Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sacramento Area Courses

fixyurdivot

Howdy Spy's. It's been over 35 years since I've played the courses in the area when I lived there in the 70's and early 80's.  A number of courses I'm perusing weren't even in existence back then. Ancil Hoffman, Haggin Oaks, Mather AFB, Bing Maloney, and Plumas Lake were the courses we played regularly.  My Dad's work group played Ancil Hoffman and Haggin Oaks all the time and, when they were short a player, asked me to fill the spot.

I will likely be there visiting family in the next few weeks and want to get a round (or two) in... any recommendations?  Thanks.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 8/16/2020 at 10:15 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Howdy Spy's. It's been over 35 years since I've played the courses in the area when I lived there in the 70's and early 80's.  A number of courses I'm perusing weren't even in existence back then. Ancil Hoffman, Haggin Oaks, Mather AFB, Bing Maloney, and Plumas Lake were the courses we played regularly.  My Dad's work group played Ancil Hoffman and Haggin Oaks all the time and, when they were short a player, asked me to fill the spot.

I will likely be there visiting family in the next few weeks and want to get a round (or two) in... any recommendations?  Thanks.

Many, many good options. In Roseville/Rocklin/Lincoln, Morgan Creek, Whitney Oaks, Turkey Creek are all good tracks, in very good to excellent condition. Whitney and Turkey are definitely challenging. Tree lined fairways and places to lose your balls, so if you're not driving straight scores are going to skyrocket. Auburn has The Ridge and Darkhorse, both excellent courses.

I haven't played Ancil or Haggin in years. Haggin was overpriced for what it is relative to the others in the area, and Ancil takes forever to play. Its also far from my house, so another strike against it.

Feel free to ask if you want any more detailed info.

Thanks.  A few you mention I had not seen it my quick search.  I was thinking Ancil or Haggin for old time sake... but with so many new courses around, that may get shelved.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)