Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. Been playing since middle school way back when. Started off like most ppl with some used clubs from garage sale. At one time I had an actual wooden wood that I played with, it didn't last long, but I have used one. 
Best round - 86
Normal run of the mill weekend between 95-115(wide margin I know but it all depends on how I am feeling/swinging that day)

2. Just getting out and about doing something different and hanging out with friends. I can be having the worst day or the best day imaginable, either way still enjoy getting out and seeing whats what

3. One of my buddies told me about this and how you can get clubs to test out and you actually get to keep them afterwards. Plus all the helpful tips and practice information that available. He strongly has encouraged me to look at the practice tips and tricks portion. Also said if I am not going to upgrade my clubs, I should at least try the lottery testing 

4. College station, TX and home course Phillips Event Center Bryan, TX

5. Locally there is only two open courses to play, and three REALLY nice course that are members only which sucks. Great weather most of the year, but the summer time you can get beat down REAL quick in the heat of the day. 

6. GIS work for the local University

Murphy, Derek

Hello all,

1. I have been playing golf seriously for about 4 years. My Handicap is 7. I used to play baseball professionally so it was a natural crossover.

2. I love that the sports I have competitively done in the past (MMA and Baseball) are go go go whereas golf forces me to slow down and realize that I cannot force results. It is all about repetition and mental commitment instead of physical commitment. 

3. I do not know any other spies but I use MGS for all my data intake so it was just natural that i signed up for the forum finally.

4. I am from Farmington, NM but will be moving back to Fort Worth Tx very soon. My home course in NM is Pinon Hills and my home course in TX is Diamond Oaks.

5. Best thing about golf in Tx is the weather plain and simple. I also love golfing in the harder conditions in the winter so I would say that there is no cons other than the hottest times of year it is hard to keep conditions optimal.

6. I do sales and safety for an oil and gas company.

7. I have been using this username since I had it as a login in middle school.

Edited by dmoreno868
Grammar

:titleist-small:TSI3 Hazardous Green 70 G X Driver

:callaway-small: Maverick Sub Zero 3 wood Rogue Aldila X 130 MSI

:taylormade-small: Original P790 2 Iron Hazardous 100 X

:mizuno-small: MP18 SC 4-P KBS 130 X

:mizuno-small: S18 Gunmetal 50 and 55 KBS 130 X

:mizuno-small: S23 60

:taylormade-small: Spider EX Putter

• 4 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? About 20 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

Just getting back into the game. Recent scores in the 90's after a long break (10 years).

What do you love about golf?

Getting outdoors, and competing with friends. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Some of the best reviews from members and great information in general. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Dallas Tx, and Waters Creek municipal course. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: The opportunity to play year round.

Worst: Pace of play and weather. 

What do you do for a living?

Outdoor industry / ecommerce. 

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my name.

Edited by ipaul

Just getting back into the game after a long break.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 23 years
  2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 4.7
  3. What do you love about golf? The challenge of always trying to beat yourself and the course
  4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? To connect and learn with other golfers
  5. Do you already know any other Spies? No I don't
  6. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in Austin, TX. I play whatever course I'm able to get on
  7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The heat, and the business.
  8. What do you do for a living? I'm an auto body technician
  9. How’d you pick your user name? It's a shortened version of my name

Mizuno ST200 driver, SUB70 3 wood, Titleist T100 irons, Cleveland RTX wedges, and Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven putter

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

On and off for the past 12 years, but I got really into it during Covid. Haven't had time to play much this season, but in the early summer, I was starting to shoot in the mid-80s with some better and some worse rounds

It's been an opportunity to spend time with my family, all of whom live in the area and play golf. 

Saw a few articles, but it wasn't until the first ball test that I got really interested. Followed content since, but now I'm wanting to become more involved as I've moved back to the area for good. 

The only other spy I know of runs Watches of Espionage.

From and have since returned to Austin Tx. - lived in Dallas for several years recently; home course is Barton Creek Country Club 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Mild winters and beautiful landscapes, but there's obviously the heat of summer and how expensive golf is in Austin

Investment Management

It's me

Driver: Taylormade sim2 -w- ventus blue x-stiff 

Driving Iron: Mizuno hot metal pro 4 iron

Irons: 4-gap Mizuno JPX Tour

Wedges: Mizuno 54 and 58 degree wedges

• 4 weeks later...

Playing about 40 years (since I was 6 years old).  Played some college golf and worked as a PGA Assistant / club pro as I completed by undergrad degree.  Once I graduated and got a job consistent with my degree, got married & started a family, I stepped away from golf only playing a few times per year - primarily in corporate scramble events.  Kids are older and more time allowed me to start getting back in to it over the past couple years.  Handicap is back to around scratch (0) and recent rounds have been anywhere from high 60's to mid 70's.

The challenge that you're constantly playing within yourself - knowing  your limitations and pushing them to next level - and that there's always something to improve on, physically and mentally.  Once you think you've got it and everything is in sync, something overcorrects and needs to be tweaked.  It's the perfect game of imperfections.

Found when researching comparisons with iron shafts.  Trolled around and became interested in getting involved.

Originally from Dallas, TX area, but recently relocated to Amarillo, TX.  Don't have a home course yet.  Just playing Canyon CC and multiple public courses for now.

Weather allows for year-round playability in several parts of the region.  Wide variety of course terrains, difficulties, etc.  Some of the best courses and hidden gems in the nation.

Financial/accounting management & support within the construction industry.

Been using for years.

• Driver:  Titleist TSr3 - 9 degree - Tensei 1K Black 65G - X
  • Fairway:  Titleist TSr2 - 15 degree - GD Tour AD BB 7 - X
  • Fairway: Titleist TSi2 - 21 degree - Tensei AV Raw Blue - S
  • Irons:  Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120 - S
  • Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.08F, 54.12D, 58.12D)
  • Putter:  Scotty Cameron Futura (2005)
  • Ball:  Srixon Z-Star Diamond (2023)
  • Bag:  Titleist Hybird 14 (2023)

Hello all.  I love golf and getting into it more.  Current bag is 

Cobra LTDx 9° Driver with Aldila Rogue Silver shaft

Cobra LTDx 3 wood with Aldila Rogue Silver shaft

Taylormade Stealth 2 4 hybrid with C Taper stiff shaft

Taylormade Stealth irons with C Taper stiff shafts

Cleveland wedges and Cleveland Frontline putter

Woo Pig

• 2 weeks later...

Playing for about 28 years took it on seriously after high school and have be come a 1x to 2x a month golfer since son was born.

The ability for it to be kind and cruel all in the same round. I.E. shooting 47 on the front 9 and then shooting 34 on the back 9.

have known about the site through YouTube and occasional research. I don't know any other spies.

Live between Austin and Georgetown Tx.  Don't have a home course just playing different course I can get on to.

My area has a lot of golf courses but prices for public courses that aren't in private course conditions are on the rise which makes it hard to stomach the price to play and have the round take 5hrs.

Finance in the cyber security industry

WITB:

Driver: Paradym TC head loft at 10.5 with a Graphite Design UB-6S

Fairway Woods: Paradym TD 13.5+ with Ventus TR7X, Paradym TC head loft at 18 with Tensi Blue 1k 80S

Hybrid: Paradym 4 Hybrid lofted to 22 with Ventus HB-8X

Irons:  2024 Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW with Dynamic gold Mid-flight 115 x100 shafts

Wedges: Callaway Black Jaws 50&54 with Dynamic gold Mid-Flight Tour Issue S400, 58 with dynamic gold spinner

Putters: 2022 Toulon Las Vegas, AI-Milled Three T S

Bag: Callaway Ana Majors Bag

Ball: Chrome Soft X

Edited by Charles Guidry

Driver: TaylorMade QI 10 LS 9* playing 8.25* stock shaft currently

Fairway wood: 2023 TaylorMade Mini Driver 13.5* playing 12*, Shaft: Ventus blue TR 7S, QI tour 18* playing 17* stock shaft currently.

Irons: Edel SMS Pros 4-PW with LA Golf A Series 105 S 

Wedges: TM MG4 48* Axiom 125X), TM MG4 TW 56 playing 55* with Axiom 125X, MG4 TW 60 Stock Shaft 

Putter: LAB DF 2.1 with Stability Shaft; TaylorMade TP Juno

5 hours ago, Charles Guidry said:

Playing for about 28 years took it on seriously after high school and have be come a 1x to 2x a month golfer since son was born.

The ability for it to be kind and cruel all in the same round. I.E. shooting 47 on the front 9 and then shooting 34 on the back 9.

have known about the site through YouTube and occasional research. I don't know any other spies.

Live between Austin and Georgetown Tx.  Don't have a home course just playing different course I can get on to.

My area has a lot of golf courses but prices for public courses that aren't in private course conditions are on the rise which makes it hard to stomach the price to play and have the round take 5hrs.

Finance in the cyber security industry

WITB:

Driver: Paradym TC head loft at 10.5 with a Graphite Design UB-6S

Fairway Woods: Paradym TD 13.5+ with Ventus TR7X, Paradym TC head loft at 18 with Tensi Blue 1k 80S

Hybrid: Paradym 4 Hybrid lofted to 22 with Ventus HB-8X

Irons:  2024 Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW with Dynamic gold Mid-flight 115 x100 shafts

Wedges: Callaway Black Jaws 50&54 with Dynamic gold Mid-Flight Tour Issue S400, 58 with dynamic gold spinner

Putters: 2022 Toulon Las Vegas, AI-Milled Three T S

Bag: Callaway Ana Majors Bag

Ball: Chrome Soft X

Welcome!  I'm out of the Austin area as well. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Hey everyone, I'm Carter!

How long have you been playing golf?

Going on 13 years now. I'll be 46 this month so I started pretty late.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

My current index is a 16, but I've been as low as 7. I fell away from the game for a couple years and my game really suffered, but have come back with a vengeance in 2023. 

There's so much... I love how challenging it is, how many different aspects there are in the game to practice, and how each round is it's own animal. I love that it's an outdoor activity that I can play with family and friends. And I love that it's an activity I will be able to play for the rest of my life.

I've read reviews and research from MGS since I started golf, but never dug further into the site to discover that forums existed. Unfortunately I don't know any other spies, but I hope that will change. 

I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas home of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks (Go Hogs!). We are members at Paradise Valley Golf and Athletic Club. 

I think the best thing living in this region is that, being in the South, golf is a year round activity. I like playing even when the temps get in the 30s. I guess the worst part... it can get awfully windy in the Ozarks. 

I'm the operations manager/systems administrator for a botanical garden.

Ha! My wife likes to call me her silver fox so it stuck.

Photos! 

My wife likes to play a little so we took our anniversary trip to Big Cedar in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri to play the TGR Designs course "Payne's Valley". It was one of if not the most spectacular golf course I've ever played. 

PXL_20231112_215653048.jpg

PXL_20231112_165650513.jpg

PXL_20231112_214843127.jpg

PXL_20231112_221905196.jpg

PXL_20231112_175534251.jpg

PXL_20231112_213204007.jpg

PXL_20231112_215824700.jpg

PXL_20231112_174321567.jpg

PXL_20231112_221404197.jpg

PXL_20231112_221808826.jpg

PXL_20231112_212709740.jpg

PXL_20231112_221553818.jpg

PXL_20231112_221508774.jpg

PXL_20231112_210052139.jpg

PXL_20231112_220533323.jpg

PXL_20231112_220837919.jpg

PXL_20231112_220124899.jpg

Edited by Silver Fawkes

Carter the Silver Fox

PSX_20231214_192649.jpg.aebe9fac8a381499f3eba7dcb387a3bf.jpg Ping g400 - Driver, 3w, 7w, 4h

PSX_20231214_192616.png.8617e3838f8e076e5f8589adeda429f0.png Mizuno CLK 5H/MP-18 irons

PSX_20231214_192537.png.23ec9b7c1971db968afd3a07d3b37884.png Edel wedges and putter

2 minutes ago, Silver Fawkes said:

Hey everyone, I'm Carter!

How long have you been playing golf?

Going on 13 years now. I'll be 46 this month so I started pretty late.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

My current index is a 16, but I've been as low as 7. I fell away from the game for a couple years and my game really suffered, but have come back with a vengeance in 2023. 

There's so much... I love how challenging it is, how many different aspects there are in the game to practice, and how each round is it's own animal. I love that it's an outdoor activity that I can play with family and friends. And I love that it's an activity I will be able to play for the rest of my life.

I've read reviews and research from MGS since I started golf, but never dug further into the site to discover that forums existed. Unfortunately I don't know any other spies, but I hope that will change. 

I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas home of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks (Go Hogs!). We are members at Paradise Valley Golf and Athletic Club. 

I think the best thing living in this region is that, being in the South, golf is a year round activity. I like playing even when the temps get in the 30s. I guess the worst part... it can get awfully windy in the Ozarks. 

I'm the operations manager/systems administrator for a botanical garden.

Ha! My wife likes to call me her silver fox so it stuck.

Welcome!  

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since childhood (however didn't take it seriously until college; 7.0

What do you love about golf? The difficulty, problem solving, and comradery. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Would love to test equipment and find feedback on other equipment.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Mississippi, Deerfield CC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing: long season for golf due to higher temps, worst thing: also, the higher temps (100+ degrees in september)

What do you do for a living? Doctor of Physical Therapy

How’d you pick your user name? It felt right

golfgiphy2.jpg

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Played a little as a kid growing up, but nothing serious. Started to play frequently once I got a job. Took an unintentional 3-4 years off after an injury and having kids. Got back into it in a huge way in 2023 and Loving it more than ever. Currently sitting around a 13 index and working on getting that down now that I got some new sticks (PXG gen 6 for everything but the driver ... .still working with a Taylormade Burner 2.0 for like 2010)

What do you love about golf? The challenge it gives you every shot and the rewards amazing....yet can be very humbling

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? product reviews and information .

Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently in San Antonio, TX .. home course(s) Alamo Trail stuff. Previously in Middle Georgia for about 10 years

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Good = can play pretty much year round, especially if you don't mind playing in some triple digit hear. Bad - 10 minute intervals for tee times makes it get too crowded and take too long to get a round in

What do you do for a living? Aerospace Engineering

How’d you pick your user name? Twitter name

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: PXG 0311BlackOps

Wood: PXG 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: PXG Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: PXG Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

Arccos User

26 minutes ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Played a little as a kid growing up, but nothing serious. Started to play frequently once I got a job. Took an unintentional 3-4 years off after an injury and having kids. Got back into it in a huge way in 2023 and Loving it more than ever. Currently sitting around a 13 index and working on getting that down now that I got some new sticks (PXG gen 6 for everything but the driver ... .still working with a Taylormade Burner 2.0 for like 2010)

What do you love about golf? The challenge it gives you every shot and the rewards amazing....yet can be very humbling

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? product reviews and information .

Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently in San Antonio, TX .. home course(s) Alamo Trail stuff. Previously in Middle Georgia for about 10 years

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Good = can play pretty much year round, especially if you don't mind playing in some triple digit hear. Bad - 10 minute intervals for tee times makes it get too crowded and take too long to get a round in

What do you do for a living? Aerospace Engineering

How’d you pick your user name? Twitter name

Welcome!  I'm out of the Austin area. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 60th year playing and 5.4 index

What do you love about golf? It clears my mind like nothing else. The challenge, and concentration required to play well, helps to eliminate the stresses of everyday life. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Seemed to be filled with like minded golf junkies.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Hutto, TX The Golf Club at Star Ranch

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Year round play is great (even in summer at 100+ degrees), the usual, pace of play. 

What do you do for a living? I sell cars and preparing to retire.

How’d you pick your user name? Long story from decades ago.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth+ 9* UST Proforce V2 HL

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed 5 wood  Evenflo Riptide CB

Hybrids: Taylormade Sim Max 19* and 22*  Fujikura Vista Pro

Irons: Cobra F8  5-GW Fujikura Vista Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 54* and 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 

Ball: Pro V

5.1 Index

7 minutes ago, 5Iron said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 60th year playing and 5.4 index

What do you love about golf? It clears my mind like nothing else. The challenge, and concentration required to play well, helps to eliminate the stresses of everyday life. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Seemed to be filled with like minded golf junkies.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Hutto, TX The Golf Club at Star Ranch

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Year round play is great (even in summer at 100+ degrees), the usual, pace of play. 

What do you do for a living? I sell cars and preparing to retire.

How’d you pick your user name? Long story from decades ago.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth+ 9* UST Proforce V2 HL

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed 5 wood  Evenflo Riptide CB

Hybrids: Taylormade Sim Max 19* and 22*  Fujikura Vista Pro

Irons: Cobra F8  5-GW Fujikura Vista Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 54* and 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 

Ball: Pro V

Welcome!  I'm out in Lago. 

Good morning, everybody!

Since college, but I returned to golf in Summer of 2023 after about a 5-year hiatus. Handicap is 3.9. 

The constant challenge, that one shot or hole that fires you up to come back, and the correlation to so many things in life. 

Stumbled across the site by way of review articles. No other spies known. 

Austin, TX. No home course anymore, but I typically rotate through our muni courses.

There are some awesome courses in our area, and you can play year-round. That being said, demand is greater than the supply as of late, so it is hard to get a tee time these days. 

Public sector data science. 

How’d you pick your username?
It’s a play on the real thing. 

Ping G30 9* w/ Diamana Ahina 70 S
Callaway X Hot 15*
Taylormade Tour Preferred MB 3-PW
Titleist SM4 52* and 58*
SeeMore Model C 35"

9 minutes ago, Boldgolf said:

Good morning, everybody!

Since college, but I returned to golf in Summer of 2023 after about a 5-year hiatus. Handicap is 3.9. 

The constant challenge, that one shot or hole that fires you up to come back, and the correlation to so many things in life. 

Stumbled across the site by way of review articles. No other spies known. 

Austin, TX. No home course anymore, but I typically rotate through our muni courses.

There are some awesome courses in our area, and you can play year-round. That being said, demand is greater than the supply as of late, so it is hard to get a tee time these days. 

Public sector data science. 

How’d you pick your username?
It’s a play on the real thing. 

Welcome form another Austin member 

Hello everyone! Glad to be here and get more into the golf world. If you live in the NWA area, let me know and lets go play!

- I started playing when the Pandemic hit in 2020 and fell in love with the game. I am currently a 7.6 HCP and shoot between 82-86

-I played Baseball in college and the mental game between the two sports is very similar. I love competition and golf now allows me to compete outside of work.

-I have followed MGS for a few years and figured I'd see more of what they're about, hopefully make some new friends on the way.

-I am currently in Fayetteville, Arkansas and my home course is Paradise Valley

- I have a love hate relationship with the tree lined and narrow holes of the Ozarks. But I think my favorite thing about this area is the mild temps, except for Summer that is!

- I work for Tyson Foods and implement HR and Payroll solutions.

- It is my default for almost every social media.

7.6 hcp, Former Baseball Player

WITB

Driver - Callaway PDTD 9.0 Graphite Design Tour XC 7X

3 Wood- Taylormade SIM 15.0 Graphite Design Tour AD 7x

5 Wood - Callaway APEX UW 19 Graphite Design Tour AD 8x

Irons - Taylormade P790 4/5, P770 6-P, P760 G

Wedges - Mizuno S23 54/10, T24 58/6

Putter - Mizuno TP Mills Notchback 37" W/ Golf Pride Informer grip

Ball - Titleist AVX 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing golf since high school but only a few rounds a year. Within the last year I’ve gotten more serious and play or practice at least weekly. Handicap went from the 20s to 11 in the last year and a half. Personal best round was 2 weeks ago with a 81.

It’s just me and the course so regardless if I play well or poorly it’s all on me. Plus getting outdoors and exercise for a few hours is an added bonus.

Always browsed the website but recently found the forum researching some clubs. The reviews from “average” golfers and not just the Rick Shiels of the world is what I’m most interested in. Don’t know any Spies that I know of.

Currently living in Edmond, OK. My home course is Kickingbird Golf Course

Best thing is being able to play year round. Worst part is the summer heat and humidity. 

I am a Public Health Technician in the Air Force. 

Who doesn’t love a good breakfast ball. And 15 was my jersey number in baseball growing up. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello new friends! Long time follower, first time user.

I have been golfing for about 10 years. I played baseball growing up, and my dad was always against golf and baseball going together. I started out as just a fun hobby. I quickly began getting more competitive. Over the last 5 years or so, I have really strived to play more competitive golf. I am currently a scratch golfer. Well my GHIN index says +1.6, but I am not truly that good. I mainly play most my rounds at my home course. I feel our index is off on the GHIN. I have been struggling a little over the last 9 months. My typical scores can be anywhere from 70-78. Its so stinking hard to raise a GHIN handicap haha.

What I love most about golf is that its NOT a team sport. There's nothing wrong with team sports, but I like that I am in total control. I cant blame someone else. If I fail I fail alone; if I succeed, I take the recognition.

I have frequented the MGS world, but never posted. I recently decided to create an account and jump into the MGS world. I currently do NOT know any spies.

Starkville, MS. Home course is Starkville Country Club.

The best thing about golfing in my region is that we get to play golf year round for the most part. Our temps may get to green covering temps a few times over the course of the year. For the most part, we golf year round. The worst part about playing in my region is the summer heat and humidity. The bulk of our tournament season it 100+ heat index. 

I am a nuclear researcher for Mississippi State University. 

Simple, my user name is my first initial followed by last name.

Z.P.

On 3/4/2024 at 10:35 AM, ZPhillips said:

Hello new friends! Long time follower, first time user.

I have been golfing for about 10 years. I played baseball growing up, and my dad was always against golf and baseball going together. I started out as just a fun hobby. I quickly began getting more competitive. Over the last 5 years or so, I have really strived to play more competitive golf. I am currently a scratch golfer. Well my GHIN index says +1.6, but I am not truly that good. I mainly play most my rounds at my home course. I feel our index is off on the GHIN. I have been struggling a little over the last 9 months. My typical scores can be anywhere from 70-78. Its so stinking hard to raise a GHIN handicap haha.

What I love most about golf is that its NOT a team sport. There's nothing wrong with team sports, but I like that I am in total control. I cant blame someone else. If I fail I fail alone; if I succeed, I take the recognition.

I have frequented the MGS world, but never posted. I recently decided to create an account and jump into the MGS world. I currently do NOT know any spies.

Starkville, MS. Home course is Starkville Country Club.

The best thing about golfing in my region is that we get to play golf year round for the most part. Our temps may get to green covering temps a few times over the course of the year. For the most part, we golf year round. The worst part about playing in my region is the summer heat and humidity. The bulk of our tournament season it 100+ heat index. 

I am a nuclear researcher for Mississippi State University. 

Simple, my user name is my first initial followed by last name.

Hail State. (Dad went there, I ended up at Auburn)

Arccos User

So many Austin folks here. 

Just curious, has anybody played The Bandit Course (little south of New Braunfels).

Looks like a fun track but don't know anybody in my area (San Antonio) that have played it yet.

Arccos User

How long have you been playing golf? About 15 years

What’s your handicap or normal score? My swing (I got jokes) average about 95.

What do you love about golf? That one shot after hacking it up all day. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Id love to try new gear out.  Do you already know any other Spies? Negative

Where are you from? GP, TEXAS

What is your home course?  PRAIRIE LAKES

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? ITS HOT 🔥 in the summer. Cart girls.. lol

What do you do for a living? Finance underwriting 

How’d you pick your user name?  It's a nickname from forever ago

Robert Crowley 

Golfer

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Id love to try new gear out.  Do you already know any other Spies? Negative

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? ITS HOT 🔥 in the summer. Cart girls.. lol

Robert Crowley 

Golfer

14 minutes ago, robbler said:

Welcome!

I started working at a driving range for a buddy. He needed someone to drive the manual shift golf cart to pick balls. This was in the summer of 2017. So this will be my 7th year of golf. I'm currently a 4.1 handicap.

Golf is such a mental sport. It tests your ability to not dwell on the past and instead move forward and focus on what is next.

I've been on MyGolfSpy for awhile, using reviews and information to help guide some purchases. I'm just starting to get more into the forum part. I do not know any other Spies but hopefully will find a few in the area to play some golf with.

I'm originally from Ohio and just moved to East Dallas last summer. I am currently a member at Buffalo Creek Golf Club in Rockwall, Texas.

The best thing is that you can play golf year round here. It is really never too cold. The worst thing is that the weather is really unpredictable. The conditions of heat or rain hurt the fairways and greens and sometimes cause some difficult conditions to play in.

I am in education. Trying to help young minds understand the importance of work ethic and drive. 

My username has been this ever since college. Just the nickname that has stuck with me and all my friends back home in Ohio call me by.

Edited by Swaggy_H8

Ai Smoke Max 10.5* |  Ventus TR Blue 7x

HL 16.5* |  Speeder NX Green 6s

Apex UW 19* |  Ventus TR Red 6s

ZX7 Mk ii 4-PW |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120x

MG4 50-54-58 |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120s

Edel EAS 1.5/ Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

2 hours ago, Swaggy_H8 said:

I started working at a driving range for a buddy. He needed someone to drive the manual shift golf cart to pick balls. This was in the summer of 2017. So this will be my 7th year of golf. I'm currently a 4.1 handicap.

Golf is such a mental sport. It tests your ability to not dwell on the past and instead move forward and focus on what is next.

I've been on MyGolfSpy for awhile, using reviews and information to help guide some purchases. I'm just starting to get more into the forum part. I do not know any other Spies but hopefully will find a few in the area to play some golf with.

I'm originally from Ohio and just moved to East Dallas last summer. I am currently a member at Buffalo Creek Golf Club in Rockwall, Texas.

The best thing is that you can play golf year round here. It is really never too cold. The worst thing is that the weather is really unpredictable. The conditions of heat or rain hurt the fairways and greens and sometimes cause some difficult conditions to play in.

I am in education. Trying to help young minds understand the importance of work ethic and drive. 

My username has been this ever since college. Just the nickname that has stuck with me and all my friends back home in Ohio call me by.

Welcome!

32 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Welcome!

Appreciate it! Looking forward to the community!!!

Ai Smoke Max 10.5* |  Ventus TR Blue 7x

HL 16.5* |  Speeder NX Green 6s

Apex UW 19* |  Ventus TR Red 6s

ZX7 Mk ii 4-PW |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120x

MG4 50-54-58 |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120s

Edel EAS 1.5/ Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s