Jump to content
Testers Wanted: Star Grips! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY


Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Recommended Posts

On 11/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, dlow206 said:

Hi everyone,

I am a new member on the forum, but am a frequent visitor to the site and occasional lurker in the forum. I live in the Bothell/Mill Creek area in WA. 

I consider myself an "aspiring golfer", and am finally taking golf seriously. I first started playing golf at the age of 9, and was a pretty good golfer for a kid that age. My best score at that time was 96, which I considered respectable for being 9 years old. However, I only played for about a year or so and then focused on other sports and hobbies.

I then tried to pick up golfing again in my early 20s, but that lasted only for about a year as well. At that time I was shooting in the low 100s, worse than when I was younger. 

I am now 35 and am taking golf seriously. I started taking regular lessons at Golftec since August, but have only gotten on the course once since I started playing again. I struggle with being reluctant to play on a course until I feel comfortable that I can play "well". Part of my issue is that none of my friends in the area play golf, and don't feel comfortable getting paired up with other random golfers, especially if they are much better than I am. I don't want to be the one that holds them up. 

In the 9 holes that I played, I shot 51, which is not great. I could have easily saved 4 shots by having better course management and not trying to make boneheaded shots, like trying to hit a big fade around trees. And my short game was poor as well. I know I have a lot to work on, but I believe I will soon be able to consistently break 100 on 18 holes, and then in the future break 90. I see the potential, I just need to continue to make progress.

In terms of equipment, I have a taste for expensive/new equipment. Currently in the bag is a PXG 0811 XF Gen 2 driver, Ping G410 2 hybrid, Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals 5-PW, Vokey wedges, and an old White Hot Sabertooth putter. That putter will soon be upgraded to an Evnroll, I have a fitting scheduled coming up at their HQ in Carlsbad. 

Welcome to the forums!!  Don't worry about not playing well.  Many of us here started like you, and we are still trying to learn this crazy game.  

Please take @Thin2win up on a round somewhere.  He's a great guy!!  I try to get out to meet fellow Spys wherever I travel.  I don't make it over the mountains very often, but I'm always open to playing if I get the chance.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Don't worry about not playing well.  Many of us here started like you, and we are still trying to learn this crazy game.  

Please take @Thin2win up on a round somewhere.  He's a great guy!!  I try to get out to meet fellow Spys wherever I travel.  I don't make it over the mountains very often, but I'm always open to playing if I get the chance.

Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the encouragement.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, Booya said:

Tee when I was younger, I got serious about golf about 3 years ago and I am currently a 12.5 handicap.

2. I love golf because it was something that my dad and I did together when I was growing up, and it was fun spending time on the course with my dad. I also like how golf teaches about life skills that will be beneficial later on in life.

3. I came to MyGolfSpy because I wanted real reviews that I could trust, and that weren’t just lies to sell a product.  I am also interested interested in testing products to see if they meet what manufacturers are saying about their products so people aren’t buying products with high expectations just to be disappointed.

4. I am from Bothell, WA.  My home course is Mill Creek Country Club, but I like to play any other course in the area when I get the chance.

5. One of the best things about golfing in Washington is that

I live not too far from Mill Creek Country Club

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Is anyone here a current member of Mill Creek Country Club?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not aware of any members, at least no one has claimed it. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I'm not aware of any members, at least no one has claimed it. 

Thanks, I know Booya used to be a member so i was able to ask him some questions.

I took a tour today and am planning to join next week.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks, I know Booya used to be a member so i was able to ask him some questions.

I took a tour today and am planning to join next week.

Nice, I've only played it once. What are the dues these days? 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Nice, I've only played it once. What are the dues these days? 

I am in the Young Professional category, so the monthly dues are about $400 if you include all the various fees except for the monthly food allowance. For equity, it is around $600 per month. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am in the Young Professional category, so the monthly dues are about $400 if you include all the various fees except for the monthly food allowance. For equity, it is around $600 per month. 

That's not bad at all. One of my CO workers is a member down at Meridian Valley, so I like playing there. I've looked at Skagit CC because I'm up in Mount Vernon, it is $300 for the young professionals 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, Thin2win said:

That's not bad at all. One of my CO workers is a member down at Meridian Valley, so I like playing there. I've looked at Skagit CC because I'm up in Mount Vernon, it is $300 for the young professionals 

You should come down and play at Mill Creek when the weather gets nicer

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm always game to golf!👍

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'm always game to golf!👍

If you are willing to put up with my terrible game, then you are welcome to come play :). Hopefully I will be improved by the time good weather comes around. The course is very empty right now with the current weather, so I am planning to play as much as possible so I can practice and improve.

Also, if anyone else wants to play at Mill Creek, let me know.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@dlow206, Welcome. Not sure How I missed your original introduction.. My bad.. I live in Monroe. Once the weather get's better and the days get Longer we will have to get together and play.

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

 

 WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Reesedw said:

@dlow206, Welcome. Not sure How I missed your original introduction.. My bad.. I live in Monroe. Once the weather get's better and the days get Longer we will have to get together and play.

For sure, sounds good.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dlow206 said:

If you are willing to put up with my terrible game, then you are welcome to come play :). Hopefully I will be improved by the time good weather comes around. The course is very empty right now with the current weather, so I am planning to play as much as possible so I can practice and improve.

Also, if anyone else wants to play at Mill Creek, let me know.

When the weather gets better, maybe I should make a road trip over the Cascades.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

When the weather gets better, maybe I should make a road trip over the Cascades.

I'm beginning to think that your whole life is just one big golf road trip... I like it. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played at Mill Creek CC today. Wow, am I exhausted. Walked 18 and it was hilly and muddy. Greens were so wet and slow that at some point I stopped putting. It was good practice though.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I played at Mill Creek CC today. Wow, am I exhausted. Walked 18 and it was hilly and muddy. Greens were so wet and slow that at some point I stopped putting. It was good practice though.

Yeah, the whole area needs a week to dry out, very wet lately

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Yeah, the whole area needs a week to dry out, very wet lately

A week to dry out??  LOL try 2-3.. it is SO wet walking through my yard is now an adventure..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

 

 WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Yeah, the whole area needs a week to dry out, very wet lately

 

35 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

A week to dry out??  LOL try 2-3.. it is SO wet walking through my yard is now an adventure..

You guys need to make trip east of the Cascades.  I return from Palm Springs tomorrow, and it will nice and dry when I get there.  65º this Sat if you don't mind a little wind.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kenny B, I would love to but it is SWMBO's birthday weekend.. we are spending a couple of nights Downtown Seattle.. YEAH.... LOL It will be nice.. We will have to figure out a weekend this spring/summer and get together.. Thank you for the Invite.

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

 

 WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kenny B said:

 

You guys need to make trip east of the Cascades.  I return from Palm Springs tomorrow, and it will nice and dry when I get there.  65º this Sat if you don't mind a little wind.

Yep, one big golf vacation... 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf?
    Ive been playing golf my whole life, I grew up a range rat, and my Dad just retired after 40 years as a PGA club pro in Montana.

  2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now I am a 4.  That is upsetting to say because since I was 15 I have been scratch or better.  My normal score is difficult to pinpoint, because it ranges from 68-85.  I haven’t been able to play much golf the past five years.

  3. What do you love about golf?  It has always been my release.  And lately it has been my only exercise.  But mostly I love equipment, always have.  

  4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have been following mygolfspy for some time now it different areas, but finally got into reading your full reviews and found you had forums.  I have been active in forums on golfwrx and Wanted to see what it was all about.  I do not know anyone else.

  5. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am originally from Montana but have lived all over my adult life. Currently I reside in Corvallis, Oregon and my home course (if you could call it that) is Trysting Tree Golf Course.

  6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best- Bandon Dunes  Worst- the best golf is in popular areas only, golf anywhere else is just ok at best.

  7. What do you do for a living?  I am an engineering Manager at a nuclear design firm.

  8. How’d you pick your user name?  It is the same user name I use everywhere but it also has meaning as growing up in Montana you could tell where in the state you were from by the first number on your license plate.  So in my case 7p meant passenger car from Flathead County.

EE127733-0708-4DD6-B2B7-0D732E5049C7.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome. Make yourself at home..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

 

 WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bghanson7p said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf?
    Ive been playing golf my whole life, I grew up a range rat, and my Dad just retired after 40 years as a PGA club pro in Montana.

  2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now I am a 4.  That is upsetting to say because since I was 15 I have been scratch or better.  My normal score is difficult to pinpoint, because it ranges from 68-85.  I haven’t been able to play much golf the past five years.

  3. What do you love about golf?  It has always been my release.  And lately it has been my only exercise.  But mostly I love equipment, always have.  

  4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have been following mygolfspy for some time now it different areas, but finally got into reading your full reviews and found you had forums.  I have been active in forums on golfwrx and Wanted to see what it was all about.  I do not know anyone else.

  5. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am originally from Montana but have lived all over my adult life. Currently I reside in Corvallis, Oregon and my home course (if you could call it that) is Trysting Tree Golf Course.

  6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best- Bandon Dunes  Worst- the best golf is in popular areas only, golf anywhere else is just ok at best.

  7. What do you do for a living?  I am an engineering Manager at a nuclear design firm.

  8. How’d you pick your user name?  It is the same user name I use everywhere but it also has meaning as growing up in Montana you could tell where in the state you were from by the first number on your license plate.  So in my case 7p meant passenger car from Flathead County.

EE127733-0708-4DD6-B2B7-0D732E5049C7.jpeg

Welcome from a Corvallis native!!  I grew up there.  Trysting Tree used to be an OSU ag farm, and I worked there going to school.  Graduated 1969 from OSU in nuclear chemistry... retired now.   My wife grew up in Spokane and has family up around Flathead

I've played TT a few times on my visits home, but only once since they did the redesign of the layout.  Say HI to the pro Sean Arey and his brother Marc if he is still there.  Used to play with Marc at West Richland muni.  They grew up here in West Richland, WA;  I refereed Girls Volleyball with their mom.

I'm actually headed to Corvallis in a couple of hours to see my dad; he has a Dr. appt on Monday.  Maybe we can meet for a round on one of my trips when it warms up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome from a Corvallis native!!  I grew up there.  Trysting Tree used to be an OSU ag farm, and I worked there going to school.  Graduated 1969 from OSU in nuclear chemistry... retired now.   My wife grew up in Spokane and has family up around Flathead

I've played TT a few times on my visits home, but only once since they did the redesign of the layout.  Say HI to the pro Sean Arey and his brother Marc if he is still there.  Used to play with Marc at West Richland muni.  They grew up here in West Richland, WA;  I refereed Girls Volleyball with their mom.

I'm actually headed to Corvallis in a couple of hours to see my dad; he has a Dr. appt on Monday.  Maybe we can meet for a round on one of my trips when it warms up.

Would love to, I am actually heading up to Richland to help with a safety culture assessment in March and then play Wine Valley in Walla Walla, with my father.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bghanson7p said:

Would love to, I am actually heading up to Richland to help with a safety culture assessment in March and then play Wine Valley in Walla Walla, with my father.

Wine Valley is a great course.  The pro is Chris Isaacson; used to be the pro at TriCity CC, now Zintel Canyon GC in Kennewick, for many years.  A few years ago he went to Emerald Valley GC south of Eugene, but came back up here to take over at Wine Valley.  The two courses are managed by the same company.  I used to live across the street from his mom.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey everyone I'm Austin just moved to North Central WA from the wet Puget Sound. 

  • Been playing golf for about 15 years off and on. Never played to seriously and this will be my first full season back after a 5 year hiatus.
  • Home course this year is still up in the air most likely Highlander or Three Lakes. Always happy to play with new people since I mostly play as a single. 
  • Lefty 🤙
  • Driver - Cobra F8+ with a stock Aldila stiff shaft that is not working 😂.
  • 3 Wood - M4 stock Fujikura Atmos stiff shaft.
  • Irons - Taylormade R7 TP Dynamic Gold S300.
  • 52 - Cleveland RTX-3 bounce is 10.
  • 56 - Cleveland RTX-4 bounce is 12.
  • 60 - Cleveland RTX-3 bounce is 9.
  • Putter - Odyssey O Works 2 Ball Fang.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, diamonda said:

Hey everyone I'm Austin just moved to North Central WA from the wet Puget Sound. 

  • Been playing golf for about 15 years off and on. Never played to seriously and this will be my first full season back after a 5 year hiatus.
  • Home course this year is still up in the air most likely Highlander or Three Lakes. Always happy to play with new people since I mostly play as a single. 

Welcome to the dry side!!  Glad you joined up.  Keep an eye out for the MGS PNW golf outing in a few months.  We played in Spokane last summer, and planning is underway for another get-together.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kenny B Sounds like a good time! I will keep an eye out for that. 

  • Lefty 🤙
  • Driver - Cobra F8+ with a stock Aldila stiff shaft that is not working 😂.
  • 3 Wood - M4 stock Fujikura Atmos stiff shaft.
  • Irons - Taylormade R7 TP Dynamic Gold S300.
  • 52 - Cleveland RTX-3 bounce is 10.
  • 56 - Cleveland RTX-4 bounce is 12.
  • 60 - Cleveland RTX-3 bounce is 9.
  • Putter - Odyssey O Works 2 Ball Fang.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...