Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

In For Review! - PING I20 Driver

• SPY VIP

Hey guys - These showed up earlier this week. I haven't had a chance to hit them yet, but I can say the club looks absolutely beautiful at address. Actually, it looks pretty good across the board. I'm going to go out on a very short limb and suggest that it's the best looking driver PING has ever made.

There's a chance I may hit it this weekend. If not it will be early next week.

On a barely related note. The crown has a matte black finish (think Cleveland Hi-Bore), which not only kills glare, but makes it very easy to photograph. The sole is glossy, which obviously doesn't matter at all on the course, but taking pics of it wasn't fun.

Let us know what you think.

I20Driver.jpg

I20Driver-2.jpg

I20Driver-3.jpg

I20Driver-4.jpg

I20Driver-5.jpg

I20Driver-6.jpg

I20Driver-7.jpg

I20Driver-8.jpg

I20Driver-9.jpg

I20Driver-10.jpg

I20Driver-11.jpg

I20Driver-12.jpg

I20Driver-13.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

You're right ... that matte finish on the crown is definitely awesome!

agreed... I love the Matte Black... much better than white...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Said it before, and I'll say it again: the i20 is the best looking, best sounding, best feeling driver out right now. Oh yeah, and it's long. Probably not the longest for someone like me (I'm already low-spin and I miss the center too much), but it's a beast. I would not be surprised if it challenged the J40 for GOAT.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Did they send it to you with both the TFC and the PX? I'd like to see the testers thoughts on the different shafts,

I agree with Matt in that it's not the longest out there. I get better ball speed with the Razr fit and the Classic but my is it straight. It must be those Tungsten weights in the back but unless you want to move it the dispertion pattern is super small. As in my max miss has been 16 yards offline with a horendeous swing.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

I sent PING some recent launch data for the testers who would be hitting the i20. The project x is actually the higher launching and spinning of the stock options.

The 3 drivers we receives are all TFC series.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

This is a great looking club, even better in person, can't wait to hit it!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I haven't hit the driver but I have hit the i20 hybrids and they are beautiful and hit it SWEET. I have G20's and am seriously thinking about taking the loss and trading them for i20's!

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

Just recently replaced my 9064LS with the i20. It looks even better in person and is very, very solid. Pretty long, great feel and workable. Love it.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Taylor Made, take notice here, all of Ping Clubs hold their value, year after year! This is why, great product, and not just tons of releases!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Taylor Made, take notice here, all of Ping Clubs hold their value, year after year! This is why, great product, and not just tons of releases!

I agree the I20 is probably the best looking driver out there right now, the matt look is really nice. But as far as TM is concerned, as long as there are golfs looking for a quick fix to drop from a 20 hc to a 1, TM can continue rolling on as it is.

I agree the I20 is probably the best looking driver out there right now, the matt look is really nice. But as far as TM is concerned, as long as there are golfs looking for a quick fix to drop from a 20 hc to a 1, TM can continue rolling on as it is.

So that's how it's done! Damn, and I've wasted so much time practicing!

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play an all Ping bag when I lived in Phoenix. It was very easy to buy stock clubs online and them take them to the facility to have them worked on (loft, lie, grinds, etc.). And I've always loved their stuff.

Since I've strayed due to one reason or another, but I plan on working more Ping product back into my bag over time. The first change were my irons - I used to play Bridgestone J36 Pocket Cavities and now I've just recently switched to more forgiving Ping I15's.

I'll probably look at driver next with either the I20 or the G20 being in the bag by Christmas.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived