Hybrid questions - HELP!!

I currently game an older Titleist hybrid. The 910F.....its been my go to club and im very confident hitting this club......my silly question is.....do Hybrids really change that much as far as technology goes? Do you feel im leaving yards on the course? I really liked the Callaway smoke hybrid I just saw but was unable to test (no available space)......Im not sure I liked how the TSR3 hybrid looked and the Ping G30 looked wonky to me at address.....The callaway VISUALLY looked the best to my eye......

any help would be appreciated

13 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I currently game an older Titleist hybrid. The 910F.....its been my go to club and im very confident hitting this club......my silly question is.....do Hybrids really change that much as far as technology goes? Do you feel im leaving yards on the course? I really liked the Callaway smoke hybrid I just saw but was unable to test (no available space)......Im not sure I liked how the TSR3 hybrid looked and the Ping G30 looked wonky to me at address.....The callaway VISUALLY looked the best to my eye......

Does your current hybrid do what it needs to do?  If so, why do you want to change?  If not, what is it lacking?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

From a vast array of costly experience my suggestion would be unless there is some compelling reason to replace a club that you are hitting well - ie. you've gotten new clubs around it and it no longer fills the gap that it was filling - don't change it!  Think about it - let's say you do hit the new one farther - now you may need to replace something else that you hit fairly well and something else until you reach the top of your bag but then you have a gap to the bottom of the bag and all of a sudden that one club becomes 13 and they you have a bad round and doubt creeps in and you wonder why you ever started down this trail but you traded in those clubs that you hit well.....

I've almost never followed the advice I'm giving you and I have a room full of clubs to prove it.  

Edited by revkev

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Does your current hybrid do what it needs to do?  If so, why do you want to change?  If not, what is it lacking?  

its old......with drivers I tested, I never could justify the spend of $700 to gain 5 yards over my current gamer.....

It does what i like, but wondering if modern hybrids have a more tech and much more distance in them over my current 910.

Testing inside tells me nothing and i dont have an outdoor test facility near me......wondering if testing a hybrid outdoors is worth an hour drive

17 hours ago, Tsecor said:

its old......with drivers I tested, I never could justify the spend of $700 to gain 5 yards over my current gamer.....

It does what i like, but wondering if modern hybrids have a more tech and much more distance in them over my current 910.

Testing inside tells me nothing and i dont have an outdoor test facility near me......wondering if testing a hybrid outdoors is worth an hour drive

My opinion is that driver is about maximizing distance; hybrids are for hitting specific distances.   Newer hybrids are probably a little more neutral instead of draw biased…although I think that is more how people setup with hybrids.   I currently have a Titleist 915 and 816 hybrids which are 9+ years old and I have no intention of replacing.    I’ve tested hybrids each year in most wanted testing and I don’t see much distance gain, but I don’t look for distance gain. 

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

My opinion is that driver is about maximizing distance; hybrids are for hitting specific distances.   Newer hybrids are probably a little more neutral instead of draw biased…although I think that is more how people setup with hybrids.   I currently have a Titleist 915 and 816 hybrids which a 9+ years old and I have no intention of replacing.    I’ve tested hybrids each year in most wanted testing and I don’t see much distance gain, but I don’t look for distance gain. 

I went for a hybrid fitting and the fitter really liked my TS hybrid.  Good distance, spin and forgiveness.  It works well for me.  He actually talked me out of replacing it.  That’s a sign of a great fitter.  Never mess with what’s working.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

I've never been able to hit mine properly and usually resort to the 5W I don't know if I'm standing to far away or what it is I never feel comfortable 

It's sure to be a hilarious journey filled with with lost balls and shanked Drives

17 hours ago, Tsecor said:

I have the 910 Hybrids I recently acquired a few months ago. 19⁰ and 22⁰. I definitely need more range time with them but so far really like them. Hit them better than the woods too. I'd say if they work well, leave em. However,  if they are worn down to the point that you are losing control and distance,  that would be when you might look to replace them.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.