Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy Barbajo

Tour Edge Irons - Player or Pretender?

Has anyone ever gamed a set of Tour Edge Irons?  The Exotics series of drivers, FW's and hybrids seem legit, but you don't hear much about the irons.  

The Bazooka/Hot Launch series seem to be very affordable GI irons, and I've seen the Exotics CB's in stores (very nice looking, have never hit them though)

Anyone with any experience with any of the Tour Edge irons?  Are they in the discussion?

I've played the Tour Edge Bazooka woods and a couple of rounds with a friend's Tour Edge irons.  They seem to be good quality clubs, but I don't know that they've ever really "broken through" as much more than a "bargain" players club.  I tried one of their Exotic drivers and wasn't impressed, in comparison to other drivers on the market.

I still have a set of Tour Edge EX-3 irons. For a beginner or someone that needs some help with getting irons up or with distance, they are great. They have a hollow cavity, wide sole and a titanium face. The ball comes off very hot so they go a long way; for me they also went very straight. I found them difficult to control distance and impossible to work the ball. Not too many available on eBay anymore, but for the right person they would be great game improvement irons.

I have not tried the newer models. Tour Edge seems to have gone more traditional looking irons and I would expect them to be of similar quality to their woods which is pretty good.

I just inquired about the Exotics CU irons. I wanted to know if they were forged or cast and unfortunately they re cast. I am so impressed with the clubs I have from them (check my sig) that I'd be willing to let the AP2's go to get some Tour Edge irons.  

I have been playing the Exotics XCG4 irons for a while and I love the irons! I would encourage anyone to try any exotics irons out you will not be disappointed!

• Like 1

Welcome BirdieMonster!Great to have you on here. The XCG line has been great for TEE - I haven't played any of the irons, but love my XCG 4W.

Looking forward to you contributing where you can.

Brad

I gamed the xcg3 irons up until last month when they were finally unseated by a set of WS C100's. Great irons but it was time for a change and the new c line from Wilson Staff is flat money for my swing. Especially with the stock Aldila rip phenom shafts.

I gamed the xcg3 irons up until last month when they were finally unseated by a set of WS C100's. Great irons but it was time for a change and the new c line from Wilson Staff is flat money for my swing. Especially with the stock Aldila rip phenom shafts.

Those shafts are pretty nice!!! Probably got a good price on the iron set aye?