the gym this morning and back back after it!

Push Pull Heavy - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/17166955518

Weight - 182.5

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Light day today - after the typical a.m. routine of back roller, a few basic yoga moves, a few situps and pushups then added some hip exercises. Then ingested some protein. 

Putter...

followthrough.jpg