Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Looking to optimize my launch monitor stats to become more efficient

I'm looking to squeeze out every bit of distance I can for the swing and ball speed I currently have. Yesterday I stopped into the 2nd Swing near me to hit some drives on their launch monitor to get a baseline of where I am right now. I'm about to start working out again and looking for general strength and to add swing speed as well.

I'll post some pictures I took of the best drives I had when they clear my mobile phone and into my email.  I was pretty happy with my efficiency numbers I saw, which is better than I ever really remember. I was hitting 300 yards pretty routinely, where I never really did on the launch monitors at PGA Superstore last year when I used to go there.

My stats from the drives I hit over 300 hundred where as follows: 

I hit about 8 drives over 300 yards, with the longest being 307 yards. Ball speeds were 150 to 156 mph, and carry was 276-283 yards. My launch angle was usually between 12.2 degrees to 17.2 degrees, with the average usually being around 15.5 degrees.  I used two drivers, both with 9.5 degrees of loft, one with a stiff shaft, the other with an extra stiff.  The extra stiff shaft seemed to have a slightly higher launch angle.  Backspin ranged from about 1698 to 2320 rpm's, with about 2000 rpm's being around the average.  The launch monitor didn't give clubhead speed, but I'd estimate about 104 to 107 mph.  

Any thoughts on which area I could improve to squeeze out some more distance from my drives?

*** Drives 1 - 4 were with the Callaway Driver (Rogue Low Spin), 9.5 degree, extra stiff shaft.  Drives 5 -7 were with a Cobra Driver marked demo with a stiff shaft.  The guy who worked there came over and started handing me other clubs to hit because he thought the stiff shaft was too soft. I liked it fine but didn't argue.  

Drive 1.jpg

Drive 2.jpg

Drive 3.jpg

Drive 4.jpg

Drive 5.jpg

Drive 6.jpg

Drive 7.jpg

Edited by Pro-V-None
Adding Photos I took of the simulator screen

It looks like you are giving the average of your launch and spin for the two different combos.

Would be bette to see all the shots with combo 1 and then all the shots with combo 2. Because just looking at these numbers one could say you have inconsistency in strike location due to 5° difference in launch and roughly 600 rpm difference in speed.

But as was mentioned your ball speed and distance you are at the max and you would need to train the body to swing faster. The weight training will help your body be able to do that but you also need to speed train

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, Pro-V-None said:

I'm looking to squeeze out every bit of distance I can for the swing and ball speed I currently have. Yesterday I stopped into the 2nd Swing near me to hit some drives on their launch monitor to get a baseline of where I am right now. I'm about to start working out again and looking for general strength and to add swing speed as well.

I'll post some pictures I took of the best drives I had when they clear my mobile phone and into my email.  I was pretty happy with my efficiency numbers I saw, which is better than I ever really remember. I was hitting 300 yards pretty routinely, where I never really did on the launch monitors at PGA Superstore last year when I used to go there.

I hit about 8 drives over 300 yards, with the longest being 307 yards. Ball speeds were 150 to 156 mph, and carry was 276-283 yards. My launch angle was usually between 12.2 degrees to 17.2 degrees, with the average usually being around 15.5 degrees.  I used two drivers, both with 9.5 degrees of loft, one with a stiff shaft, the other with an extra stiff.  The extra stiff shaft seemed to have a slightly higher launch angle.  Backspin ranged from about 1698 to 2320 rpm's, with about 2000 rpm's being around the average.  The launch monitor didn't give clubhead speed, but I'd estimate about 104 to 107 mph.  

Any thoughts on which area I could improve to squeeze out some more distance from my drives?

At this point, I look more at dispersion in selecting the driver. An extra 15 yds won't do you any good if the ball ends up in a penalty area or a greenside bunker. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, Pro-V-None said:

You rolled over 300; not carry.  I say that because total distance is strongly influenced by landing conditions.   Want to be over 300 more often set the fairways to being hard.   

Your carry is probably optimized for your swing speed and potentially a little inflated because 1700 to 2320 is probably a little low for the spin you want and launch monitors are sometimes a little forgiving about spin numbers and carry.  I'd say you want spin to be more like 2200-2600.  the 5 degree variation in launch looks like you are simply going for speed to hit the ball as far as possible and you are inconsistently delivering the club.  

This article may be helpful to see what are "ideal" conditions: https://ping.com/en-us/blogs/proving-grounds/optimal-launch-and-spin

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

You rolled over 300; not carry.  I say that because total distance is strongly influenced by landing conditions.   Want to be over 300 more often set the fairways to being hard.   

Your carry is probably optimized for your swing speed and potentially a little inflated because 1700 to 2320 is probably a little low for the spin you want and launch monitors are sometimes a little forgiving about spin numbers and carry.  I'd say you want spin to be more like 2200-2600.  the 5 degree variation in launch looks like you are simply going for speed to hit the ball as far as possible and you are inconsistently delivering the club.  

This article may be helpful to see what are "ideal" conditions: https://ping.com/en-us/blogs/proving-grounds/optimal-launch-and-spin

Thanks for the replies and this article. Yes, I was teeing it up higher at first to maximize my distance and lower my spin, but the guy who works there came by and started handing me clubs and giving advice such as lower my tee height and I obliged because I wasn't paying for the time in the simulator.  Most of the launch angles were about around 15.5 or so I believe. None of my pics cleared my phone's outbox yet. Must be too big to send. Will have to send one at a time.