Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

loose putter head

glfballwacker

It appears that during one of my disagreements with my putters performance they head had some how come loose from the shaft. I know I can take it to the pro shop or to Dicks and have them fix it but I was wondering if there was any other type of secrets or suggestions anyone would have other than duct tape or bubble gum

Wouldn't recommend duct tape or bubble gum :)

But it's very easy to just re-glue the head yourself. Any big box golf store should sell epoxy, just heat up the head with a torch or heat gun and pull it off. Clean the old glue out of the hosel and off the shaft tip, then apply new epoxy and glue it back in. It's a very easy process to do yourself.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

No problem, if you run into anything goofy just ask here.

The only tip i have for a putter is to make sure you have the head aligned properly to the grip before you let it dry.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Unless its graphite, if you can stir kool aid, you can mix epoxy and fix it. Heat the heat where the shaft enters (hosel). It'll give a light puff of smoke when the epoxy reaches its breakdown temp. Pull the head by twisting lightly (use an oven mitt, towel, etc because it'll be nice and warm). Once it's removed abrade the hosel and shaft to its insertion depth (you'll see how far it was in the club easily). The goal is to remove all the old epoxy and provide a rough surface on both sides for the epoxy to adhere to(I'd use 80-100 grit). Once that's done, remove all the dust by at least wiping with a paper towel (I'd dampen it with either alcohol or acetone). Those have short flash times and will evaporate quickly. Once everything is dry, you'll want to mix your epoxy ( buy 1:1 in a squeeze tube, hard to screw it up. Local hardware store will have it). Mix it with a Popsicle stick, or anything like that. Smear a healthy gob all around the shaft and smear some inside the hosel (don't worry, the excess will weep out). Insert the shaft into the head making sure to spin it a full 360 degrees at least once (more wont hurt). Wipe all excess epoxy (they make wipes to do this, they're exactly the same thing as grit embedded hand cleaning wipes (example GoJo)). You can use a paper towel dampened with alcohol or acetone though if you don't have that. Set the grip in the square position (or your preferred position). You can use a door frame to square it up, works great. Once you've set the position where the grip is like you want it (unless you're replacing the grip that is, then it won't matter unless its a double bend shaft), sit the club in the upright position against a wall until it cures (curing time will be on the epoxy packaging). Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help. If you aren't comfortable doing it, if you want to ship it to me I'll fix it and mail it back to you for nothing.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Wouldn't recommend duct tape or bubble gum :)

Nothing wrong with duct tape :P

IMG_0863.JPG

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Archived