Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PingManKMB Bag for 2010

I don't know if I can justify spending 18 bucks or whatever on a putter grip. I'm picky, but NOT THAT picky!

They do look nice though! I actually put one on for a high school kid's putter this evening at work. It was the white one so I'm sure that'll get dirty in a matter of oh..... say, tomorrow?

The prices are a bit high, but the feel is, IMO, better than anything else out there and they last forever. The grip on my gamer has lasted 3 years, and I practice quite a bit. I will probably replace it soon, but it's not in bad shape by any means.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When looking for the new driver, I looked at the G15, i15 and the Rapture V2... (I was upgrading from the G5, also with the ALDILA NV GREEN like I have in my fairway/hybrid still)... The G15, although the same head size as both the other two drivers, seemed a little too "clunky" for me. I really like the Rapture head, but what really put me over the top and deciding on the i15 is how it does sit a bit open... My normal driver flight is a high draw, and if i tend to miss I will overcook one and hook it. With the open face on the i15, I feel like I can really go after one and not worry about snap hooking it into the trees anymore.

This will be my first full season with the club (obviously since they introduced it late fall/early winter).... Looking forward what she can do! Plus.... The all black look is SEXY.

I do really like the look of the i15 but I feel the fact that it sits open at address may be the actual problem for me! I tend to hit a fade, bad shot tends to be a slice so I'm thinking when I go and get custom fitted I'll either come out with a G15 or a Rapture V2. I really like the look of the Rapture at the minute!

Oh and best of luck with the i15, will look forward to hearing from you on how it goes!

My pink one gets dirty to. But they feel good and they will last a lot longer than rubber grips. I wish I could put one on my driver.

They do make driver grips, you could if you wanted to.

Winter is OVER IN CHICAGO! Hit the range and played 9 holes this afternoon! Loving the new driver... Playing a baby fade (5-10 yards). I don't know what it is but the ball speed off of this driver is the highest I have ever played. Need to put a new grip on it ASAP... Haven't put my customary Tour Velvet on it yet... this stock PING ID8 Grip is ribbed and I can't stand it.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Winter is OVER IN CHICAGO! Hit the range and played 9 holes this afternoon! Loving the new driver... Playing a baby fade (5-10 yards). I don't know what it is but the ball speed off of this driver is the highest I have ever played. Need to put a new grip on it ASAP... Haven't put my customary Tour Velvet on it yet... this stock PING ID8 Grip is ribbed and I can't stand it.

Glad to hear that the new driver is working out for you. Don't speak too soon about Chicago winter, however, I've heard that this weekend might get nasty.

Kansas is getting snow... It will probably head up your way after us.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

yes the snow is coming. oh well. for now i'll keep reading up on some fun stuff here on the golfspy... I've been looking at Byron Morgan putters... Quality to me (although i'm only looking at pics via internet) seems kinda cheap? Any of you all own one? What's the process like? and final question... $$$ what kinda cash these babies cost?

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I've never been a big fan of Ping irons, but their metal woods have always been at the top of the list. Sick redwood too!!

Thanks for the props on the Redwood! It is the newest piece to hit the bag late this winter... Can't wait to get back outside and finally roll some putts! (the fewer the better!)

yes the snow is coming. oh well. for now i'll keep reading up on some fun stuff here on the golfspy... I've been looking at Byron Morgan putters... Quality to me (although i'm only looking at pics via internet) seems kinda cheap? Any of you all own one? What's the process like? and final question... $$ what kinda cash these babies cost?

WHOA THERE!!! Given that I have 7 of them, calling them "cheap" touches a major nerve. These putters are anything but cheap, when it comes to quality. I have hit Camerons, Bettinardis, Machine, all major OEMs, TP Mills, and I don't believe that there is anything out there better than Byron Morgan putters (others may be as good, some may prefer other brands, but nothing is objectively better, IMO). The process is great, nvgolfdude and Z-Man are both Byron reps who are on this board, when you know what you want (or when you want to learn about options) get in touch with them. Customs start anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on the model.

Hey, you're in Chicago, if you want to try one (or seven), shoot me and PM and we can meet up somewhere.

I have had 3 go through my hands. "Cheap" is the exact opposite of a Byron. I am glad Matt is stepping up and letting you demo his.

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Hey not wanting to stir up any commotion!! Just have never seen one in person... Just photos on the internet is all. Would love to get to see one up close!

Byron just has a huge and passionate following... I hope you get the chance soon and then you order one... or 5. haha

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Hey not wanting to stir up any commotion!! Just have never seen one in person... Just photos on the internet is all. Would love to get to see one up close!

No worries at all. I do understand that handstamping can look "cheap" in pictures sometimes, but it looks outstanding in person. I had the same feelings (not quite as harsh, but a bit concerned) before I had one in my hands, but when I opened the box it was a "wow!" moment.

Feel free to take me up on that offer whenever, if you're interested.

No worries at all. I do understand that handstamping can look "cheap" in pictures sometimes, but it looks outstanding in person. I had the same feelings (not quite as harsh, but a bit concerned) before I had one in my hands, but when I opened the box it was a "wow!" moment.

Feel free to take me up on that offer whenever, if you're interested.

INTERESTED TO THE MAX! LET'S FINALLY GET THE WEATHER TO BREAK HERE IN THE CHITOWN FOR GOOD AND WE'LL TALK! Where do you play your golf around here?

Cut down the driver this afternoon... Went from a shade under 46" down to 45" with the grip installed. See how she'll play now that it's a bit shorter.

INTERESTED TO THE MAX! LET'S FINALLY GET THE WEATHER TO BREAK HERE IN THE CHITOWN FOR GOOD AND WE'LL TALK! Where do you play your golf around here?

Schaumburg Golf Club is my preferred course, but I'm flexible.

What caused you to cut down your driver?

cut down the driver because honestly... 46" is just too long. It WAS a shade under 46" and i don't care who you are.. that's too long. going back to a nice even 45" is fine with me.

In other news..... Most likely going to send the putter to PING to bend flat 2 degrees. Gonna give that a whirl this time around.

Your i5s work just fine. Don't be swayed by new clubs. Fight the temptations.

I really like the I5's in my set. Very workable and as forgiving as I need them to be right now.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

i am interested to see what the Anser Forged irons look like when PING (supposedly) introduces them... Anyone know a suspected release date?

I've heard the reps are being very quiet on that. No date yet.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Cut down the driver this afternoon... Went from a shade under 46" down to 45" with the grip installed. See how she'll play now that it's a bit shorter.

I just cut my Nike Dymo Str8-Fit down to 45.25" and replace its grip. Much, much better now.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Schaumburg Golf Club is my preferred course, but I'm flexible.

What caused you to cut down your driver?

I had a bad round the last time I played Schaumburg. I need to take a second run at that course this year.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

cut down the driver because honestly... 46" is just too long. It WAS a shade under 46" and i don't care who you are.. that's too long. going back to a nice even 45" is fine with me.

That might not work for you, but it does for other people. By saying "I don't care who you are" you are saying that works for no one.

I had a bad round the last time I played Schaumburg. I need to take a second run at that course this year.

The great thing about Schaumburg is that they have 3 9's, so you can play lots of different ways. We can definitely get you another run at it this season.

The great thing about Schaumburg is that they have 3 9's, so you can play lots of different ways. We can definitely get you another run at it this season.

Cool deal. Count me in. I played with a bunch of guys from work and we had a good time regardless of score. It's a great set of courses.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Late to your WITB thread but still wanted to stop in and say hello PingManKMB! Welcomone to MGS, and good luck with your bag looks like your set...or maybe not with the talk of a BYRON putter. :P Have a great Season!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

That might not work for you, but it does for other people. By saying "I don't care who you are" you are saying that works for no one.

I retract my previous statement, lol. 46" driver does not work for ME. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Word on the street is sometime this fall in the US, but don't ask a Ping Rep about it... they are not allowed to say.

\\

oh they say... with a hefty price.

Archived