Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Leagues

Close2thepin

So I am the sub on my bosses twosome for his summer men's league. This will be my first foray into a league format. They do match play head to head and then low score for the hole out of all 4. I've only ever played stroke play in all the years I've been golfing. Any advice? Also, they wanted a GHIN number but having never done a league or anything I've only ever calculated my own handicap. Can I get an official GHIN somewhere?

1. Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons, STX putter, taylormade rocketballz 3 wood

2. Cobra Amp Cell 11.5 regular flex

3. RH

4. PA

5. 18 handicap, but looking to get to 15 by summers end

1)Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons

2) Cobra Amp Cell  11.5 regular flex Driver

3)Right Handed

4) PA

5) 18 Handicap (but aiming for 15 by end of summer)

Check with the club they play at, they should be able to set you up with an official GHIN, usually it's around $30 for the year.  If you happen to have any scores written down you can go in and post them and just back date them to the date and course you played.  

Basically I would talk to the pro that runs the league and ask how best to establish your handicap and get a GHIN.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

It's been a long time since I first got my GHIN so I cannot be sure if things have changed.  But...

To get a GHIN number you have to join a USGA official club.  The cost varies from state to state and it usually includes membership into the club's "Men's Club" so you can play in their events; probably around $45-55.  

I believe you have to have 5 scores posted when you join and GHIN has to be updated, which occurs on the 1st and 15th of each month, so next revision would be Tuesday.

I have known pros or handicap committee chairman to post scores for you based on knowledge of your game.  You can post scores you have already played this season as long as they were rounds that you did not play alone.

Good luck!!  And play well!  Maybe you will get to be a regular player and not a sub.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Don't know how serious the match play format is but there are some subtleties you may want to keep in mind. Order of play is

Important and the golfer that is away plays first; if you play out of turn you can be asked to replace you ball and play the stroke again when it is your turn. The nice thing about match play is that a blow up hole won't hurt you as much. As you get into match play there can also be some strategy based on how your partner or opponent shafts have faired. For example , No need to blow a birdie putt 5 feet past when you only need a par to win the hole.

But to start your best bet is to do like stroke play. Focus on the shot at hand and do your best to get the best score you can.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Don't know how serious the match play format is but there are some subtleties you may want to keep in mind. Order of play is

Important and the golfer that is away plays first; if you play out of turn you can be asked to replace you ball and play the stroke again when it is your turn. The nice thing about match play is that a blow up hole won't hurt you as much. As you get into match play there can also be some strategy based on how your partner or opponent shafts have faired. For example , No need to blow a birdie putt 5 feet past when you only need a par to win the hole.

But to start your best bet is to do like stroke play. Focus on the shot at hand and do your best to get the best score you can.

As cnosil said ^^^  I'd also ask your partner about the nuances of match play at the club. Our Thursday night league is match play and can tell you personally it's a lot of fun - we have a great time. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart