Wrist breakdown on Armlock putting

Anyone else having problems with the Armlock grip not staying attached to the left arm during the entire stroke. The butt end of the grip is usually about 1" off of my forearm after the putt. Anyone else having this problem ? Any fixes or drills ? Thanks

SjW

Guessing you are getting to much wrist extension in your stroke. Keep the wrist set where they are at address and use shoulders, arms to move the putter

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:37 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Guessing you are getting to much wrist extension in your stroke. Keep the wrist set where they are at address and use shoulders, arms to move the putter

How do you eliminate wrist extension in the stroke ? I feel like I am rocking my shoulders.

Edited by BCases

SjW

Just now, BCases said:

How do you eliminate wrist extension in the stroke ?

By not using the wrists for the stroke. Use the shoulder/chest to move the stroke.

Watch Kuchar and schauffele putt

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

By not using the wrists for the stroke. Use the shoulder/chest to move the stroke.

Watch Kuchar and schauffele putt

Thanks, any drills or practice exercises you recommend ?

SjW

4 minutes ago, BCases said:

Thanks, any drills or practice exercises you recommend ?

https://arm-lockgolf.com/pages/arm-lock-putting-technique-explained

39 minutes ago, BCases said:

How do you eliminate wrist extension in the stroke ? I feel like I am rocking my shoulders.

Seems like you need to focus on bowing the lead wrist to hold the grip against forearm.   I have played around with armlock putting and my experiments indicated I needed to power the stroke with my leg (lead) arm to avoid wrist breakdown. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Hey,

Muneer here. I've dabbled in armlock putting myself and have encountered a similar issue. It sounds like you might be engaging your wrists too much during the stroke. Try focusing on keeping your lead arm and putter as one unit, and use your shoulders to drive the stroke. Practicing with a towel or glove tucked under your lead arm can also help reinforce that connection. Hope this tip helps. Keep grinding and good luck on the greens!

Cheers,
Muneer

I started using armlock last year and had the same problem.  You really have to focus on "pulling" the putter with your left arm.  Try using the claw grip with your right hand similar to Zalatoris.  It helped me.

Driver: Cobra:cobra-small: LTDx LS 10.5*   Hzrdus Red 60 6.5

3 Wood: :callaway-small: Mini 1.5   Hzrdus Smoke Green 70 6.5

7 Wood: PXG 0211   Matrix Ozik Black Tie 80x

Irons 4-U: :ping-small: I E1  PX 6.5  Maroon Dot

Wedges: :ping-small: Gorge 54* and Tour-S 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: Huntington Beach Soft 8  43" Armlock

Not saying you I don’t have one, because I don’t know. That said, get a wrist lock putter. One that is actually designed to be one.

Where I work, I see WAY too many people bring in conventional putters and try to have me build it to a arm lock, either by throwing a SS arm lock grip on there, or by extending and same. It’s all make shift and seems destined to not work. Altering your own conventional putter just changes too many variables that have to be accounted for: (balance, lie angle, proper length, head weight relation, etc.)

Just a thought. 

Strange is just a different point of view

• 3 months later...

Try a wrist band around the top of the grip and your forearm. This will keep the grip locked in while practicing and force a proper armlock stroke. Will feel really awkward initially but will help the correct stroke 

Ping g430 10.5 hzrds 6.5 

titliest 4 wd and 3 hybrid

cobra forged tec 5-p

vokey sm7 52 56 60

If you haven't seen it yet, the LeanLock putting system is a different type of arm lock.  It sets the grip on the outside of your leading arm.  We did a testing recently of their products and it works.  I am not an arm lock putter but was selected and this works.  Great confidence.  Virtually impossible to break your wrists.  It is awkward to begin with, but it works.  Check the testing and reviews for this.  

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1