What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

I have used several apps over the years. Golf Shot, My Taylormade and latterly 18 Birdies, which I found the best to use. However,  it distracted my game if I missed adding shots. 

I now use Shot Scope V3 and love it. It's simple to set up,  simple to use and I don't have to think about selecting the clubs on an app before hitting. The yardage to the hazards and greens does seem accurate when compared to a range finder.

The only sticking point is it takes time to find the course at the beginning. 

Analysis after had helped me understand my game much better, where I thought I was strong I actually need to work more on.  

I'd highly recommend it.  

Edited by Tomc1
Typo

TC

4 hours ago, Tomc1 said:

I have used several apps over the years. Golf Shot, My Taylormade and latterly 18 Birdies, which I found the best to use. However,  it distracted my game if I missed adding shots. 

I now use Shot Scope V3 and love it. It's simple to set up,  simple to use and I don't have to think about selecting the clubs on an app before hitting. The yardage to the hazards and greens does seem accurate when compared to a range finder.

The only sticking point is it takes time to find the course at the beginning. 

Analysis after had helped me understand my game much better, where I thought I was strong I actually need to work more on.  

I'd highly recommend it.  

When you say simple to use what does that exactly mean as I am not familiar with this tracking system?  Can you provide a what I have to do to record information? Example,  I get out of the cart pull a club, place the sensor near the receiver so forth.

THanks in advance.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

6 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

When you say simple to use what does that exactly mean as I am not familiar with this tracking system?  Can you provide a what I have to do to record information? Example,  I get out of the cart pull a club, place the sensor near the receiver so forth.

THanks in advance.

Hi. 

Once you've added your clubs to the app. Start the watch and select gps and tracking for the course. That takes time,  the downside. 

Then take the club you want to use,  hold it in the lead hand,  where the watch is.  It'll pick up the club on the watch and you play.  Repeat until you get to the hole.  Once you've holed it m stand over the pin and click how many putts you've taken. You can click on a button to see the hazard yardage if you want.  

Do that for each hole,  then it'll ask if you want to end the round after the 18th, or 9 if you're offering a short course. 

Open the app and click connect to device and sync round. Then you can analyse your round(s). 

Hope that makes sense. 

TC

• 2 weeks later...

I use Arccos and find it better than another product that I used for years.

1. They pair quickly

2. Club tags can be added to already installed grips or purchase Arccos grips - only a few dollars more than regular grips

3. The recent, new tag tracker has a push button to mark the flag position.

4. Customer service is quick to respond to hole mapping issues. 

The hole graphics are similar to other GPS devices. 

What an awesome opportunity. I was using Hello Birdie but since downloaded a Bushnell app that I’m using with my iPhone and a Bushnell Phantom II. 

Hi all so in my bag I'm carrying!

Driver Taylormade Sim 2 max 9deg

3wood Titleist TRS

Fairway Sim 2 Max 3 Rescue 19deg

IRONS Taylormade DHY 2 iron and Taylormade Stealth 4 to AW

Putter Odyssey White hot #9

Balls Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV / Taylormade TP5.

GPS Bushnell Phantom II

Rangefinder Mileseey PF260

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 2:29 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Are you a Shot Scope, Arccos, Garmin or another user? Or do you go by hand or do you just not use any of that?

Let us know!

A long term (several years) Garmin Approach S 20 user - track every round.  Also use the daily step tracker to see how the day has been.   Need to do more with the health side, still a great basic tool, love how the S20 syncs with the Garmin App on my iPhone….

Edited by Willie T

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; Edel SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Good morning. Currently I just use my Sky Caddy watch to check distances. It gets a bit cumbersome to enter data. This new watch, which is like to test looks like it will be easier and faster to use and get more course data.

Cheers,

[email protected]

Retired and loving it.  Golf has gotten better and moving out of the country.... to TEXAS.

Arccos.  I love it.  I had Shot Scope and never looked back.  

That said, Arccos is not without its faults.   The ability to use my existing Apple Watch is what sets it apart for me.   On the downside, short game tracking is lacking.  But, so is my short game.  I am correcting wedge short each round relative to where they took place and how often.  

I have a much better experience talking to fitters at demo days or at retail because I am able to show them precise yardage/gap data & flight tendencies.  

KarrDaddy

Cobra Speedback 9deg; Cobra F7 3w, 3h & 5h; 
Callaway Rogue Pro 5-AW;  Ping A Blade Putter

I currently use Arccos and would love to be able to compare the two!  I have been using Arccos for 5 years now so I think I would be able to give a good comparison review! 

Posted (edited)

I use 15th Club... Free App and works great. GPS tracking with a caddie feature that allows you to manually track your shots when you want for club recommendations and such. They area always updating it so new features constantly with great customer service also

Here is a ling to the unofficial review I did

9.png.75c342008cb5a648e463c8fe456bebe2.png 

Edited by JAYER38

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

I have used Golfshot, lasers, arrcos and my Garmin S20.   I keep going back to looking at my watch 99 percent of the time.  I just wish the bands held up better.   I have gone through abought 7 or 8 bands since I have had.   

Mickey Ward 

Tech, tech, tech....it's ALL about tech these days; and I have NONE 😪 With so many options to help track and improve performance, why not do so?

This is a great opportunity to gain insight into a user friendly system.  I have used Garmin for GPS and for Cycling and have always enjoyed their performance.

I can't see myself using FullSwing or Trackman, so I would love to try this out.

Maybe I should try playing left handed!

Good topic! Over the years, I have used pencil and paper but no more. I have a Sky Caddie watch. It has some info tracking on the watch and/or online but I use it only for quick distance readings on the course.

In fact, I have found that the GHIN app, which I also use on the course, gives me plenty of data about my rounds.

In truth, however, I just don't care much. I already know what needs work, but mostly it is the mental discipline to stick with a course/game management plan. Best, -Marv

I just started using Arccos this spring and like it so far. Seems to be getting better recording my shots (using the Link, which I've only lost once so far)

Bag Boy Sparta XL

Cleveland Launcher HB

Mizuno ST-180 3 Wood

Srixon Z H65 3H

Ping G410 4i

Callaway Razr X HL 5-PW

Cleveland CBX2 50, 56

Maltby 60

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4 Putter

I have use the grint app with my apple watch.  I have found it to be pretty spot on with range finders.  

Driver: PXG 0211 11 

3 Wood: PXG 0341 xf gen 4

Utility: PXG 0317 xf gen 4

Irons: PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-G

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 & 56

Putter: PXG Bat Attack

"If you eat a live frog each morning, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long."

I have used all the apps that have been free to use and never really tried the paid for features. 

Apps I've tried:

18 Birdies

Grint

MScorecard

Golfshot

Taylormade OnCourse

I had been using the Taylormade most as in terms of stats i gave the most complete picture and if you wanted to target a score like 5, 10 , 15, 20 handicap if would rate your perfromance against that. I really liked the depth of stats it would produce around green shots and putts. Something I've never seen in any other app. The only draw back is the more rounds you enter the harder the app seems to have to work, so a couple of seasons worth and I couldn't really use the compare function.

I've reverted back to Golfshot purely to get some basic stats on my game as it has been going backwards recently. Probably need a good lesson rather than worrying about tracking.

Callaway XR Driver - Aldila NV Green Shaft 55g Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Wood

Mizuno T-zoid 2 iron

Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid

5-AW Lynx #BB,

Ping Sigma 2 - Tyne Putter

I just post scores for handicap but mentally track some things on the card  like pars, birdies, doubles, 3 putts, bunkers, par 3 hit, to recap round. Then kick myself and throw it away!

Callaway Mavrick Driver, Callaway Rouge Max 3,5 wood, Cobra 3-4 hybrid, Nike Vrs Forged irons 5-A, Cleveland Zipcore 56,60, Odyssey Marksman

I guess I am old school, I have an excel spreadsheet with all my scores.  For my home course I have it color coded for birdies, pars bogies and worse than bogie.  I have averages for each side, for 18 and by hole.  This helps me to see which holes I need to work on, and to figure what makes them so hard for me, what I could do differently possibly to improve.  

I only post total score for other courses and have average for non-home courses and for home + away average.   I advertise a 14 Handicap because that is is the home+away.  I am probably closer to a 10 at home course only, because it is not that difficult and I play there a ton.

I am just starting to track other stats like Fairways hit, GIR and putts.  Go figure, I am par or better when hitting the green in regulation!  I am a pretty good putter, especially on home course, I do have some issues reading greens at other courses.

Would love to try out this Garmin system of course.

image001.png

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F7 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5

22 hours ago, itsteetime said:

I use Arccos and find it better than another product that I used for years.

1. They pair quickly

2. Club tags can be added to already installed grips or purchase Arccos grips - only a few dollars more than regular grips

3. The recent, new tag tracker has a push button to mark the flag position.

4. Customer service is quick to respond to hole mapping issues. 

The hole graphics are similar to other GPS devices. 

Additional comments: I get Strokes gained on Driving & FIR, Approach, GIR and proximity to the pin. All I have to do is pair my clubs (once) in the app anytime before 1st use, start the tagger when I arrive at the course about 5 minutes before teeing off, start the app (it automatically finds the course or I can download anytime prior to arrival), select the tees I'm playing and "go play".  Post round, I check to ensure that all shots were recorded, sometimes a few are missed or change a putt from off the green to "chip".

3 minutes ago, Skrizan said:

I guess I am old school, I have an excel spreadsheet with all my scores.  For my home course I have it color coded for birdies, pars bogies and worse than bogie.  I have averages for each side, for 18 and by hole.  This helps me to see which holes I need to work on, and to figure what makes them so hard for me, what I could do differently possibly to improve.  

I only post total score for other courses and have average for non-home courses and for home + away average.   I advertise a 14 Handicap because that is is the home+away.  I am probably closer to a 10 at home course only, because it is not that difficult and I play there a ton.

I am just starting to track other stats like Fairways hit, GIR and putts.  Go figure, I am par or better when hitting the green in regulation!  I am a pretty good putter, especially on home course, I do have some issues reading greens at other courses.

Would love to try out this Garmin system of course.

image001.png

Just like Matt Fitzpatrick - good company to be in.

I don't currently use a shot tracking system. I use 18Birdies for keeping track of scores and some basic stats (FW hit, GIRs, putts, chips, penalties, sand shots) throughout the round. With the LAB DF3 testing opportunity getting underway, I started making spreadsheets to track my putting in GREAT detail. I still need to come up with some more sophisticated equations to make use of the data, but I'll get there.

I did use 18Birdies for shot tracking for a moment, but it was just too cumbersome and took too long to input between each shot. I also didn't enjoy having to keep my phone in my pocket to be able to get the GPS locations input correctly.

With the forum members writing about how shot tracking has helped them reduce scores, I'm strongly considering using something, but it'll probably have to wait until next season. My golf gear budget for the year is almost all used up already!😆

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here | LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

I use the 18 birdies app.  I have been using this FREE app for years and feel it is one of the best.  It tracks scoring, stats, handicap (not official).  It also has a very accurate GPS. You can customize the app to track the stats you want and also can track driving distance with the GPS feature.  Very user friendly. Great for our mens league play.  App can track side bets and show real-time scoring to friends who have the app.

T.Webb.jpg

On 4/20/2024 at 5:04 AM, tony@CIC said:

Been a Shotscope user since 2021 and an informal brand ambassador for their products. Prior to 2021 I used ARRCOS, however, between the post round edits, the annual subscription cost and the customer service I abandoned ARRCOS. The V3, in my book was bulletproof - virtually no edits, one time cost, and superior customer service made the transition a no brainer. Yes the X5 had programming issues, and some of us considered ourselves a beta group, but today it is a robust tracking device, and their customer service continues to get high marks from me. 

Get the V5 is all you want is course info, on the other hand if you're committed to improvement, spend the extra dollars for the X5. 

All of this information is helpful! I have been considering both ShotScope and Arccos. I only play a round maybe once a month and was hesitant of the annual subscription cost for Arrcos despite the tangible benefits. This helps my decision-making!

I used to use Arcoss but besides not being a fan of their subscription model, I found that the information I was getting was far from accurate. The system had no way to accurately account for anything less than a full shot, so every time I hit a half wedge or a bump and run, those distances would be used in my averages for the club used. Prime example of garbage in, garbage out. 

Read a lot about the KZN Game Golf so I tried that out. Over 2 months back and forth with their tech people and I still couldn’t get all the sensors to pair with the app. Was supposed to be corrected with a new version of the app in April. Now pushed to “sometime in May”. Sending product back. 

Professional club maker/club fitter, retired

Founding member, former President, International Clubmakers Guild

I have the Garmin s62.  Great watch, and the app is pretty good.  The watch connects to the Garmin Golf app and also the Garmin Connect app.  Overall I love boths apps and the watch is awesome.  One thing that bothered me for the longest was the watch would start a round and then notify me that a new course download was available.  I would dismiss it, but any time after that when I tried to use the hazards and layup function  it would flash to that function and then go directly back to the notification.  Took me months to figure out that I needed to start a new round on my phone before starting the watch in order for the new course info to be downloaded, otherwise the watch was non-functional for anything except keeping score.

Green contours are included with an upgrade, and would be more useful if I could fix the location of the pin, but trying to do that with my fat fingers is next to impossible, so it's back to Aimpoint for me.

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1X
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
4- HYBRID: Stealth 2, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Titleist SM9 52, 56, 60
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick
BAG: Ping Pioneer 
CART: MGI electric

I have been using a Garmin S62 for a few years.  I don't use all the features available but i do track my stats.  I also track stats on Grint and have a Busnell range finder to get exact yardages to the pin.

Srixon Driver ZX5 MkII 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 - Stiff

Srixon 3+ fairway - 13.5* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 5 - fairway 18* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 4 - hybrid UST Proforce V2 - F3(R)

Srixon ZX4 MkII irons - 5 - AW KBS MAX 65 - Regular

Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedges 54* and 58* Aerotech SteelFiber fc90cw - Regular

Cobra Agera 3D printed putter

Arccos for me. Started it this year but have loved the experience. Rarely have to make edits as everything seems pretty accurate. Have loved the data aspect of what it provides.

I do wish the desktop/computer version matched the app version in regards to how the data is presented. On the computer its a summerized version of the data. (i.e. on you phone you can see strokes gained for approach shots in 25 yrd increments, so 50-75, 75-100, 100-125,etc .... computer is jsut 50-100, 100-150 .... still good though

Currently on my free trail of stuff so haven't had to complain about having a subscription fee yet

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: PXG 0311BlackOps

Wood: PXG 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: PXG Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: PXG Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

Arccos User