Billy-Bo-Jim-Bob

US Open 2020 - Winged Foot

Our Sponsors

Attended last years PGA at Bethpage for $100/ticket for a grounds pass. This year I laid down $150 for the US Open at Winged Foot. Shouldn't there be a ticket type that's more family friendly? How does the average Joe bring his family of 4 for a walk in the park?  Something amiss here!

• Like 3

Defending high ticket prices isn't really my idea of a good time, but it's important to add: every time I've bought tickets for any PGA Tour event, one adult ticket also admits (at least) two kids free.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Defending high ticket prices isn't really my idea of a good time, but it's important to add: every time I've bought tickets for any PGA Tour event, one adult ticket also admits (at least) two kids free.

Thanks, I'll check the terms on the tix when I get them.

Attended last years PGA at Bethpage for $100/ticket for a grounds pass. This year I laid down $150 for the US Open at Winged Foot. Shouldn't there be a ticket type that's more family friendly? How does the average Joe bring his family of 4 for a walk in the park?  Something amiss here!

Another reason why I like going to LPGA events. Prices are reasonable and you get to see some great golf up close and personal.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

every time I've bought tickets for any PGA Tour event, one adult ticket also admits (at least) two kids free.

The PGA Championship lets juniors (17 and under) in for free with a paying adult.  I brought my kids to the 2017 PGA Championship at Quail Hollow.  Actually not a bad deal for the three of us.

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Another reason why I like going to LPGA events. Prices are reasonable and you get to see some great golf up close and personal.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yes!  And if you have a local LPGA tournament and a daughter that's into golf, get her signed up for LPGA/USGA Girls Golf, and she'll most likely get to go for free.

https://www.girlsgolf.org/

• Like 1