What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

Arccos w/link for several years.

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15* (set to 17*), Stealth 2, 22*, both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 4H, Xcaliber RTI75 S  

Irons: :Takomo: IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

image.png

I use the Hole19 app on my iPhone that also works with my Apple Watch.

Driver:  Callaway Epic Speed, 9.0, HZRDUS Smoke iM10 MID 6.0 60g shaft

3 wood:  Titleist 917F2 15* (adjusted to 16.5*)

5 wood:  Tour Model Special Edition, 21*

Irons (5-PW):  Taylormade Speedblade HL

Wedges:  Taylormade Speedblade HL AW 50*, Vokey SM6 56*10S, Excaliber Convex 60*

Putter:  Odyssey Ten tour lined two ball

Ball:  Maxfli Tour

Bag:  Ogio Grom Hybrid

Tech:  Hole19 app used with iPhone and Apple Watch series 3

I had the Garmin s62, and used every round for a couple years.  Then it just stopped working.  I called Garmin, and unfortunately my warranty was up.  The Rep said send it back and they would send me a refurbished unit.  I was pretty pumped and happy about the great service.  Once the refurbished unit showed up, I used it for 2 rounds and it died.... same problem.  

So without any tracking unit atm.  Unsure if I would go the Garmin route again as that was extremely expensive watch to last only 2 years.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

CURRENTLY TESTING T-Squared TS-912 putter

I use Roundabout (until recently, know as V1) and have been using it for almost three years.  I like that it detects a shot using my Apple watch.  It's interface, editing functions, and distance accuracy are good.  It statistical and historical data are really good.  I pay $99/year for the highest level subscription.

I started with Arccos but ditched it because it has too many potential points of failure and having to think about which part of that system might not be working was something I did not need to have in my head during a round.

I’ve been using the Arccos system for a few years. I enjoy the fact that it recommends clubs based on my history and gives me a detailed breakdown of my rounds.  Having used it long enough, I have learned where my misses are typically and most of my yardages and mainly use it for tracking distance and keeping track of scores. 
Looking at the V5, I think that the biggest difference for me would be the knowing layup areas and the distances to sand/water hazards. Definitely more food for thought for what club and where to aim. 
I have the older version of the Arccos so I don’t have a subscription but I could see the fact the V5 not having a subscription being a huge benefit for other Arccos members who have to pay annually. 

Driver:   image.png.2dc5bdb33664fa9386091c2cd26565eb.png Qi10 LS 9* 

3-wood:   image.png.e14bdc3c2ba3ec551ce39db6a9b11f64.pngLTDx 15* 

5-wood:image.png.e14bdc3c2ba3ec551ce39db6a9b11f64.png LTDx LS 18.5*

Irons:  image.png.2dc5bdb33664fa9386091c2cd26565eb.png P790 2019

Wedges:  MG3 50* image.png.deae3a77e572f8e9b997ebd84d5161eb.pngSM8 54/10* and 58/14*

Putter:  image.png.c4263dd278ffabd32a9d6cda69b9a086.png Special Select Newport 2 w. BGT Tour 2 Polar Stability Shaft
Ball:  Pro-V 1x 

image.png.d62838b5e53334be2104fce83c0a7973.png

I used Arccos for a year. We have an infinite winter here (Saskatchewan Canada) with 6 months of indoor golf. Having to buy a yearly subscription for 5-6 months of use was hard to take. 

Also did not like that the batteries in the sensors could not be replaced and the sensors had to be rebought every couple of years.

I am using Hole19 shot tracker this season. First round is hopefully this Saturday. Was supposed to go last Saturday, but it snowed 😞

Titleist TSR2 Driver, Taylaor Made M5-3w, M6-3H,4H, Sim2 5-PW, Vokey SM9  50,54, 58 

Very timely question. Have been a GolfLogix user since 2011, yes pre smart watches. Garmin Golf Watch from wife battery would not last a round. Then Garmin Vivo better but no fall detection, so wife and I are both Apple Watch users for 5 years. My wife had not worn a watch in over 25 years, loves her Apple Watch. No going back. As a 73 year old 18+ handicap, just need front middle and back. GolfLogix has recently updated the Watch interface. Can get front middle back, but no longer see the illustration of what lies ahead, just green breaks. Killed off legacy view. I will be testing either Swing U or GolfShot on tomorrow’s round. So disappointed, on Cart Path Only days, not carrying the phone across fairway, one less thing to think about. Look at Watch, there are the distances, the lay of the land, but alas no more. 

Ed Bailey-Mershon

I have been using Golf Pad for a few years now. I have tried other apps but I keep coming back. I use the free version and find it is the easiest to use for tracking each shot and getting good information. I also have a Garmin watch I use but it is getting old and the battery doesn't last for a full 18. It works well for 9 though there isn't really much tracking information to help improvement.

Edited by LouMc

Cobra Air-X driver; Tommy Armour 845 hybrids, 3&4; Tommy Armour 845max Irons; mallet putter, off brand.

Use Golfshot with Apple Watch.  A few years ago used Garmin watch and Garmin app.  Apple Watch does a lot of things well so don't want to go back.  Golfshot has added SG and other nice stuff, what is disappointing is that it misses a few shots each round.    

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

I have used Arccos for years and love it. I think it's a real help in terms of distances with clubs, what my misses are and also reality of what my game is. It's also fun to go back and think about the round, where you could have made better decisions or club choices and relive the round. 

A middle aged guy working hard to lower his handicap and have as much fun doing it. I'm typically a Titleist guy but last year put Srixon irons in the bag and have loved them. I've been lucky enough to play 3 times in the UK as well, just getting back from England and Ireland in July so I can help with questions on that front as well. 

Up until this year everything was by feel and memory, but I bought new clubs this year and am currently using the Arccos that comes free with a new club purchase! Great feature to get people to using their product!!

Joshua Schnider 

Old tours Edge clubs, getting new this year.

I have tried a couple different apps with my Apple Watch. I haven’t found one that is really that good or easy to use. Am thinking about getting one that you actually put sensors on the clubs and track. 

Jim Lemmon

AKA, Discolemmonade

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Are tags for a system to track your shots a must for you?

I don't think they're a must but I can see how helpful/useful they would be. I use my Garmin Approach S70 without tags though I'm tempted to but some. I might just do the start set at first for my putter and wedges.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

I use my Apple Watch and the Grint. Overall I like it because it integrates with GHIN to post scores. 
The GPS is pretty good. One thing I lack is shot tracking though. I’d love to be able to track shots without remembering to click begin and stop like on the Grint. 

Callaway drivers & woods, Mizuno Pro 245 irons, Vokey Wedges and an Odyssey putter. If I could golf everyday, I would. 

I've used Arccos for a couple of years, mainly due to purchasing some new Ping irons that came with the sensors (and a free several months of Arccos). Paid for the Arccos subscription at $119 the next year, but then that jumped to $159 and I dropped it - I just don't get to play enough rounds a year to justify the cost. Like some others, I've also used GolfShot, but having to manually enter/track shots is a pain.

Intrigued by Shot Scope's model, and may give it a try - though that carries with it the upfront cost of regripping all of my irons when they don't really need it.

:titelist-small: 915 D3 driver, TS2 21° 3-Hy

:ping-small: :Arccos: G425 5-PW + LW

:adams-small: Idea a7 SW & GW

:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 putter

Golf Shot on iPhone since 2017. Stats, tracking, visualisation etc all good, as is the Course database etc. 
Did pair with Apple Watch; handy for score entry and seeing yardages, but the ‘advanced’ features in ‘Swing ID’ created some consistent swing path data, but bore no relationship to my swing path 🤔

Clubs, some I hit reasonably well, others, less so.

Just my take on Garmin

When I started to take improving my game seriously, tracking my shots a few years ago was one of the best things I’ve done. 
The stats side of things was eye opening, and continue to direct me where I need to focus my efforts. But also a humbling experience, as learning my actual average distances was a knock at the ego, but has helped my shot selection and course management tremendously. 

I started out my tracking journey with a Garmin S62 bundle with 3 sensors. After just one round I went and got the 14 sensor set. The set it and forget it (other than battery replacement every 2-3 years) was worth it for me, scrolling through the watch to select the club I used (though simple enough), after misclicking a few times, I just wanted ease of use.

I have been loyal to Garmin since, I find their GPS very accurate, I still use a range finder for distance to the pin on approach (mostly just for a more accurate pin placement) to keep the stats as true as possible. 

But the GPS and sensors are only half of the package. The app is incredible. 
The strokes gained categories, the miss tendencies, up and down percentages and putting stats really give me an idea where each area of my game is at. 

Then there’s the breakdown of each club, the more you use it, the more it learns. It has figured out gapping issues and with each club it provides a distance most likely to hit the green and 2 putt with each club. Which has improved my course management. 

Last year I upgraded to the S70, and display wise it was a huge jump. Functionally it gives the S62 a lot of credit, as there was little to improve on other than screen size and definition. 

With the subscription comes with green contours on a number of courses, which is displayed on the watch. For me it’s worth it. But at $13 a month it is steep. 

I’ve always been curious about other systems, but my experience with Garmin has been great, they stand by their product (have replaced faulty sensors without issue and support team very helpful for the very few issues I’ve came across)

For that reason I’m not searching for a replacement any time soon. 

Cheers,

Driver - Taylormade Stealth Plus 

(Currently Testing - Stealth 2+, Ping G430 Max, Titleist TSR3, Callaway Paradym arriving soon)

3 Wood - (Taylormade M5) 

(waiting on TSR3 fairway) next club up for testing* 

2 Hybrid - Taylormade Sim2 Titanium 

2-3i Taylormade P790 

4i Taylormade P770 

5-9i Taylormade P7MC 

46(47), 52, 56TW, 60TW - Taylormade MG3 

Putter -Toulon Design Las Vegas 

Been using ShotScope v3 for several years. I definitely feel it has helped me improve my game. Was just showing it to my golf buddies this weekend and they were really impressed with the data it collects and helps you act on. Looking forward to testing a V5 if possible, and if not, getting one on sale ASAP!

• D - Tour Edge C723
  • 3W - Cobra F7
  • 3H & 4H Ping G425
  • 6-GW Mizuno JPX 425 Hot Metal
  • Ping Glide 4.0 56 degree
  • P - TaylorMade Spider GT with Evenroll 1.0 Gravity Midsize grip
  • Grips - Golf Pride CP2 Standard
  • Maxfli Tour-S

30 minutes ago, Push-ups For Bogeys said:

Just my take on Garmin

When I started to take improving my game seriously, tracking my shots a few years ago was one of the best things I’ve done. 
The stats side of things was eye opening, and continue to direct me where I need to focus my efforts. But also a humbling experience, as learning my actual average distances was a knock at the ego, but has helped my shot selection and course management tremendously. 

I started out my tracking journey with a Garmin S62 bundle with 3 sensors. After just one round I went and got the 14 sensor set. The set it and forget it (other than battery replacement every 2-3 years) was worth it for me, scrolling through the watch to select the club I used (though simple enough), after misclicking a few times, I just wanted ease of use.

I have been loyal to Garmin since, I find their GPS very accurate, I still use a range finder for distance to the pin on approach (mostly just for a more accurate pin placement) to keep the stats as true as possible. 

But the GPS and sensors are only half of the package. The app is incredible. 
The strokes gained categories, the miss tendencies, up and down percentages and putting stats really give me an idea where each area of my game is at. 

Then there’s the breakdown of each club, the more you use it, the more it learns. It has figured out gapping issues and with each club it provides a distance most likely to hit the green and 2 putt with each club. Which has improved my course management. 

Last year I upgraded to the S70, and display wise it was a huge jump. Functionally it gives the S62 a lot of credit, as there was little to improve on other than screen size and definition. 

With the subscription comes with green contours on a number of courses, which is displayed on the watch. For me it’s worth it. But at $13 a month it is steep. 

I’ve always been curious about other systems, but my experience with Garmin has been great, they stand by their product (have replaced faulty sensors without issue and support team very helpful for the very few issues I’ve came across)

For that reason I’m not searching for a replacement any time soon. 

Cheers,

Very thorough review.  Everything I was thinking has been mentioned above!

Can’t add much more other than a little self-deprecating note:

Once I had my typical distances engrained for each club, my speed of play improved at least a little bit.  Being a current 19 index player, I can use those distances to narrow my search area for those occasional “not exactly where I wanted it to go” shots!

The “distance from last shot location” readout is very helpful.  Had not noticed it being mentioned before so decided to post.

p.s. Started with Garmin S20 and full sensors.  Upgraded to S62 when it came out.  Itching for the S70!  Also had the great support experience with replacement sensors. 

Irons: Cobra RadSpeed One Length
Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus (Drinking the good wine now!)
3W: TaylorMade Stealth 2
Putter:  20 year old Odyssey
Goal:  Enjoy every practice session, every round.  Bonus:  Handicap creeps in good direction!

1 minute ago, JeffSL said:

Very thorough review.  Everything I was thinking has been mentioned above!

Can’t add much more other than a little self-deprecating note:

Once I had my typical distances engrained for each club, my speed of play improved at least a little bit.  Being a current 19 index player, I can use those distances to narrow my search area for those occasional “not exactly where I wanted it to go” shots!

The “distance from last shot location” readout is very helpful.  Had not noticed it being mentioned before so decided to post.

p.s. Started with Garmin S20 and full sensors.  Upgraded to S62 when it came out.  Itching for the S70!  Also had the great support experience with replacement sensors. 

Great mention, and also follow the distance from last location for errand shots that aren’t in the fairway… So it gets used often. Haha 

Driver - Taylormade Stealth Plus 

(Currently Testing - Stealth 2+, Ping G430 Max, Titleist TSR3, Callaway Paradym arriving soon)

3 Wood - (Taylormade M5) 

(waiting on TSR3 fairway) next club up for testing* 

2 Hybrid - Taylormade Sim2 Titanium 

2-3i Taylormade P790 

4i Taylormade P770 

5-9i Taylormade P7MC 

46(47), 52, 56TW, 60TW - Taylormade MG3 

Putter -Toulon Design Las Vegas 

As an engineer I love the idea of tracking stats and strokes gained, unfortunately I’m still on the search for the best system for me.

I tried Arccos for 2 years but moved away from it due to the yearly subscriptions prices increasing. To be fair it’s a pretty nice system and it didn’t require much in round editing for me.

I’ve also tried V1 (now called roundabout), which was a little ugly, but I loved the breadcrumb feature that showed where you had walked as I found you could easily mark where your shots were after the round if you missed one.

I’ve tried other golf apps but not their stat tracking (The Grint, 18 Birdies, Golfshot), a lot of the time they want an in app subscription for stat tracking and their trial periods would only have me track 1-2 rounds.

I’ve recently been using Golfpad which is pretty good for free, but sometimes I don’t hit the track shot button and I find it hard to add all my shots post round.

The search for stat tracking actually has taken me on a path to better understand strokes gained and I’ve now converted someone else’s google sheet into excel and am using that. It’s interesting for me as I can understand the maths behind it all and see how I did against a benchmark for each shot. It is a little clunky and I need to record my shots on my card and enter it to the spreadsheet after the round.

Now why haven’t I tried shot scope if I’ve done so much testing and they don’t have a subscription which is my biggest pain point of Arccos? I have actually had my eye on them for a birthday present idea, however the X5 had a number of bad reviews or forum posts about bad battery life, and the V5 looks to improve on that but all the reviews so far have been influencer type reviews, so I’ve been holding out for some more “normal golfer” reviews that aren’t chasing clicks.

Another challenge that I can provide is that my home course is a 27 course with 3 different combinations, different apps handle this in different ways but it’s a corner case not always thought out well by the developers.

Thanks for the opportunity MGS and shot scope,

Chris 

• Titleist 913D 10.5 degree driver
  • Titleist 910F 15 degree fairway
  • Ping G25 20 degree hybrid
  • Ping G25 Irons
  • Ping Gorge 50 degree
  • Ping Gorge 54 degree
  • Titleist SM4 60 degree
  • Ping Tyne 4

Use Arccos for 36 rounds now. Shot tracking is usually good but misses about 10-15 shots every round   I always have to keep score on my scorecard and after the round correct the score in the app to reflect my true round. Wish it was better. Don’t know why it doesn’t work all the time 

Golf is humbling.

Arccos users since 2020. Added the Link Gen 2 in 2023.

Have also tried Decade but found it much easier and faster inputting/editing rounds on Arccos.

-ARTEE

Use Arccos for 36 rounds now. Shot tracking is usually good but misses about 10-15 shots every round   I always have to keep score on my scorecard and after the round correct the score in the app to reflect my true round. Wish it was better. Don’t know why it doesn’t work all the time 

Golf is humbling.