Vice Wedges Irons and Wedges

CSiders12

Anyone else a huge Vice Golf fan? Well look what popped into my text messages this morning! The absolute beauty of these is striking. Thoughts?

a93a7b6c86c6e6c986859250abb23d6e.jpg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

you beat me to it!! I tried not to fan boy too much. But i am definitely excited to try. I'm hoping they go beyond club champion for testing capabilities because I like to see actual ball flight if possible. The irons look great with nice customization options. They're less $ than the major brands for a set of 7 but still more than other DTC options, cough cough sub 70, if they offer a demo program like sub70 I'm definitely gonna take a spin. I would assume the forum will get a chance to test them out soon. Will definitely be heavily invested in that one. I stocked up on golf balls right before the new launch, so I have time for those reviews to come in before I make my next ball purchase. 

Driver:   :cobra-small: King F8 9.5D w/Motore X1 x-stiff
Fairway:  :cobra-small: King F8 3 wood  
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 3 hybrid 19.5° Fujikura Atmos 7s stiff      
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F8 5-PW true temper XP 90 stiff 
Wedges: :callaway-small: 48° (10) Mack Daddy 4 S grind, :taylormade-small: 52° (09) Hi-Toe, :taylormade-small:56° (09) Milled Grind, :taylormade-small:60° (10) MG2 
Putter:    :Sub70: 004 Mallet w/ SuperStroke Zynergy 5.0

Ball: :vice: Pro (white & drip)

I've been waiting for these to drop - they are TRULY beautiful, and I'm very curious as to how they play - their promo materials I got a sneak-chance to read are really fascinating.  

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I've been waiting for these to drop - they are TRULY beautiful, and I'm very curious as to how they play - their promo materials I got a sneak-chance to read are really fascinating.  

They definitely nailed the desired profile look on the VGI01's 10/10. At the +$1000 price point it's definitely going to move the determining factor to performance. Can't wait to read and see more.  

Wedges: :callaway-small: 48° (10) Mack Daddy 4 S grind, :taylormade-small: 52° (09) Hi-Toe, :taylormade-small:56° (09) Milled Grind, :taylormade-small:60° (10) MG2 

I’ll be interested to see how the putter plays; I received some kind of pre-order email about the putters a week-ish back, and the price point seemed high for DTC (more than the Odyssey Versa Double Wide I game right now at least, though that club’s price doesn’t exactly break the bank). Hopefully we’ll get to see a few in the wild soon and find out if the hype is real.

SJ

These look much cleaner than their putters. I am not sure I could play with a whiz shaft and not chuckle the whole time.. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

5 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

These look much cleaner than their putters. I am not sure I could play with a whiz shaft and not chuckle the whole time.. 

Just write "Cheez" or "Gee" in Sharpie before it, and that, I'm sure, will help 😉

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

42 minutes ago, Stereotype said:

you beat me to it!! I tried not to fan boy too much. But i am definitely excited to try. I'm hoping they go beyond club champion for testing capabilities because I like to see actual ball flight if possible. The irons look great with nice customization options. They're less $ than the major brands for a set of 7 but still more than other DTC options, cough cough sub 70, if they offer a demo program like sub70 I'm definitely gonna take a spin. I would assume the forum will get a chance to test them out soon. Will definitely be heavily invested in that one. I stocked up on golf balls right before the new launch, so I have time for those reviews to come in before I make my next ball purchase. 

I bought 5 dozen of the golf balls earlier this year. I have been on the Vice Golf bus for about 4 years now and I have not been disappointed. I was on the website fiddling with the options and it is really making me want to pull the trigger. If we do have a testing opportunity, I will be keeping a very close eye!

I’m curious to see how the clubs perform.  Definitely some big moves from Vice so far this year!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Pretty clean looking clubs, I expected nothing less from Vice.

Now the question is, is there a deep discount when buying multiple sets? 🤪

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

7 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I would agree that they look a lot cleaner than the putters. The irons remind me of the same profile as the Bettinardi irons that just dropped earlier this year. Their profiles and aesthetics are very very similar. 

image.png.131602da6ed036a5568016376c6a3d74.png image.png.088315243bce12093f2c83b3f8c4ae43.png

6 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Pretty clean looking clubs, I expected nothing less from Vice.

Now the question is, is there a deep discount when buying multiple sets? 🤪

Do i hear group mygolfspy discount!? bank card is locked and loaded! 

29 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

I would agree that they look a lot cleaner than the putters. The irons remind me of the same profile as the Bettinardi irons that just dropped earlier this year. Their profiles and aesthetics are very very similar. 

image.png.131602da6ed036a5568016376c6a3d74.png image.png.088315243bce12093f2c83b3f8c4ae43.png

Well, the betti irons are an open source iron from China. So.. Maybe they are the same. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Those are nice!  Again though, like the putters, I think they are jumping into the deep end pricing wise,  and defiinitely will be a "sink or swim" defining moment.

Of course,  their pricing is staying just under what most of the "quality" DTC competition is marked at,  so who knows. Even Stix has jumped their pricing to stay competitive in the last year or so. (Still sub $900 for a complete Perform set)

Will they meet or exceed the likes of Takomo and Sub70 clubs?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

18 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Will they meet or exceed the likes of Takomo and Sub70 clubs?

I have high hopes for the clubs. They have exceeded with their golf balls and I argue that their golf balls can compete with the other premium balls on the market. I would expect their clubs to provide the same high-quality performance. 

I may be in the minority but these don't do much for me. I'm also not the target golfer as I prefer SGI/GI clubs, but even then at the pricepoint they're introducing these at, I feel there are other options I'd gravitate towards instead of these. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

47 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I may be in the minority but these don't do much for me. 

Nor me, either. 

I'm definitely in the minority, but almost all wedges that don't offer bounce options have too much bounce for me.   From Titleist, Mizuno, Cleveland, and others who offer bounce options in the different lofts, I've ALWAYS ordered the lowest bounce option at every loft.

My lob wedge, for example, has 4° bounce,
and I've had a Wilson Staff 60° with 3° bounce
and a Cleveland  691 58° with zero bounce before it.

For me, bounce works fine for shots that I hit from back in my stance,
but is a real saboteur for the high, soft shots that I hit from forward in my stance. 

in flux

design looks great, love the mitsubishi shaft option as this is what i play currently 

Callaway Ai Smoke Driver
Callaway Ai Smoke 3 Wood 
Callaway Ai Smoke 5 Wood
PXG Irons Gen 5 0311 XP 4 - PW 
Titleist Vokey Wedges SM8 46*, 52* & 56*  
Scotty Cameron - Super Select Squareback 2 Moto 
Vice Pro Plus 

NIKE  Air Sport Bag

Posted (edited)

Does anyone really believe that Vice, whose success is from selling a golf ball made by Foremost with their own branding on it,  spent the hundreds and thousands (or millions) on designing unique golf clubs?

Dont get me wrong, good on them for being the most successful at beating the dominant ball brands and I thank them for that but gee,  their club prices? 😮     for 1/4 of the price you can get the latest from Golfworks.com, who do actually design their own gear, have 40+  years of experience in doing so, and have a great reputation.

and maybe i am missing something - I cant see why the Red or Blue iron is $10  (AUD) more than the White or Black

Though their great selection of 10 different ferrule colours really sets their product apart in the industry.  Many golfers will want to accessorise with that.

anyone who buys these on looks is insane 😋  best selling clubs of all time are Ping Eye 2 and Callaway big bertha style, nobody bought those for their looks, so there must have been another reason...

Edited by theblake7