Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Think this will work? Putter cover idea

So I've been looking for cool unique mallet putter covers since I lost my 2ball cover last Wed. 

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/11370-where-to-find-cool-mallet-headcover/

I've found a couple contenders, but nothing that has compelled me to click buy yet.  Ever since seeing Graham DeLaet's hockey glove headcovers a while back the idea has been stuck in my mind.

So I'm thinking of heading to Play-It-Again and finding a set of cheap youth hockey gloves, then finding some type of soft or furry fabric I can stuff/glue inside and using it as a putter cover.  I'd love to cut the sock off an old headcover and attach that as well, but my sewing skills are passable at best for buttons and I don't think I could get a needle through the leather of a hockey glove to actually make it stay on.

So for anyone who has maybe tried something like this before, any tips?  Or any reason it's a terrible idea?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

What about stitching in the sock portion of an old driver cover. That synthetic stretchy material can be sewn right into whatever you decide to use for the cover. Just cut it off with some scissors from the donor headcover and then sew it in to the hockey glove inside the cuff.

Archived