Had stuff stolen from your bag too?

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

Fortunately for me it was the cheapest things in my bag next to tees. Someone yanked my Lowes alignment/driveway markers! Luckily Lowe's just opened in Canada and I was able to replace em, but at twice my original cost of $1.50 each!(bought mine originally in US on a road trip to Oregon) Son's of b*tches!

I know I joke about the price but it's of course the principal of the situation here. I left my bag on the patio literally (no joke 2 feet) in front of the pro shop door while I went to the bathroom.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I've been fortunate and I tend to probably be a bit over trusting. I've heard horror stories about mass club thefts from very high end country clubs. I guess if you're going to steal, might as well steal the good stuff.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I generally play a muni in league and country club (clergy priviledge) when I'm not playing in league. I was at a reciprical club a couple of years ago - very nice place over in Tampa, several touring pros are members including Tom Pernice and I had my gap wedge stolen from my bag - My gap wedge?

I was pissed about that today for the first time in a long time when I didn't hit the club that is replacing it (my Ping Eye 2 W) very well a couple of times.

Of course I've also had my entire bag stolen out of the back of my car once too - that really, really sucked.

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I take my clubs in the house after every round and I load them on the cart regardless of if they have an attended bag drop. I'm anal about my bag and don't let it out of my sight.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I am now Rookie -

Also it was one of my son's who left the bags in the back of the car not I - we had played in a scramble and he had to go to work - last thing I said was make sure you bring those clubs in when you get home.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Whats really sad now a days is everytime I go to the clubhouses around here I always grab my rangefinder... And somehow never think about my Iphone 4 that sits in one of the cup holes... Other than that I have always been like Rookie Blue (If my clubs where like his though, I would take them to the bathroom with me) :)

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Ive been lucky enough to never have anything stolen out of my bag. Back in the days when I was a Titleist fanboy I always made sure that I didnt use a Cameron headcover on my putter. No sense advertising to the world that I carried a $300 putter. I used to just buy a cheap, plain black putter cover.

I always leave my clubs in the trunk of my car when I go into the clubhouse to pay for my round and if I have a drink in the clubhouse after my round I always put my clubs back in the trunk of my car.

My clubs arent super expensive but I still treaure them and would be very upset if someone stold them. Especially in the case of the JDM clubs, replacing them would require considerable hassle and cost.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I have had every club I own stolen from my car, not once, but twice... :angry: Needless to say, the clubs don't live in the car anymore.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Ive been lucky enough to never have anything stolen out of my bag. Back in the days when I was a Titleist fanboy I always made sure that I didnt use a Cameron headcover on my putter. No sense advertising to the world that I carried a $300 putter. I used to just buy a cheap, plain black putter cover.

I once had a retail SC cover stolen from my bag. I guess a putter cover is the easiest thing to swipe and walk away with while hiding it under a shirt or jacket.

Another time, I've had my whole bag stolen from my car while I was living at a residence that supposedly had a "secure" parking garage. Ironically, I've also lived in places that basically had open lots for parking but nothing ever happened there.

Thankfully, nothing has been stolen from my bag *knock on wood*

But after the round, I will park my push cart and clubs near the terrace where we have our drinks and I can keep an eye on them.

As an added security measure, I'll remove the wallet, phone and range finder and take them with me. Other people just leave it on the bag.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I once had a retail SC cover stolen from my bag. I guess a putter cover is the easiest thing to swipe and walk away with while hiding it under a shirt or jacket.

Another time, I've had my whole bag stolen from my car while I was living at a residence that supposedly had a "secure" parking garage. Ironically, I've also lived in places that basically had open lots for parking but nothing ever happened there.

Back in my early 20s when I wanted a Cameron but couldnt afford one (was 23 years old and owned a house at the time, you do the math) but I could afford a Cameron headcover, so I put a Cameron Circa 62 headcover on my Bullseye Standard.

After a while I started to hear stories of Camerons stolen out of peoples' bags and that was the end of that.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I live in Indiana and I have University of Illinois headcovers.............I don't have anything to worry about.

Are you sure about that? I remember being in Manhattan with a buddy and parking my van on the street. He said, "No way, it's going in the garage." That was going to cost me $25 bucks for a couple of hours at the ESPN zone. "The Pacers are in town with Reggie Miller. With those Indiana plates there'll be nothing left of your van by the time we get back to it!"

I laid out the $25 and parked in the garage.

Archived