Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Handicap System is live, how did yours change?

hckymeyer

17 hours ago, CarlH said:

I hear ya...although I carry an 8 handicap, I rarely get through a round without at least one or two double bogey holes.  I just need to make more birdies to make up for the stupid holes I have 🙂 

Someday I'll learn that hitting the ball into tree areas isn't conducive to low scoring....

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Someday I'll learn that hitting the ball into tree areas isn't conducive to low scoring....

Trees aren't too bad in late Fall and early Spring. It's the rest of the time when those dang leaves get in the way

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Wish the new GHIN app had a tutorial. For you members who have mastered the app:

1. On the home page there are 2 Handicap index numbers: A Handicap Index and then right below it a "Low H.I." number. In my case its the same however, I have some partners who are playing in Florida where that number is different. Anyone know why that happens? Trend number maybe?

2. In the old app you could compare your scores to another partner in graphic (chart) form. Anyway to do this in the new one? I can see there scores but just can't combine them with mine. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

The Grint says I have dropped by 0.4

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

40 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

The Grint says I have dropped by 0.4

Yep, me too, to a straight 14.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Wish the new GHIN app had a tutorial. For you members who have mastered the app:

1. On the home page there are 2 Handicap index numbers: A Handicap Index and then right below it a "Low H.I." number. In my case its the same however, I have some partners who are playing in Florida where that number is different. Anyone know why that happens? Trend number maybe?

2. In the old app you could compare your scores to another partner in graphic (chart) form. Anyway to do this in the new one? I can see there scores but just can't combine them with mine. 

1.  Low handicap index is your low handicap index for the year.  I started the year at a 7.3, as soon as I entered scores from the first week I went to 6.5, but my low handicap index was a 6.4, because I shot a 74 on like January 3rd, making that my low index so far for the year, because they do revisions daily now.  Then I posted a couple more scores and now my index is down to 6.2, and now my low handicap index is also a 6.2.  If I go lower that low index will continue to go down.  If I go up, I'll be a 6.2 low index the rest of the year until it actually goes below that.  If you go to https://www.ghin.com/profile-handicap-history it will show you all of your revisions for the year so far, and your index for each revision.

2.  I have no clue about comparing scores and all of that to buddies, because I never did that previously either.  I do know that you can follow other players on the website and the app.  The website allows you to see all golfers at your club too.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

24 minutes ago, MattF said:

Yep, me too, to a straight 14.

Strangely, the email I just received from The Grint has a different number than the app? It says to make sure the app is updated, but Play Store says its up-to-date.

2 hours ago, GSwag said:

1.  Low handicap index is your low handicap index for the year.  I started the year at a 7.3, as soon as I entered scores from the first week I went to 6.5, but my low handicap index was a 6.4, because I shot a 74 on like January 3rd, making that my low index so far for the year, because they do revisions daily now.  Then I posted a couple more scores and now my index is down to 6.2, and now my low handicap index is also a 6.2.  If I go lower that low index will continue to go down.  If I go up, I'll be a 6.2 low index the rest of the year until it actually goes below that.  If you go to https://www.ghin.com/profile-handicap-history it will show you all of your revisions for the year so far, and your index for each revision.

2.  I have no clue about comparing scores and all of that to buddies, because I never did that previously either.  I do know that you can follow other players on the website and the app.  The website allows you to see all golfers at your club too.

Thanks -  the look up feature on line makes it easier than the app. As to the comparison, on partners: In the old app you can compare your scores (last 20 or all year) just by typing in the name. Looks like the new one doesn't have that capability. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

18 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Strangely, the email I just received from The Grint has a different number than the app? It says to make sure the app is updated, but Play Store says its up-to-date.

If you're a free member you now won't be able to see your handicap unless you pay to become a Pro member...just looked at the app and it was blanked out until I renewed my membership. However I found this on the website:

Become PRO Today before our price goes up.

Become PRO

We have always been proud that 1) we provide Free USGA Handicaps and 2) our price of $19.99/year is the lowest of our competitors.

However, starting Jan 1st 2020 we will need to adjust our pricing given the new World Golf Handicap System. This new system, that the USGA and the R&A are launching, will have a cost per player which forces us to change our pricing.

So starting Jan 1st 2020:
1) Our PRO membership price will increase (TBD)
2) We will continue to provide USGA Handicaps for a Fee

Having said that:
WE WILL HONOR RENEWALS AT THE $19.99/YEAR PRICE
to everyone who is already a PRO member before January 1st 2020.

If you are going to get a PRO membership with us, do it now before the price goes up.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

If you're a free member you now won't be able to see your handicap unless you pay to become a Pro member...just looked at the app and it was blanked out until I renewed my membership. However I found this on the website:

Gotcha.

I don't really care enough to bother paying any fees to track it. I only track for my own knowledge. Arccos metrics will be good enough for me to track progress or lack thereof. I will still have my league handicap, which won't be changing. Many years ago, my work place had a golf association that decided to use a slight variation of the USGA system (taking best 8 of last 16 instead of best 10 of last 20). This was done to make sure new members could have fully established handicaps within one season instead of possibly waiting a few weeks into the next season.