MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

I was lucky enough to play today at Chambers Bay, site of the 2010 US Am, and 2015 US Open. The weather was perfect, winds 5-15 mph, and temps in the 60's. This was my 2nd round out here. I shot my normal, boring 83. There is a temp green on of the par 5's, so par was 71. Card read 46-37. I came alive on the back. Finished birdie birdie. 18 is a 541 par 5, and I hit driver, 19* hybrid to pin high. Two putt bird. Makes me want to play a lot more.

• Like 4

I was lucky enough to play today at Chambers Bay, site of the 2010 US Am, and 2015 US Open. The weather was perfect, winds 5-15 mph, and temps in the 60's. This was my 2nd round out here. I shot my normal, boring 83. There is a temp green on of the par 5's, so par was 71. Card read 46-37. I came alive on the back. Finished birdie birdie. 18 is a 541 par 5, and I hit driver, 19* hybrid to pin high. Two putt bird. Makes me want to play a lot more.

Two shots to reach a 541 yard par5. Those days are long gone for me. Almost makes me wish I was 40 again. :P Not really. Nice back 9!

Our punched and sanded greens are getting better but aren't fast enough to suit me. I had a two over no birdie 74 again this morning and left a half dozen putts a foot short. We are hosting a SC vs. Canada junior event this weekend and I hope they roll the greens tomorrow morning.

My club

• Like 1

Birdie-birdie finish is always a nice way to take the edge off of a front-9 46.

• Like 1

Birdie-birdie finish is always a nice way to take the edge off of a front-9 46.

Tons of doubles. I was hating golf. Ready to take up sewing.

• Sad 1

Tons of doubles. I was hating golf. Ready to take up sewing.

Never give in to sewing, sewing is the enemy. There is no way to horde sewing machines like you can golf clubs.

• Haha 1

Never give in to sewing, sewing is the enemy. There is no way to horde sewing machines like you can golf clubs.

Pretty sure the wife would beg to differ.

• Haha 1

Pretty sure the wife would beg to differ.

Hahaha, ouch. :P

• Like 1

And how did the bright yellow ball perform compared to the norm. Did you break it out on the back nine? :P

• Like 1

So are we going to see pictures?

I shot an 83 too, a very steady round with the occasional wasted shot. Full report later.

• Like 1

And how did the bright yellow ball perform compared to the norm. Did you break it out on the back nine? :(

Played it the entire round. I really like them. I think that I am a convert.

• Like 1

So are we going to see pictures?

I shot an 83 too, a very steady round with the occasional wasted shot. Full report later.

I'm traveling. So no way to upload pics until I get home on Sunday night. I should be able

to get to it then.

• Like 1

1 ball? No problem finding it?

• Like 1

Ok, so you were able to find it every time you hit it, but how about durability? How many full wedges shots will this ball take before it's scuffed too much to play?

I'm traveling. So no way to upload pics until I get home on Sunday night. I should be able

to get to it then.

Safe travels, Nic. I look forward to seeing the pics when you get them up.

• Like 1

not my round from today, but i played here a few weeks ago. A Nicklaus course that will kick your butt if you cant putt. Lots of elevation changes. Best part is not a house in site!! The course is called coyote springe, about 55 miles outside of vegas. It was originally supposed to be a master planned community with 10 courses, but the economy has put a damper on that. Course was pristine as no one plays it. Rate was 55 bucks. Greens were tour quality and felt like a felt pool table. SOme greens were a bit on the mickey mouse side but overall i will play it again this summer when it gets hot and rates should be 40 or less.

2010-02-15080633.jpg

2010-02-15125840.jpg

2010-02-15122850.jpg

2010-02-15113454.jpg

i must take the worst pictures ever lol

• Like 1

That course looks nice, and I really like the "no houses" part. Is that in Las Vegas or somewhere else?

• Like 1

That course looks nice, and I really like the "no houses" part. Is that in Las Vegas or somewhere else?

its actually up in the higher elevations of nevada. Its about 55 total miles north on I-15 then north on US93. It takes about 45 minutes from my house, but an hour from the Vegas strip.

it is a sweet course...very sweet. I hope the economy picks up. Apparently in talking to the caddie, they are going to have at least 4 courses. One of the courses is being laid out as we speak.

• Like 1

its actually up in the higher elevations of nevada. Its about 55 total miles north on I-15 then north on US93. It takes about 45 minutes from my house, but an hour from the Vegas strip.

it is a sweet course...very sweet. I hope the economy picks up. Apparently in talking to the caddie, they are going to have at least 4 courses. One of the courses is being laid out as we speak.

Cool. They must have great confidence (and financing) to be building more golf courses in these times.

• Like 1

What a nice course for $55. Is that by the other course with the animal name. Wolf Creek maybe?

• Like 1

There are a lot of second tier resort courses that are in trouble. I went to one in Santa Fe last summer that was owned by the adjacent Hilton which had gone under.

• Like 1