Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2012 Ryder Cup

RoverRick

They might as well have just put the Euros up 1-0 and let Furyk and Sneds rest. If you're DL3, do you think there's any chance of beating Rory and GMac? **Hint** Unless you're delusional, NO.

Also, I love how DL3 had the fairways cut wider for his bombers and Tiger still can't get it within 20yds of the edge.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, agreed I don't think anyone was taking him seriously, he looks slightly less scary than my mum! Good player though and seems a nice chap - in truth most of the US team seem nice (think both teams could do with a really intimidating player - perhaps Bubba or mckleson with their short games?). It's clear how well the teams get on, a bit of needle is fine as long as sportsmanship isn't forgotten.

As this article suggests, golfers probably shouldn't do trash talk......

http://www.thedailym...c-2012092742775

Mind you it's a bit profane for my liking.

My mom can whip Snedeker's A$$ but not on the golf course. That woman can be mean. And she is in her 70's and slightly over 5 feet and weights maybe 110. She is in Germany right now visiting family.

I was about to say none of the guys look very intimidating but I just saw Keegan Bradley, and when he looks at his shots and cocks that head slightly to the side he looks spooky.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

US needs to wake up or this morning session is going to get ugly! Tiger and Stricker are making asses of themselves. Keegan, Snedeker and Dufner look good but need some help! Furyk has found his pull hook again, that's great.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

It's almost Noon and the USA has climbed back and halved the competition......Go USA!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

In retrospect (since it's a close match now), I like the Furyk-Sneds vs Rory-Gmac matchup. I think Furyk-Sneds are the weakest team out in play for the US, so putting them up against the best pairing for the Euros is a good match; the Euros should win it, but if the US pulls it out, then its a HUGE booster.

I think Duff-Zack is the strongest US pairing this morning, they are both solid and if they get hot with the flatstick, they can go low.

And as soon as I finish typing, Furyk stuffs one with his hybrid.

Been watching from my iPad at work so I can work on my PC and get continuous coverage.

USA! USA! USA!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

OMG! Why can't Tiger putt?

He's missed 2 four footers already.

OMG! Why can't Tiger putt?

He's missed 2 four footers already.

He's missed everything today!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Wow! Keegan tore it UP with the flatstick!

He's missed everything today!!!

He didn´t miss that guy he was aiming for in the crowd.

Poulter and Donald are not playing the afternoon matches. I can not understand why anyone would do that. It´s just ridiculous. The idea that everyone has to play fits better early Sunday morning when the kids play soccer.

Bubba-Webb v. Lawrie-Hanson

Phil-Keegan v. Rory-GMac

DJ-Kuchar v. Rose-Kaymer

Tiger-Stricker v. Westwood-Colsaerts

McIlroy/McDowell vs Mickelson/Bradley this afternoon. Looks like Team Europe is gonna try to put that fire out!

Bubba getting the crowd going on 1st tee was amazing :D I love it. Exactly what golf needs.

2-2 after the morning session. Some players showing terrible form. Tigers only out there to give away free gloves and that´s fine, but we need something extra from some of our guys. Hanson, Kaymer and Colsaerts are not safe bets. Lawrie has been in amazing form this year, can actually dominate his game.

EUROPE 2

USA 2

Simpson is killing it!!!

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Hey guys......wanna win a wedge like the ones Webb simpson is gaming?

Titleist american Flag Wedge Sweepstakes

Here's another sweepstakes.....Titleist American Headcover set

Incredible performance by Colsaerts :D There´s hope!

I remember watching Colsaerts on the range and playing Portugal Masters in Vilamoura last year. Extremely impressive when you watch him in real life.

You guys over their need to learn how to sing and really cheer for your players. U-S-A and whooooooo? Come on! :D Celtic Manor was 100 times Medinah.

And seriously - don´t cheer when someone completely misses a chip or pitch. I think it was an incident with Garcia today. That shouldn´t happen.

Good performance from Tiger in fourball after the terrible foursome he had.

Keegan "Evil Eye" Bradley is actually popular here. And Dufner has almost cult status :D Looking forward to tomorrow. We need to get our best players out there. Luke and Poulter should´ve played fourball too.

This may be a stupid question, but if the problem with foursomes, alternating shots, is that they are playing with a ball that is unfamiliar to them, Stricker-Titleist and Woods-Nike. Why the hell do they not make the pairings based on ball used.

Watson, Simpson, Dufner, Stricker, Z.Johnson play Titleist.

Snedeker and Kuchar play Bridgestone.

Phil and Furyk play the Callaway.

Tiger is lone Nike.

Keegan is Srixon.

D. Johnson is the Penta.

Obviously, Keegan and Phil did not have a problem and Zack and Jason already play Titleist. But is this just me?

Colsaerts' putting was the most incredible putting performance I've ever seen! That guy can flat out roll the rock!

It was a nice charge by Tiger on the back nine, but Colsaerts stopped him on a dime. Tiger got a 6ft birdie? No problem! I can do a 20ft birdie to split the hole.

So sleepy now... stayed up until 2am watching til the end.

And I agree with you furu, WTF was Olazabal thinking??? Luke and Poults were carrying their partners in the morning and you bench them for the fourballs???

I want to back up to a comment made about differences in courses between Europe and here or the lack there of.

I strongly disagree with the notion that there is no difference or that just because many of the Europeans live here they are as acclimated to our courses as we are. There are in fact horses for courses even among indigenous players - that has always been the case. US players tend to prefer fast, firm bent grass greens, Eurpean players almost overwhelming prefer greens that are more moderate and that are non-bent grass surfaces - And I know someone is going to site Augusta but I've always been of the belief that Augusta is all about positioning, off the tee, then with the approach shot in order to be in the proper position to putt - doesn't matter who you are at Augusta - if you get out of position - you're dead.

Back to the Rider Cup - I think it's an advantage for the US that they are playing on a very traditional course, with lower rough, faster greens, wet fairways, lots of elevation changes - its what lots of these guys grew up with. The Europeans who live here don't live where they play under these conditions.

If it weren't an advantage why in the world would the US prefer green speeds that are measurably quicke than the ones used when the matches are played in Europe?

So there are your tea and crumpets. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Holy Crap Mickleson -- what an unbelievable shot! Can't believe they won that hole.

Lesson of the day -- it's the short game, stupid!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

First I will say that DL3 picked exactly who I would have. The only difference is I might have taken Watney over Snedeker at the time. So that just proves what I know. But I would NOW much rather have Watney and Mahan over Furyk and Stricker. These young guys are good.

As a matter of fact, based on the play of all these younger guys the PGA should change the slogan from "These guys are good." to "These guys are damned good."

First I will say that DL3 picked exactly who I would have. The only difference is I might have taken Watney over Snedeker at the time. So that just proves what I know. But I would NOW much rather have Watney and Mahan over Furyk and Stricker. These young guys are good.

As a matter of fact, based on the play of all these younger guys the PGA should change the slogan from "These guys are good." to "These guys are damned good."

And they can roll their rock. Wow

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived