Arthritis: Best grips (brand, model and size)

I'm 65 and I have arthritis in 4 different places in my right hand and wrist.  As some of you know, arthritis is not curable.  I am in physical therapy (and had a cortisone shot) to strengthen my hand and wrist, but I am going to have to learn to live -- and play golf -- with it for the rest of my life.  Grasping and twisting small things, like golf clubs, is more difficult and painful now.  Also, since I have a tendency to hit behind the ball, the vibration is shockingly painful.  Hitting the ground IS going to happen again. I talked with my PT guy (who is a golfer) and the issue of grip size came up.  While I use a Standard grip now, a Jumbo grip has way more shock-absorbing rubber.  However, he said there could be "other issues" to other parts of my body by going straight to a Jumbo size grip.  We will have to make a decision about grips in about a month when I can start swinging a club again.  Therefore, if you have dealt with this issue before, are playing with arthritis, or have changed to a specific grip because of a problem like this, please let me know.

Best to talk to your Dr. I have a messed up left hand. I use a midsize grip to help.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I installed JumboMax Ultralight JMX XS Blackouts on all my clubs this week because arthritis in my left hand. I also have an S that I can put on my driver if needed. Unfortunately, because of the rain, I’ve not played with them yet but did practice with them, and I’m loving them so far. 

I’ve increased my clubhead speed because the weak fingers on the left hand forced me to swing easy so that I didn’t pull my hand off the club.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

There are arthritis specific grips you can get. I'll try and find them and link them, but they are not super thick like jumbo, but offer a softer cushion and a different texture that helps as well.

Outside of that a softer rubber mid size grip would be good. I would avoid corded or firmer feeling grips ... Example try to not use extra wraps as that will trigger stretching the rubber making it thinner and firmer.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are arthritis specific grips you can get. I'll try and find them and link them, but they are not super thick like jumbo, but offer a softer cushion and a different texture that helps as well.

Thank you.  Providing the link would be much appreciated 🙂