How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

57 minutes ago, Medfloat said:

I use the free app.  I was a "looper" (equal to pro) for years when they first created the app until they raised the rates to $99 per year.  I decided not to pay for the upgrade.  Just wanted a simplified app that doesn't overload me with stats and trends.  

As for the use of the app, I use it before every round to create a game plan.  It lets me see hazards, where best to aim for follow-up shots, choose clubs to use, basically manage the course before I get to the course.  The app has been a valuable tool.  When I had access to the green reading portion, extended stats such as the direction of the shot, number of chips, pitches, club choice, distances the ball travelled, etc. I found it was slowing me down and I was trying to better my stats instead of better my swing.  Does that make sense?  Now I just use the app to look for hazards and enter a basic score.

Thanks for the reply.  That does make sense.  While all those options sound useful, I think it would probably slow me down as well.  I rely on it a lot for distances and use it more than my rangefinder. Even though I'm a tech guy I like the look and feel aspect of hitting my shots (even though they rarely go where I see or feel they should).

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

1 hour ago, Medfloat said:

I use the free app.  I was a "looper" (equal to pro) for years when they first created the app until they raised the rates to $99 per year.  I decided not to pay for the upgrade.  Just wanted a simplified app that doesn't overload me with stats and trends.  

As for the use of the app, I use it before every round to create a game plan.  It lets me see hazards, where best to aim for follow-up shots, choose clubs to use, basically manage the course before I get to the course.  The app has been a valuable tool.  When I had access to the green reading portion, extended stats such as the direction of the shot, number of chips, pitches, club choice, distances the ball travelled, etc. I found it was slowing me down and I was trying to better my stats instead of better my swing.  Does that make sense?  Now I just use the app to look for hazards and enter a basic score.

Good morning.

I use the NCGA app, free with membership, works really well and automatically uploads scores and adjust GHIN.

I would guess that your state or area has something similar.

I think it is a great tool 

Have fun, enjoy the walk.

DougJ

Hit it hard and hope to find it!!

28 minutes ago, DougJ said:

Good morning.

I use the NCGA app, free with membership, works really well and automatically uploads scores and adjust GHIN.

I would guess that your state or area has something similar.

I think it is a great tool 

Have fun, enjoy the walk.

DougJ

Thanks @DougJ, I will look into that app.

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

On 9/26/2024 at 9:46 AM, Green4Spinach said:

OK, let me be clear about this. I did not play at the course I visited. So even though I was visiting St Andrews for non-golfing reasons, I could not resist dropping by the course just to see it. A locally-based friend invited me to play there, and I'm looking forward to the day my confidence in my play would be high enough that I would enjoy it, not end up just embarrassing myself. So I declined. For now.

Or should a high handicapper who only started playing ten months ago accept an invitation to one of golf's storied courses?

20240925_113906.jpg.84cf1b97bc2bb4f149cceab86b3f5984.jpg

20240925_114632.jpg

You know what you are capable of. You can always pick up on a hole giving you issues and continue the walk with your friend to the next tee grounds. Just saying.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Was able to get out for 9 today. Beautiful day very fall like except for the wind. Gusty to 25. Played the Maxfli Tour S trying it out for the fall. Didn't seem to be any lower than the other 2. Had a really decent round. 1 bogie and 8 pars, but had to scramble on 3 of those pars. Had a good day. Fall is starting in mid Michigan.20240927_133112_resized.jpg.56ec14b3d7baeff1619e108da349928b.jpg

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Another good round.  Things are coming together just before the end of the season.  Hope i can duplicate the progress in the new year. 

Had a gallery at the lakewood shores Gailes course

1000005534.jpg.765636e67db9cc7b662f35d7e24a3e7a.jpg

1000005535.jpg.b89f11c5d915f6194bd4504a780d9144.jpg

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro