Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Simulator bay rentals, what do you pay?

Rob Person

I've seen alot of posts about people going to Sims for practice,  league nights, testing for data, and so on.

What Do you pay each session?

Did you join a membership program or rewards based program?

Is the cost comparable or cheaper than a course for you?

Has it been beneficial or had any positive impact to your game?

We had the only sim business in our area 6 months ago. They offer league nights, virtual tournaments, etc (all requre a buy in fee) they also have a membership program at $800 per year, that allows a discounted $25 bay rental charge.

Screenshot_20240314_203307_Chrome.jpg.bc27a8ee7a1801120919eae928ed09f9.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_204410_Facebook.jpg.45954875ac348834042da6d561e30f09.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_205138_Chrome.jpg.7557f144c9c77accc31bc6fa17a11954.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

It varies. The going rate around here is $40-$50 an hour. There are a few establishments that specialize in this. It is also available at most Golf Galaxy locations and PGA Super Stores. A cheaper option is driving ranges that have trackman range or top tracer range. The Southwest Golf Ranch, down the road from the house, has bays with Top Tracer Range, the cost is factored into the buckets of balls. So a jumbo (105 balls) goes for $16

The option I use most often is the SIM feature on the MLM2Pro in combination with a net

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

As mentioned above, GG and PGASS offer sim rentals.   There is a restaurant near me that rents room$30-$50 an hour.   Top Golf is $30-$60 an hour depending on day and time.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Posted (edited)

We have 2 top tracer ranges on the opposite sides of the city. I've read some controversy on them being accurate though.  I have used them to gather distance data for my clubs, but the ones here don't have the ability to measure anything else.

We have a dicks sporting goods, but they always seem to have issues with their demo/ fitting simulator.  Plus, I think they've restricted it from public use now without an appointment. Academy sports removed their sim awhile ago. 

Edited by Rob Person
Grammatical errors

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

I pay for a year-long membership to a practice facility with 3 trackman bays, and a PuttView green. It’s $1k for the entire year. 

This place is closer than any range, and without any grass ranges nearby it made sense for me. The hours are also great 6am - midnight, so it’s almost always available.

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

If you go to the bar/simulator it's usually $30/hr.

At Precision Golf where I have been going to, I usually get the package of two hours to use whenever for $90. A membership there is the best deal but I'm still not sold on golfing indoors yet and I definitely don't see a 3 month commitment to it. Feeling boxed in is weird to me when I am trying to hit a thing near 200 yards. 

But now that the range nearby has a trackman, it's $5 for members plus our free daily bucket. So, shoot can't beat the deal.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

PGATSS is 15. for 1/2 hour. A couple of years back, I used a Golfzon sim which was $30/hr for the driving range feature. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks for the replies so far. They seemed a bit high in their prices here from what I've seen. They are gaining traction though. They used to offer 9am to 12 pm discounts of $45 per hour. Maximum 6 people. They've eliminated that amd went membership route instead.

Good side is that if 4 of us went, it is the same price per hour for the bay, not per person. But then you are pushing 2 hours for a full round.

They also have a bar/food on site too.

How long does it take for you to go full 18 on a sim?

22 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks for the replies so far. They seemed a bit high in their prices here from what I've seen. They are gaining traction though. They used to offer 9am to 12 pm discounts of $45 per hour. Maximum 6 people. They've eliminated that amd went membership route instead.

Good side is that if 4 of us went, it is the same price per hour for the bay, not per person. But then you are pushing 2 hours for a full round.

They also have a bar/food on site too.

How long does it take for you to go full 18 on a sim?

Depends Rob on how many in your group and whether we are doing more drinking than golfing?? Which is easy to do!!! I always figure 4 guys talking their time is 2.5 hrs but we have had nights at my shop it took five hours?? I was spending alot at the SIM as were my buddies 60 bucks an hour plus bar price drinks and then the driving part is no good so I said F it and put a GC HAWK setup in my shop which is a giant pole barnaminium with a chipping/putting green and indoor pistol range and we have a 700 meter rifle range out back so now we drink and play there and nobody has to drive home or pay the 60 an hour I think it pays for itself in 2 years because I don't pay 60 an hour but my buddies damn sure do 🤣🤣

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the different places ive played range from like 50-65 on weekdays and 65-75 on weekends. Thats the hourly rate of course. Some if you set up and an event have a discount when purchasing drink or food packages. We typically do about 4hrs with 4 guys and with the drinks and everything it rounds out to about 120$ per person with the bar tip

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse.