Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,353 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Maxfli

Testers Wanted! Maxfli Tour, Tour X and Tour S Golf Balls

image.png

What makes the Maxfli Tour series different from other Foremost balls is that, other than the cover, much of the core and mantle technology is specific to Maxfli. But the real kicker is Maxfli’s proprietary CG balancing technology. It’s an extra step in the quality-control process where each ball is examined and oriented so that the side stamp aligns with the axis along which the ball is perfectly balanced. Moreover, CG balancing won’t do much for a poorly constructed ball. Beyond that, it gives Maxfli a key differentiating feature and a talking point that other DTC brands lack.

image.png

MyGolfSpy Forum is looking for 6 of it's lower handicap members to test, review, report and keep 2 dozen of the Maxfli Tour Series of Golf Ball.

2 for Maxfli Tour
2 for Maxfli Tour X
2 for Maxfli Tour S

This Member Test is open to US Member only, but both right and left handed golfers! 😉

Do you think this golf ball could fit your game? Click the Sign Up link above! 

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

Follow us on Instagram & Twitter!

106 Comments

The Maxfli Tour X is currently in my bag & I enjoy their performance,

Admittedly, there are other players that give a curious look when I inform them I'm playing a Maxfli 🤔

Good luck to the testers chosen & enjoy!

I've been searching for a good low-launch golf ball. Seems like the Tour S may fit the bill! Excited to see what results come out of these three tests, and I hope the three models can be compared well.

Launch monitor data would be very useful from the tests, and would be good to compare to one's current gamer.

I'd love to be a tester!  Have always been a Maxfli fan going back to the Maxfli HT 100's.  I guess I gave my age away.

As posted in a previous test opportunity, I have been experimenting with several different ball manufacturers. Living in New England, the weather changes constantly and I use different balls for different rounds based on weather conditions. Found the Mizuno RB Tour X to perform well under windy conditions. Look forward to hearing feedback about the Maxfli…

1 hour ago, tdc1 said:

Hmmm, so I guess some balls are only for better ("lower handicap") players.  Seems to contradict so much of what I've read on MGS.

Usually I won't sign up to test equipment that is clearly not right for me (e.g., the current Takomo iron tests) but surely ball testing applies across the handicap spectrum.

Keep in mind,  that some of the parameters of these tests are dictated by the OEM themselves and not MGS.  

Never been a one brand type of guy for golf balls, specially when finding others on the course looking for my ball off the fairway sometimes 😂 Never tried these, be interesting to see these results for sure!

I tried the prior generation Maxfli tour and was overall very impressed with the golf ball!  Compared to ProV1; excellent ball for much less.

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Keep in mind,  that some of the parameters of these tests are dictated by the OEM themselves and not MGS.  

I know that is sometimes the case but when it is the OEM setting the guidelines, why not say, “Maxfli is looking for 6 of our lower handicap” players?  Current wording implies that MGS is setting the handicap parameter not the OEM.

I would always prefer that calls for testers be open about predetermined criteria (e.g., right-handed only, USA only, single digit hcp only, new testers only, etc.). 

This particular call for testers just struck me as antithetical to what MGS repeatedly says about handicap level and ball choice.

Another fantastic test opportunity!  A huge thank you to DSG's/Maxfli to test this years model of one of the hottest golf balls on the market 👏.  And of course, kudo's to our MGS staff for the hard work coordinating these opportunities 👏. I was chosen to test these when the "CG Balance" came to market and they did not disappoint. It was fun doing the salt water float testing in our kitchen... but it confirmed my wife's suspicion that golfers in general are a little wonky 😆. I still have a few of the Tour and Tour X in my stash and will likely keep one of each in my ball collection (they personalized them with our forum name).

Best of luck to all the applicant's.  I suspect there will be at least 6 new Maxfli Tour aficionados at the conclusion of the reviews.

1 hour ago, Dooby said:

Why do you say that some balls are better for lower handicappers? 

I have been convinced by MGS that a ball is a ball is a ball regardless of handicap so it struck me as odd that MGS would restrict a ball test to “6 of our lower handicap” members.  Maybe the restriction is at the explicit request of the OEM, in which case why not say so up front? 

1 hour ago, release said:

Have no idea Maxfli had been revived.  Used to play this brand for several years.    Very curious as how the new ones will perform, especially my game had changes in the last decade.

Thanks for the heads up, will also check it out in our local store.

Only available at Dick's Sporting Goods, who owns the rights to Maxfli, and also TopFlite.

Sad to say that I do not qualify for this test, my HCP is too high. I play the Maxfli Tour X as a replacement for the Bridgestone BX.

I guess I’m considered middle of the road on handicap. Right around a ten but do enjoy a Pro V1.   
I will be interested to see the reviews. I have never ever considered to play a Maxfli. 

I have been playing 2-piece value balls for over 20 years  I try 3-piece balls from time to time, and currently looking to try a few 3-piece balls this year. Have played a couple of 3-piece balls, but never Maxfli Tour. Don't need any spin off the tee, but could use a little help on the green. Have played Maxfli Softfli, and think it is a decent value ball, just not too much help around the greens. Need a ball with just a little spin, so I can "carry it" to the hole. I am a high capper, looking for help. If this ball is for low cappers, I won't bother to try it, as I don't play ProV1's, or TP5's either.. 

38 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

I have been convinced by MGS that a ball is a ball is a ball regardless of handicap so it struck me as odd that MGS would restrict a ball test to “6 of our lower handicap” members.  Maybe the restriction is at the explicit request of the OEM, in which case why not say so up front? 

Maxfli has requested that as this is a Tour driven golf ball that we look to select our lower(ish) handicap members. Or at least give them first consideration as this is who and where this ball is marketed to. 

That being said we as forum staff still have final say in the selection process and will find who we feel is best for this test and who will provide the best reviews. 

As with all our testing opportunities, because these companies are giving this to us for free to give to you (and they pay for shipping) they of course can put in requests as to what type of golfer they would like to see test their product (not specifically who). 

I think that is a reasonable thing for us to do, given the opportunities they provide us. 

As stated it is that we will be looking for lower handicap golfers - they asked single digit, but we have leeway there. And at least we stated that we are looking for lower handicaps vs saying anyone then only selected lower handicaps right?

So, in my search for finding the “one ball to play every round with” coming from the old Bridgestone B330XS the Maxfli Tour was one of the balls I put through the rotation (which included TP5 and TP5X and Cut Blue) before settling on the ProV1X Left Dash (which I’ve gained for 2 straight years now). I thought the old Maxfli Tour was a good ball, but was consistently 8 or so yards shorter than Left Dash off the driver and 2-5 years shorter off irons (depending on loft).

I will admit I never tried the Maxfli Tour X, which likely would have been a better comparison than the Tour, but Left Dash had been so good I’ve just kept playing it (and just did the 4 for 3 deal).

So, would the Tour X unseat Left Dash? I’m willing to try…

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Maxfli has requested that as this is a Tour driven golf ball that we look to select our lower(ish) handicap members.

[. . . ]

As with all our testing opportunities, because these companies are giving this to us for free to give to you (and they pay for shipping) they of course can put in requests as to what type of golfer they would like to see test their product (not specifically who). 

I think that is a reasonable thing for us to do, given the opportunities they provide us. 

I fully understand that OEMs can/do place some restrictions.  I fully understand that MGS should/does try to follow those restrictions to the extent it can without crossing a line that alienates the OEM or turns MGS into a shill for the OEM.

My initial post was in response to the wording for the call for testers that (1) implies that the ball is too good for golfers of my current handicap, and (2) seems to fly in the face of what MGS (or, at least, Tony Covey) has been preaching for the past few years.

Maybe I just woke up on the grumpy side of the bed.

This Test is now closed to further comments.