Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

issue facinng in hitting straight shots in golf?

Hey to all golf lovers and experts out there reading this,

I've been having trouble with my golf swing lately and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever I'm out on the course, my shots seem to be slicing to the right, no matter what club I use or how I adjust my stance. I've tried watching instructional videos and practicing at the driving range, but nothing seems to be helping. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any tips on how I can fix my game and start hitting straighter shots?

looking forward to hearing from you all

Edited by Eman_Sh

Tough to diagnose without seeing your setup and swing, unfortunately. You could be coming over the top, you could be hitting with a wide open face, your shoulders may be misaligned and what you think is swinging down the line is actually swinging well left of target... could be a number of reasons. If you could post a video of your swing from down the line, you may be able to get some decent advice.

If you have any reputable pros in your area, a lesson or two so you have a set of qualified eyes on you in real time might not hurt either. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 minutes ago, Eman_Sh said:

Whenever I'm out on the course, my shots seem to be slicing to the right, no matter what club I use or how I adjust my stance. 

Not sure where "seem" comes from as a shot either slices, or it doesn't, so post up a few swings for a look.  

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

48 minutes ago, Eman_Sh said:

I've been having trouble with my golf swing lately and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever I'm out on the course, my shots seem to be slicing to the right, no matter what club I use or how I adjust my stance. I've tried watching instructional videos and practicing at the driving range, but nothing seems to be helping. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any tips on how I can fix my game and start hitting straighter shots?

It’s a common ball flight for many golfers. It’s a swing issue and chasing a fix from YouTube videos isn’t going to work because you don’t know what’s causing it.

More than likely you have an over the top move and you swinging across the ball with an open face.

My guess is that you roll the hands/arms early in the takeaway and then have no choice but come over the top compensate for where the clubface is at the top of the swing. Probably a number of issues in grip, setup and how the lower body is moving.

Only way for anyone here to tell you exactly what’s going on is to post a swing from face on and down the line. However your best is go see a local pro or do online lessons with a good pro 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, Eman_Sh said:

I've been having trouble with my golf swing lately and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever I'm out on the course, my shots seem to be slicing to the right, no matter what club I use or how I adjust my stance. I've tried watching instructional videos and practicing at the driving range, but nothing seems to be helping. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any tips on how I can fix my game and start hitting straighter shots?

Sounds like me when I started playing golf.  Unfortunately, it not something that you can fix with a "tip".  Listen to the guys above; you need someone to see exactly what your issues are if you want to quickly fix your swing.  If the advice you get is correct (bad advice can make you worse), it will only be effective after many balls hit on the range.  It's difficult to make this change because any change will feel terrible... it should!  It's different than what you were doing.  Don't despair.  If you keep at it, you will begin to hit the ball better as your swing changes.  If you go back to what's comfortable, you will do the same old thing... slice.

Good luck!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Also, in addition to to what everyone else already said, can't overlook grip. Perhaps grip weakened and trail hand is too much on top of the club? 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG