Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

7 minutes ago, Mike Lambert said:

Nice!  Now if I can get my handicap to look like yours too, I'll really be in business!

For me... how well I play depends on my short game.  Good short game = sub-80; bad short game = sub-90.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just use a pair of old Nike sneakers, cross-trainers of some sort.  Since I'm doing the training in the garage, I haven't had any issues with slipping, and also haven't had any trouble with the soles coming loose.  Maybe that means I'm not swinging hard enough

Seriously it could be that you aren’t interacting with the ground properly. A hidden benefit of SuperSpeed is that they do provide some swing fix drills in level three - after week 20.

When you get there Mike you may wish to consider the ground interaction one - I think that’s the first one. It’s a special protocol that will replace your level 3 protocol one day a week. Pretty cool - huh!

We could really address that in our review because we were only going through week 14.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You should be!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Seriously it could be that you aren’t interacting with the ground properly. A hidden benefit of SuperSpeed is that they do provide some swing fix drills in level three - after week 20.

When you get there Mike you may wish to consider the ground interaction one - I think that’s the first one. It’s a special protocol that will replace your level 3 protocol one day a week. Pretty cool - huh!

We could really address that in our review because we were only going through week 14.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense, I haven't really thought about ground interaction before.  I bookmarked an article on about ground contact on (I think) Adam Young's site, but haven't read it yet. 

Also, I'll definitely give the ground interaction drills a try when I get there, thanks for the tip!

Okay just moved tomorrow’s workout up to this day because I did Monday and wanted to avoid doing another indoor or an outdoor in cold damp weather.

Exact same time as Monday’s workout but outside rather than in the gym I was at least 3 mph faster with everything dominant and non-dominant except one rogue regular swing blue club. :)

I had a 108 lefty - one of my fastest ever - had 101 red lefty which is my fastest with that club.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Ok.

i am in.  My superspeed sticks arrived. Got a session in with them yesterday.   I don’t have the radar so I am going to have to rely on my average numbers hitting balls on my Skytrak to gauge improvement  

Fun fact....they do spark if you accidentally hit the garage floor. Just happened once, and then I got the hang of keeping the tip from hitting the floor.  

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Ok.
i am in.  My superspeed sticks arrived. Got a session in with them yesterday.   I don’t have the radar so I am going to have to rely on my average numbers hitting balls on my Skytrak to gauge improvement  
Fun fact....they do spark if you accidentally hit the garage floor. Just happened once, and then I got the hang of keeping the tip from hitting the floor.  
Welcome to SuperSpeed training! Keep us posted on how you're doing. I'm glad you didn't damage your club hitting the ground, it's easy to do. I would recommend eventually getting a radar, it's not absolutely necessary, but I find it to be a great motivator that encourages you to make each swing faster than the last. I found a replacement for mine on Amazon for $94.

Most importantly, have fun! This system works.
@Revkev great speed left handed! Did you ever imagine you'd see speed like that when this started?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Stage 2 is live!

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Ok.

Welcome to the club. You will be a very significant person here as you don’t have the radar. We’ve all speculated as to what that might mean for our training.

Good luck

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Nice job Kegger -

As an FYI Daisy challenged me to swing as fast as I can with my driver.  SuperSpeed has research that suggests that your accuracy will remain the same or even be better than before when you swing faster and of course you will hit it farther.  I've swung as fast as I could with driver the last couple of rounds and seen a big uptick in my driving distance.  Understand that some of this is seasonal too - I can't speak to California but generally the ball goes farther in Florida in the winter/early spring than in the summer because the ground firms up - so try to make your comparisons based on where the ball would normally go at that time of the year or with an actual swing speed device.  I hit a drive on the course last weekend where my driver swing speed was 100 - it went 263 - I was in the right rough but that rough was not thick and I'd way rather be in the rough 125 yards out than the fairway at 160 which is where I normally am on that hole  - it's a lot easier to hit wedge up that hill to the green than a 6 iron or 5 hybrid I can tell you that!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Nice job Kegger -

As an FYI Daisy challenged me to swing as fast as I can with my driver.  SuperSpeed has research that suggests that your accuracy will remain the same or even be better than before when you swing faster and of course you will hit it farther.  I've swung as fast as I could with driver the last couple of rounds and seen a big uptick in my driving distance.  Understand that some of this is seasonal too - I can't speak to California but generally the ball goes farther in Florida in the winter/early spring than in the summer because the ground firms up - so try to make your comparisons based on where the ball would normally go at that time of the year or with an actual swing speed device.  I hit a drive on the course last weekend where my driver swing speed was 100 - it went 263 - I was in the right rough but that rough was not thick and I'd way rather be in the rough 125 yards out than the fairway at 160 which is where I normally am on that hole  - it's a lot easier to hit wedge up that hill to the green than a 6 iron or 5 hybrid I can tell you that!

I never thought too much about the seasonal aspect of it. In California, this is the time of the year that the courses are at their softest. I actually had a ball plug in the fairway my last time out! I don't normally see a lot of run out on my drives, but the soft conditions could still be an additional reason I don't feel like I'm gaining distance. I wish I had your Swing Caddie so I could better estimate my yardages on the range! I'm playing Saturday so I may try ramping up my swing speed on the course like you're suggesting and see how it is.

23 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Welcome to SuperSpeed training! Keep us posted on how you're doing. I'm glad you didn't damage your club hitting the ground, it's easy to do. I would recommend eventually getting a radar, it's not absolutely necessary, but I find it to be a great motivator that encourages you to make each swing faster than the last. I found a replacement for mine on Amazon for $94.

Most importantly, have fun! This system works.
@Revkev great speed left handed! Did you ever imagine you'd see speed like that when this started?

I thought long and hard about getting the radar but I decided against it. My big concern is that I don’t want to get so wrapped up with hitting numbers so that I lose my form.  I could very well be wrong in my thought process. I hit balls with my seven iron on my Skytrak before my swing speed session....and after I am finished I hit some more balls....and I have noticed a yardage increase already with what feels like the same effort and in balance swing. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I thought long and hard about getting the radar but I decided against it. My big concern is that I don’t want to get so wrapped up with hitting numbers so that I lose my form.  I could very well be wrong in my thought process. I hit balls with my seven iron on my Skytrak before my swing speed session....and after I am finished I hit some more balls....and I have noticed a yardage increase already with what feels like the same effort and in balance swing. 
[/

The theory behind SuperSpeed is to train your brain to swing as fast as possible. That’s where the radar works. You compete against yourself swing after swing always striving for a personal best on that drill and with that club. You really want to concern yourself with speed rather than form. I’ve video’d myself - my swing is my swing - the fast ones don’t deviate much.

I’d highly recommend going after it as fast as you are able form be d worded

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

17 hours ago, joen said:

I agree with what revkev said, don't worry about form, the idea is just to convince your brain and muscles that they can move a little faster than what they do now.  You need the swing speeds to know whether or not you actual are progressing - I think that is part of showing your brain proof that it's possibly to swing faster.

Finished the first week with the kneeling protocol.  Boy, am I glad I saw those posts about the kneeling pad, I got the SS pad last month so was ready to go.  Very comfy!

A little slower this week since I accidentally nicked my left thumb cutting some veggies Sunday - luckily the thumbnail took the brunt, there's a nice clean slice across about 2/3 of it.  It's fine, but it was hard to convince my body to swing full speed on my first session the next day and even today a little.  Still not sure how I managed that, but it's probably related to having a 32 handicap 😉

The first few kneeling swings were interesting, but I think I got used to them pretty quickly, although I've still only cracked 90 on one swing.  My step swings have been slower than my regular swings all along, but they are almost caught up now.  Probably overthinking the movement of the lead foot back and the little press forward to start the swing.  Probably also related to both the thumb and the handicap... 

Hoping to see some triple-digit numbers start showing up in a few more columns soon.

2019-01-25_14-14-43.jpg.050fb54e8372c527b611e068bf318b38.jpg

Edited by Mike Lambert

Finished the first week with the kneeling protocol.  Boy, am I glad I saw those posts about the kneeling pad, I got the SS pad last month so was ready to go.  Very comfy!
A little slower this week since I accidentally nicked my left thumb cutting some veggies Sunday - luckily the thumbnail took the brunt, there's a nice clean slice across about 2/3 of it.  It's fine, but it was hard to convince my body to swing full speed on my first session the next day and even today a little.  Still not sure how I managed that, but it's probably related to having a 32 handicap
The first few kneeling swings were interesting, but I think I got used to them pretty quickly, although I've still only cracked 90 on one swing.  My step swings have been slower than my regular swings all along, but they are almost caught up now.  Probably overthinking the movement of the lead foot back and the little press forward to start the swing.  Probably also related to both the thumb and the handicap... 
Hoping to see some triple-digit numbers start showing up in a few more columns soon.
2019-01-25_14-14-43.jpg.050fb54e8372c527b611e068bf318b38.jpg
Great numbers Mike! I don't think it'll be too long before you're seeing more triple digits making an appearance on the chart. Hopefully the thumb will feel better soon and you can get back to swinging without pain or worry.

It's nice to see another high handicapper giving SuperSpeed a go, mine is currently sitting at 26.3 on Arccos. I think the extra distance is going to make a difference for us all.

So had a first this week. I normally do an average for the week of my 3 days top speed swings. Well for the first time in 9 weeks my blue average was above my green average for lefty swings. Obviously not many are doing averages but has anyone had a heavier club end the week higher then a lighter club? I feel like ever since I started the kneeling swings I have had a tough time with lefty swings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So had a first this week. I normally do an average for the week of my 3 days top speed swings. Well for the first time in 9 weeks my blue average was above my green average for lefty swings. Obviously not many are doing averages but has anyone had a heavier club end the week higher then a lighter club? I feel like ever since I started the kneeling swings I have had a tough time with lefty swings.

My fastest swings for the week have come from my middle club a couple of times, and a lot of times there has only been 1-2 mph differences on the weeks that my yellow club has produced the highest speed.

In my week 14 report to Daisy at SuperSpeed, she mentioned this discrepancy and encouraged me to really concentrate on getting the lightest club as fast as possible to prime my body for the rest of the session. I think, for me, I'm not as comfortable with the lightest club simply because of the feel. It's getting better, but something I'm going to have to focus on during training.

The fact that you started the new protocol with kneeling swings can affect your speeds. Mine tend to drop a little as my body and mind adjust to the new motions. We're currently doing the double step and it's a doozy to get used to. I'm starting to see a little uptick on SS after a couple of weeks, so hopefully you will too.

4 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Is lefty your dominant or non-dominant side?  From my experience all bets are off on those non-dominant swings.  I've gotten much faster than when I started and it feels much smoother - I've read a couple of guys stating that they wished they had a left handed club but I suspect that would go out the window quickly if they did - swinging fast is one think, swinging fast and hitting a ball in the proper sequence is quite the other. 🙂

I have the traditional Green, Blue and Red set make up.  I have never done average speed for those clubs because SuperSpeed is about the fastest swings not the average of swings.  I have had a week where my fastest swing of the week was with the blue club.  It was week 9 or 10 - right about where tchat07 is in his program.  The kneeling swings were tough on me at first also.  Writing that I plateaued was a nice way of saying that I took a step back - I saw it with driver SS on the range and course also.  On the last week of that protocol set, the last two workouts in fact, I spiked.  This time around I've plateaued again, for real - my speed is still there both in doing the protocol and on the range or course.   

Of note right now I'm faster non-dominant with the green club in the double step move and I'm also faster with the blue than the green (actually just as fast with the red as the green for that drill).  I think this has to do with timing - the heavier shafted sticks seem to help me time the release better than the light green one on my dominant side.  I haven't gotten the timing of that move down yet for that drill. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I finished up week seventeen in good fashion. I equaled or exceeded my high speed with every club on both sides. My highlights were reaching 118 mph with my yellow stick and 105 with my blue stick left handed. All my highs were with the regular swing, but the double steps are coming along nicely as my body is starting to cooperate with my mind. Screenshot_20190124-164638_Excel-01.jpeg
I also went to the range today to see if I could iron out my ball flight issues, so I took the radar to see if there were any changes. I had a high speed of 101 and a low of 89, but with 11 shots I averaged 96.

I'm working on ball positioning in my stance by moving it forward in order to hit more up on the ball, and now I've just got to keep it from going left. Let's just say that I made sure no cars were driving down the road when I hit, I think they need a higher net....just saying. I meant to grab my speed sticks to work on alignment and left them at home. 20190126_170712-01.jpeg

22 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great numbers Mike! I don't think it'll be too long before you're seeing more triple digits making an appearance on the chart. Hopefully the thumb will feel better soon and you can get back to swinging without pain or worry.

It's nice to see another high handicapper giving SuperSpeed a go, mine is currently sitting at 26.3 on Arccos. I think the extra distance is going to make a difference for us all.

Thanks man!  

I just finished my Week 16 training.  I haven't tested my actual driver swing speed since the end of week 14 but its still interesting to see my increases with the training clubs.

1000470627_Week16results.JPG.ff342f7bc3a969e932f449c6ba185c86.JPG

I wish the increase that I'm seeing with my left-handed swing were equal to right-handed.  I still can't help but feel the green club is just too light and its not really helping me at all.  Only a 4mph increase in 16 weeks is a little depressing.  I'm starting to think I'm not just in a plateau phase but have maxed out with the current protocol and won't see any changes until the Week 20 Advanced Speed Development training.

Has anyone tried the ASD tests and incorporated the training into their normal routine?

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I just finished my Week 16 training.  I haven't tested my actual driver swing speed since the end of week 14 but its still interesting to see my increases with the training clubs.

I wish the increase that I'm seeing with my left-handed swing were equal to right-handed.  I still can't help but feel the green club is just too light and its not really helping me at all.  Only a 4mph increase in 16 weeks is a little depressing.  I'm starting to think I'm not just in a plateau phase but have maxed out with the current protocol and won't see any changes until the Week 20 Advanced Speed Development training.

Has anyone tried the ASD tests and incorporated the training into their normal routine?

We aren’t suppose to do that until week 20. I think the tests are new so the veteran SuperSpeed folks that are adding their input wouldn’t know about those tests.

I’m excited to reach week 20 to add variety to my workouts. It’s pouring rain out today. This is perhaps the wettest winter since I moved to Florida - usually I’m looking forward to extra distance off the tee by now - my back yard water way is almost over the bank. That only happens if there is a tropical storm. It’s crazy - kind of like your numbers - really nice.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

I think there is going to come a time where we all reach a maximum increase for our training club swings. I don't really see this as an issue though. As long as our training swings are still faster than our driver and we are still gaining driver swing speed, does it really matter if we aren't seeing a big increase in the maximum training club swings? We are swinging our drivers on the course, not the training clubs, so I don't see a reason to over emphasize these numbers. Now that the Stage 2 reviews are done, I'm wondering if I just want to move towards mainly tracking driver speed and cutting back on tracking the training clubs.

Talked to Daisy and she said it’s perfectly fine to start the ASD sessions before week 20. Not sure how I’m going to do the turf test with a foot of snow coming tonight but I’ll figure something out.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

19 hours ago, Kegger said:

I think there is going to come a time where we all reach a maximum increase for our training club swings. I don't really see this as an issue though. As long as our training swings are still faster than our driver and we are still gaining driver swing speed, does it really matter if we aren't seeing a big increase in the maximum training club swings? We are swinging our drivers on the course, not the training clubs, so I don't see a reason to over emphasize these numbers. Now that the Stage 2 reviews are done, I'm wondering if I just want to move towards mainly tracking driver speed and cutting back on tracking the training clubs.

I agree that there will be (and probably we are about there) a cap to how fast we can swing those training clubs without improving our golf swings and of course there will be a cap even with an efficient swing.  At 62 and 5'9" 165, a husband, father who works 50 hours a week, there's a limit to how fast I can swing a golf club that will be lower than that of a finely tuned professional athlete in his 20's or 30's whose sole job is to prepare to play and then play competitive golf.

Having written that I think it will always be extremely important to track training club speeds even if the tracking is informal - keep the radar set up because it forces you to try and beat that last number which means swinging fast.  Keep swinging fast with the training club and the gap between that and the real club will lessen - that's the goal here. 

In regards to the physical tracking SuperSpeed has asked us to do it so that they may gather data - at least Daisy made that comment to me in an email when I sent her my last round of data - while we certainly aren't obligated to continue tracking or even doing the protocols past this point they have gone above and beyond in their service to us IMO so I intend to help them (and myself) by gathering the data and sending it in at the end of each level and until they say, "No mas!"

I'm especially interested to see how mixing in that drill for swing sequencing will work out starting in week 20 - swing sequencing has often been a downfall for me and even when I'm playing well it tends to be the issue that creeps into my swing - all the parts are there - they just aren't happening in the right order for some reason or another.  That and fitness have done me in over the years - I've addressed the fitness part pretty well (and will continue to do so).  So lets see how this goes! 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

16 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Talked to Daisy and she said it’s perfectly fine to start the ASD sessions before week 20. Not sure how I’m going to do the turf test with a foot of snow coming tonight but I’ll figure something out.

What are the ASD sessions?

1 hour ago, Mike Lambert said:

What are the ASD sessions?

These are the focused protocols that we've been talking about.  SuperSpeed has identified three common swing flaws that inhibit club head speed.  When they are working with their professional clients they have high tech ways of testing for those flaws.  They've actually developed simpler tests that we are able to perform at home.

There are three ASD (Advanced Speed Development) protocols each meant to address the swing flaws of poor turf interaction, swing sequencing issues or lag issues.  With as gracious as SuperSpeed has been I'm sure that they would email the at home tests for you that or you could ask your teacher (if you have one.)  My teacher had no problem telling me which one to do - he was very impressed by it actually - the drill that he gave me has me trying to hit fades from a feet together closed stance with a 7 iron to start - if I can do that I get to move up all the way to fairway wood - the divot and the ball most start left and curve right - no cheating by hitting a block fade allowed.  I've gotten much better at that drill since the kneel down swings started - the ASD 2 that I'm going to start is kneel down on steroids. 

Break out the Greek Yogurt for that!

BTW Daisy told me not to start until week 20 so she must like you Bucky! 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches