Embarrassing for the Tour

I don't think it is an embarrassment but definitely a bad look.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5 at the Flat Setting

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)

3 hours ago, jolter1 said:

I don't think it is an embarrassment but definitely a bad look.

Bad look for who? The tour didn’t just let them run on the course. It’s clowns usually drunk ones that think they can do this. It’s for attention. Happens in many pro sports and not a bad look for any of the organizations 

I’m with @RickyBobby_PR on this. Protestors who vandalize, obstruct, or basically engage in criminal activity only hurt their cause. If anything I’m less inclined to care about what they are protesting. We’ve seen this happen in many settings and I don’t think many folks think this reflects poorly on the PGA. 

Here in Chicago this weekend Buckingham Fountain was vandalized and the water in the fountain dyed red. So now the fountain has been turned off. It needs to be cleaned and all of the water replaced.  How does this make me want to support their cause. 

Edited by Hacker60521

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

My take-away is that it is scary how close weirdos can get to golfers not only on the course, but when walking anywhere that spectators are allowed to be close enough to touch the players.

IMHO, fan interaction is over-rated and potentially dangerous. " Party Holes" are just as bad.

I remember when Tiger used to play in Jack's Memorial Tournament back in the early 2000's, his team requested a 20 person security detail.  At first, The Memorial Committee thought it was a ridiculous request, but it eventually became commonplace.

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for various OEMs.

In all reality, I feel bad for that greens keeper who has to figure out how to get the spray paint off that green without murdering the grass. 

WITB 
Driver - Callaway Strata 

Irons- Calaway Strata 

Wedge- Cleaveland 53 Degree

Putter- Callaway Strata 

Balls- Callaway Chrome soft and supersoft (green)

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2024 at 10:18 PM, Hacker60521 said:

I’m with @RickyBobby_PR on this. Protestors who vandalize, obstruct, or basically engage in criminal activity only hurt their cause. If anything I’m less inclined to care about what they are protesting. We’ve seen this happen in many settings and I don’t think many folks think this reflects poorly on the PGA. 

Here in Chicago this weekend Buckingham Fountain was vandalized and the water in the fountain dyed red. So now the fountain has been turned off. It needs to be cleaned and all of the water replaced.  How does this make me want to support their cause. 

I saw on one of my feeds this week this guy got serious jail time for cutting off a stature at it's feet so to speak and stealing it. I forgot who the statue was and what it represented and where it occurred.

In the case at the tournament I think the folks involved were only cited for vandalism and disorderly conduct which are no more than a traffic ticket. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

On 6/23/2024 at 10:18 PM, Hacker60521 said:

It is terrible this day in time that people have no respect and destroy or deface stuff others respect and enjoy

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G