Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

3 hours ago, donyell94 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf on and off for 14 years. I recently started playing twice a month and hitting the range about twice a week. My handicap right now is 14.8.

What do you love about golf? 

I love the challenge that golf brings. I love competing and in golf it feels like I am constantly trying to figure out new ways to hit a shot.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I really don't know many golfers in my area and I would love to hear opinions on clubs and things people did to improve. I currently don't know any other spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Tennessee and my home course is Swan Lake.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best and worst is the weather. We will have great weather and be able to golf with great weather for weeks and then big storm or courses close for the winter. 

What do you do for a living?

Currently a counselor working specifically with couples and families, but working on starting a small business.

How’d you pick your user name? 

My middle name and initials. 

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Welcome aboard @donyell94

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

How long have you been playing golf? Just over a year.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I don’t have an official handicap, it’s definitely something I need to do but based on what I’ve read on how to calculate it’s around 14.

What do you love about golf? The way it keeps me coming back. Even if I’m having a terrible round, I’ll hit one beautiful shot that went exactly where I intended and it gets me right back in it. I also enjoy that while I’m playing I’m not thinking about work or anything really except hitting the ball, it’s really almost like therapy to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A MyGolfSpy post popped up on my instagram feed “testers wanted”, which is an amazing concept. Also, besides my wife, I don’t really know any other golfers so it seemed like a good place to connect with people who want to talk about the same thing as me: GOLF. Don’t know any other spies yet.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Concord, NC but I’ve been living in Thomasville, GA for about 4 years. I moved here for work. I recently became a member of the local course, Country Oaks Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is definitely I can play basically year a round and the worst would be the summer heat. South Georgia is rather hot so I book the earliest tee times.

What do you do for a living? I’m an operations supervisor for a manufacturing facility that makes golf cart accessories.

How’d you pick your user name? It’s kinda my go to for social media. I think they’re all some sort of variation.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I don’t have an official handicap, it’s definitely something I need to do but based on what I’ve read on how to calculate it’s around 14.

What do you love about golf? The way it keeps me coming back. Even if I’m having a terrible round, I’ll hit one beautiful shot that went exactly where I intended and it gets me right back in it. I also enjoy that while I’m playing I’m not thinking about work or anything really except hitting the ball, it’s really almost like therapy to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A MyGolfSpy post popped up on my instagram feed “testers wanted”, which is an amazing concept. Also, besides my wife, I don’t really know any other golfers so it seemed like a good place to connect with people who want to talk about the same thing as me: GOLF. Don’t know any other spies yet.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Concord, NC but I’ve been living in Thomasville, GA for about 4 years. I moved here for work. I recently became a member of the local course, Country Oaks Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is definitely I can play basically year a round and the worst would be the summer heat. South Georgia is rather hot so I book the earliest tee times.

What do you do for a living? I’m an operations supervisor for a manufacturing facility that makes golf cart accessories.

How’d you pick your user name? It’s kinda my go to for social media. I think they’re all some sort of variation.

Rocky

Rocky

1 minute ago, Rlgregg3232 said:

Welcome… 

3 hours ago, Rlgregg3232 said:

Welcome to the Forum!

3 hours ago, Rlgregg3232 said:

Welcome to the site!  I'm in Alabama, just over the Chattahoochee river, a little over 2 hours from you!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Welcome to all the new members! Hope you love it here as much as us regulars!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

On 5/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, donyell94 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf on and off for 14 years. I recently started playing twice a month and hitting the range about twice a week. My handicap right now is 14.8.

What do you love about golf? 

I love the challenge that golf brings. I love competing and in golf it feels like I am constantly trying to figure out new ways to hit a shot.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I really don't know many golfers in my area and I would love to hear opinions on clubs and things people did to improve. I currently don't know any other spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Tennessee and my home course is Swan Lake.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best and worst is the weather. We will have great weather and be able to golf with great weather for weeks and then big storm or courses close for the winter. 

What do you do for a living?

Currently a counselor working specifically with couples and families, but working on starting a small business.

How’d you pick your user name? 

My middle name and initials. 

I'm new to MyGolfSpy and Swan Lake has been my home course my entire golf career. Know that course too well.

Caleb C.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3

Fairway Woods: Titeist 915 3 wood & 3 hybrid 

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 4-PW with KBS tour shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, CCorley99 said:

I'm new to MyGolfSpy and Swan Lake has been my home course my entire golf career. Know that course too well.

Welcome to the Forum!

Hello all!! Super excited to get involved in this golf community. 

How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf since I was 5 years old. Competitively since I was 12 years old. Well over a decade.

What’s your handicap or normal score? My normal score range is high 70s to low 80s. But I am no stranger to the occasional very low round or "this is the worst game on the planet" round.

What do you love about golf? It has been my #1 hobby for a very long time. I enjoy everything about golf starting with the escape from reality to just being outside. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Years ago, I worked in the pro shop at my local country club. I was fascinating with the constant release of new equipment and the changing technology of golf. Since I am no longer working at a course, I have lost touch with new tech, equipment, clubs, etc. I want to get back into being up to date on the best stuff the golf world has to offer. I do not know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Tennessee born and raised. Home courses are Swan Lake and Clarksville Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best: great courses everywhere with a range in cost to play and quality. Places for championship caliber golf and the cheap quick round to make the wife not as mad. The worst: Tennessee winters can get brutal and kill everything. As courses begin to bounce back, everything could freeze again. The first few months of every golf season usually involve heavy course maintenance.

What do you do for a living? Currently a student dentist working on my D.D.S.. Golf is a cornerstone of my future career. 

How’d you pick your user name? Have used variations of this username for forever.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to being involved!! Enjoy this picture of me with my first set of Dunlop Locos! 

IMG_6080.jpeg

Caleb C.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3

Fairway Woods: Titeist 915 3 wood & 3 hybrid 

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 4-PW with KBS tour shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

37 minutes ago, CCorley99 said:

Hello all!! Super excited to get involved in this golf community. 

How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf since I was 5 years old. Competitively since I was 12 years old. Well over a decade.

What’s your handicap or normal score? My normal score range is high 70s to low 80s. But I am no stranger to the occasional very low round or "this is the worst game on the planet" round.

What do you love about golf? It has been my #1 hobby for a very long time. I enjoy everything about golf starting with the escape from reality to just being outside. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Years ago, I worked in the pro shop at my local country club. I was fascinating with the constant release of new equipment and the changing technology of golf. Since I am no longer working at a course, I have lost touch with new tech, equipment, clubs, etc. I want to get back into being up to date on the best stuff the golf world has to offer. I do not know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Tennessee born and raised. Home courses are Swan Lake and Clarksville Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best: great courses everywhere with a range in cost to play and quality. Places for championship caliber golf and the cheap quick round to make the wife not as mad. The worst: Tennessee winters can get brutal and kill everything. As courses begin to bounce back, everything could freeze again. The first few months of every golf season usually involve heavy course maintenance.

What do you do for a living? Currently a student dentist working on my D.D.S.. Golf is a cornerstone of my future career. 

How’d you pick your user name? Have used variations of this username for forever.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to being involved!! Enjoy this picture of me with my first set of Dunlop Locos! 

IMG_6080.jpeg

Welcome to MGS!!!

Welcome @CCorley99!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5