The First Post Thread

1 hour ago, Alvin R said:

I'm a fan of MGS.  New to the forum.

Hi everyone from Puerto Rico.  Forums are great place for learning. 

Welcome…there is a ton to learn here!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Alvin R said:

I'm a fan of MGS.  New to the forum.

Hi everyone from Puerto Rico.  Forums are great place for learning. 

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

23 minutes ago, JoeLafives said:

Senior Golfer, play in the VGA (Veteran Golfer Association) Enjoy the content

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

8 hours ago, JoeLafives said:

Senior Golfer, play in the VGA (Veteran Golfer Association) Enjoy the content

Hello and if you have not yet seen it, there is a thread for the VGA...

Also nice dog and toy pic!! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Welcome to MGS!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Hey Y’all,

Had MyGolfSpy recommended to me by a friend and have been following the product reviews and recommendations. Trying to get more involved in the community and hope to get great advice from the more experienced golfers on here (as it usually goes on the course.)

WITB (Upgrades I want):

Taylor Made R7 Driver (Paradym X Driver)

Taylor Made 3 and 5 woods (need to look at what kind but they’re very old.) (Paradym X Woods)

Tommy Armor Imitation Irons (848 Tour Classics) 4-PW (PXG 0211 Irons)

Pinseeker SW

Bombtech Wedges (52, 56, 60) (Taylor Made Miller Grind 4 Wedges)

Tours Edge Putter (Scotty Cameron Blade)

33 minutes ago, n1texansfan said:

Hey Y’all,

Had MyGolfSpy recommended to me by a friend and have been following the product reviews and recommendations. Trying to get more involved in the community and hope to get great advice from the more experienced golfers on here (as it usually goes on the course.)

Welcome to MGS!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, n1texansfan said:

Hey Y’all,

Welcome to MGS! Dive right in and get comfortable as there is plenty to get involved in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, from Colton California!

Have been in a deep dive into golf these last 3 years and am beyond excited to learn from all of the knowledge shared on the form!

Cobra Aerojet MAX 9* 

Cobra Air X 3 Wood

Cobra BioCell 7 Wood

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW

Cleveland CG 56*

Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

1 minute ago, WilliamYates said:

Have been in a deep dive into golf these last 3 years and am beyond excited to learn from all of the knowledge shared on the form!

Welcome to the forum…you are in the right place if you want lots of information!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, WilliamYates said:

Welcome to the Forum!

Hey there. Happy to have finally joined this forum after using it to decide on 90% of purchases I've made. Haha. 

I've been playing golf with my father since middle school off and on (~20 years ago), but I only recently actually started PLAYING golf. Meaning I used to just go out and try to hit the ball, but now I'm trying to understand the game and improve. Currently the highest of handicaps (+30) and on the road to breaking 100 and moving forward. Happy to be here!

Dylan Hayes, PharmD

25 minutes ago, PharmDozer said:

Hey there. Happy to have finally joined this forum after using it to decide on 90% of purchases I've made. Haha. 

I've been playing golf with my father since middle school off and on (~20 years ago), but I only recently actually started PLAYING golf. Meaning I used to just go out and try to hit the ball, but now I'm trying to understand the game and improve. Currently the highest of handicaps (+30) and on the road to breaking 100 and moving forward. Happy to be here!

Welcome!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

4 hours ago, PharmDozer said:

Welcome!

Hey all,

does anybody know if there is a company that makes covers for the lab golf mezz 1 putter? 

Mezz 1 putter, qi10 driver and woods, titleist t200 irons

Hey everyone! I decided to join because I absolutely love what y'all do! So many golf reviews are influenced by opinions and paid for by the manufacturers, but this is the best place to come to get the "hard data". 

Keep fighting the good fight 👊🏼

:ping-small: G410 Driver

:ping-small: G410 2 Hybrid

:ping-small: G410 4 Hybrid

:mizuno-small: 921 Tour Irons 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw Wedges

9 minutes ago, hack2hack said:

Hey everyone! I decided to join because I absolutely love what y'all do! So many golf reviews are influenced by opinions and paid for by the manufacturers, but this is the best place to come to get the "hard data". 

Welcome to the forum…glad you decided to join!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 minutes ago, hack2hack said:

Welcome!

26 minutes ago, hack2hack said:

Welcome!  It's a great place to be!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

53 minutes ago, hack2hack said:

Welcome you will love this forum. 

Play like a champion today!

1 minute ago, MGS-Forum-Mod said:

Hello RobConley336,

Welcome to MyGolfSpy Forum. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others.

We would recommend a quick glance at the FAQ to get familiar with the site and then check out the most recent content to see where the activity might be right now.

Interested in testing? Find out how we select our testers HERE!! You can also find any current test opportunities HERE.

I will give you a few quick tips to get you started if you want to be a tester!

• - Make sure you have a Profile Photo! (FAQ has a guide)
  • - Get involved in the community! Make a WIYB, find a thread that interests you and make a post or two to get started. 
  • - Complete your profile (75% is considered complete, as anything left blank or skipped results in 25% missing - to avoid this put NA or NONE in the spaces you not completed)
  • - Stay involved! We work very hard to select new testers for each test, so if you miss out on the first one, keep up the activity and maybe the next time you will be!

*Added bonus if you follow us on Instagram & Twitter, but not required!

If you want to make your first post there are two excellent threads for this - One is The Good Morning Thread with good vibes, coffee talk and general discussion. Second is The First Post Thread - created just for you so you can get started on your posting journey! Welcome to all the first time posters in our community!

Finally if you have a question that isn't in the FAQ or elsewhere go to the MGS Forum Staff Page and send us any of us a private message there!

We're glad to have you!

MyGolfSpy Forum

On 3/25/2024 at 9:43 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

For all those joining and not really sure what to say or what to post, this is the thread for you! 

Meant for all first time posters to say hi, why they joined or whatever else comes to mind. An open thread to get you started on your posting journey. 

For all those with 100's or even more posts let's give the new members some space,  but drop them a like to get them going!

Welcome all to the MyGolfSpy Forum!

Just joined the forum but have followed on social media for a while

32 minutes ago, RobConley336 said:

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have ya!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

6 hours ago, RobConley336 said:

Welcome!

I'm a long time reader but first time poster. I have been playing golf now for over 35 years and have always been an avid student of the game. I have always thoroughly enjoyed exploring and testing new swing mechanics/thoughts as well as tinkering with my equipment over the years.

I stepped away from the game for a bit when my kids were born because my weekends consisted of taking the kids to parks and zoos in the beginning which eventually evolved to taking the kids some sports related field/court (e.g. baseball fields, lacrosse fields, basketball courts, etc.). The travel to kid's sporting events still continue today but after 12 years my son has finally caught the golf bug and is now obsessed with the game which has allowed me to get back to the game I have missed so much.

My golfing goals now, in addition to obviously trying to improve my own game, is to help my son turn his infatuation for golf into a life long passion by passing along everything I have learned in my golf journey. Looking forward getting back into the weeds!

Ping G430 LST 9* Tour AD XC 7
Ping G430 MAX Tour AD XC 6
Ping G430 19* Kai'Li White 80
Ping Blueprint S 4-PW C-Taper
Ping S159 50 S, 54 S,  60 T
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

Love Mygolfspy! It’s my go to for when I have any doubts, and every decision I’ve made, from equipment to tech and clothing, you guys have been spot on! Long time follower, first time poster

Mezz 1 putter, qi10 driver and woods, titleist t200 irons

6 hours ago, TT78 said:

I'm a long time reader but first time poster. I have been playing golf now for over 35 years and have always been an avid student of the game. I have always thoroughly enjoyed exploring and testing new swing mechanics/thoughts as well as tinkering with my equipment over the years.

I stepped away from the game for a bit when my kids were born because my weekends consisted of taking the kids to parks and zoos in the beginning which eventually evolved to taking the kids some sports related field/court (e.g. baseball fields, lacrosse fields, basketball courts, etc.). The travel to kid's sporting events still continue today but after 12 years my son has finally caught the golf bug and is now obsessed with the game which has allowed me to get back to the game I have missed so much.

My golfing goals now, in addition to obviously trying to improve my own game, is to help my son turn his infatuation for golf into a life long passion by passing along everything I have learned in my golf journey. Looking forward getting back into the weeds!

Welcome to the Forum!

1 hour ago, Ejgorka said:

Love Mygolfspy! It’s my go to for when I have any doubts, and every decision I’ve made, from equipment to tech and clothing, you guys have been spot on! Long time follower, first time poster

Welcome!

Finally took the plunge and moved from a lurker to a forum member of MyGolfSpy.  I really enjoy the product reviews and perspective from other players of all skill levels.

I've just recently started officially tracking my handicap after getting fitted for clubs.  Not a shocking discovery, but I need to get in more practice and more rounds. 

Open to any suggestions from others on other posts and threads to follow! 

T. Nylec