Best way to play through slight pain

Tiger Woods who famously won a US Open with a broken leg I am not.   Had surgery and now have a minor left side pain in swing follow through.  Unfortunately my head or my body is now stopping my follow through half way, not getting the full shoulder turn.  Is there a method to over come this situation that you know?   Thanks           

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

@higherplane, man that is a tough situation. Listen to your Dr. first and foremost. It might just be too early to start back with full swings. He may give the OK for half swings. Build on that. Main thing don't push too fast and hard. Not worth causing more issues. Hang in there and good luck.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Having had quite a few injuries over the years............ I always favored whatever was hurting for a while. After a period of time not getting the results I expected from myself, I just said damn the torpedoes and played right through the pain. It's only pain... rub some dirt on it and get on with it.😂

Seriously.... listen to your Dr. and do what he suggests. No sense taking my route and possibly injuring yourself more.

@higherplane I’m with everyone else. First and foremost please follow your doctors instructions. Just my personal experience but I’ve learned a couple of things that might help you .

1. I stretch every evening with a lot of focus on my core. If you have a Peloton subscription there is a great 20 min golf stretch program. I also spend 5-10 min stretching before I warmup and hit balls.

2. When I was working on square impact with my driver, I noticed that even my half swings that were roughly hip to hip caught quite a good distance. Here is a link to a really interesting Danny Maude video

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I'd be careful about playing through pain, it can screw you up. My dog jumped on me in the middle of the night back in April and dislocated a couple of my ribs. It caused enough pain/discomfort that my swing "feels" changed WILDY to avoid pain while being able to hit the ball straight. Once I healed, my swing is absolutely screwed since I am still trying to fix my screwed up swing from the rib pain.

Titleist TSR2 9degree

Callaway Paradym X 3W

Callaway Epic Max 5W

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4-PW

Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50-degree, Cleveland Tour Action 588 56-degree

Nike Putter

• 5 weeks later...

Start by consulting a physical therapist who specializes in sports recovery to work on stretches and exercises that improve flexibility and strength. You can also practice slower, controlled swings to rebuild muscle memory without overstraining your body. Visualization and mindfulness techniques can help you overcome mental blocks by focusing on a smooth, pain-free follow-through.

Edited by KhariWes

Don’t play through the pain, you are not tiger woods, and golf is just a hobby.

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip

Firstly you need to determine what is causing the pain. It is something that can be resolved or is it ongoing. If it is ongoing and like me you still want to get out and play, enjoy the walk and banter and if you play great that is a bonus, then you have to work out a way to do this, weather it is modifying you swing or in my case pain killers before and during play.

The key though is to understand what is causing the pain.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 21Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Volkey 56 Degree  Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Titliest Pro V1

OGIO Woodie 15 Bag

MCI Zip X3 Electric Buggy