Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

LAB DF3 Custom Review

So I recently posted that I bought the LAB DF3 putter and thought I would do a review and post a picture of it.

First Impressions: 

Right out of the packaging this thing looked so good. One thing that is frequently missed when talking about a new putter is the quality of the head cover that comes with it. The DF3 head cover is probably the best quality head cover I have ever seen. The cover is leather and is magnetic shut rather than Velcro. 
I opted for the upgraded white Accra shaft and the pistol 2 degree grip to go along with the green head color. Let me just say, this color combo looks so clean and so far, has given me a ton of confidence when lining up putts. 

After owning a LAB Mezz 1 Max, I was a bit nervous as to how I would like the putter at address but rest assured it really isn’t much of a difference from a typical mallet minus the center shaft mount. 

This thing holes putts!

When I tell you that this thing is automatic and holes putts, I am not kidding. Before writing this review, I wanted to see how many putts in a row I could make from 6ft on my perfect practice putting mat using only the small hole side. I made 100 putts in a row and decided I needed to stop and write this review. 
The DF3 is extremely easy to hit as the face stays square on take away and through impact without much effort on my end. 
The putter keeps you on line even on miss hits out on the toe and on the heel. The Accra shaft is amazing for giving feedback which allows for great control when controlling your speed. 

Conclusion:

This putter is INCREDIBLE! I thought switching from my spider tour would be difficult but it came very easy, almost too easy! I would recommend the putter to everyone regardless if you are a great putter as it just makes the game that much easier! Wait on buying a new driver and spend your money on one of LABs putters and shave strokes from your game! 

**this is not a paid review I purchased the LAB DF3 with my own money and have had many putters including Scotty Cameron phantom 7, Scotty Cameron Square Back 2, Odyssey Ai one 7, and Taylormade Spider Tour.**

Side Note: I would recommend buying the putter through a store like PGASuperStore as my putter with shipping came out to be $599.00 after tax where as through LABS site the shaft would bring the pretax total to $659

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Ai smoke max 9 degree 

3-wood: Callaway Paradym Stiff Flex

Irons: PXG GEN 5 0311 T (7-p)

Taylormade P7MC 4-6

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 50 and 56

Taylormade MG4 60 degree

Putter: LAB DF3 Green - White Accra Shaft

Balls: Frequently between Pro-V1X and Callaway Chrome Tour X

(always changing gear!)

I also bought a df3 with a white accura shaft and the green head.  I did decide to get the heavier option for the club head.   I have been rolling it for about a month and I have never putted better from 15 feet and in it feels like I hit my line everytime.  Still figuring out my speed control and outside 15 feet that is where I have struggled a bit the accura shaft feels very soft and for those long lag putts it is taking longer to get used to. 

Mike

I traded from a mezz 1 max into a DF3 counterbalance yesterday.  Really impressed with the build quality.  I putted on the practice green for about 30min before my lesson today. It definitely shares the easy to hit straight that the mezz 1 had. Distance feel is gonna be the problem for me with this one as it was with the mezz broomstick.  

Typical  putters have a heavier head than the counterbalance and the broomstick was a struggle because of lack of feel. This doesn't have the "feel" of a heavy head that I'm used to so there will be an adjustment period for sure. 

I will agree that the technology is noticeable especially doing the thumbs off putting that makes really difficult to manipulate the putter head. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.