My Tour Staff Contest Prizes

Tyk

:DThat bag is so cool I am considering changing my name.

No kidding. Are these a one time only thing or are some going to find their way to the MGS store?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That spider is frightening!!!!! Don't fool with it - obviously I have a boat load of spider/snake stories since moving to Florida including the one about the guy in our league who was bit by a rattler a couple of years ago - when the sign says, "Stay out, rattling snakes," it means, stay out rattle snakes is all I can say.

Unreal bag - it's beautiful. I wanted that bag so badly but you deserve it.

Smart move Tyk - it comes back, trust me on this - but those first two or three weeks were hell - I went back to work and could barely make it from my office to the church and back. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay I'm about ready to head over to St. Augustine for tomorrow's TMag fitting. This should be a hoot given that there is a prediction for tropical force winds on the East Coast tomorrow -

I know that the major part of the fitting is an inside afair but it's a shame that I won't truly get the full experience.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get the chance!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Have fun Rev, hope it works out!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Can't wait to hear about it Rev! I'm still on for next Wednesday, its looking like all things are go!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Tooks some pics while I was on the range yesterday!

My new best friends!

SCOR46-42.jpg

I think I'm really going to like this one, going to do a full review comparing it to my Adams 15* SuperHybrid. First impressions are quite favorable!

AdamsXTD15.jpg

adamsXTD15Address.jpg

And a couple pics of my cruiser!

CartandClubs.jpg

ClubsClose.jpg

Okay I'm about ready to head over to St. Augustine for tomorrow's TMag fitting. This should be a hoot given that there is a prediction for tropical force winds on the East Coast tomorrow -

I know that the major part of the fitting is an inside afair but it's a shame that I won't truly get the full experience.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get the chance!

Hit'em good and if you go near Orlando, take a boat load of quarters. I drove to the store today, and had an almost overwhelming desire to throw a buck out the window every three miles. I guess I drove around central Florida too much.:P

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

You are one funny guy RR.

When we got to St. Augustine last night my wife remarked that we hadn't paid a toll - That's because we stayed on I4 - no tolls there - get off 4 and it's like being at a Carnival - except there are no prizes for getting it in the clown's mouth.

I wrote a review of my fitting over in the Spy review section - I thought it demanded that - I'll be less formal here. It was the bomb. Avery Reed is a great guy who's been fitting tour players for the past 10 years and has tale upon tale to tell. In fact it would be worth the $400 just to have him tell stories like Isao Aoki throwing tape all over the van because he has to do his own grips or Natalie Gulbis and Paula Cremar bowling with each other. Too much fun.

He is the first fitter in the country to have the Rocket Bldz and I hit them today - the second person to hit them!!!!!! Very nice. He rolled his eyes at the thought of me going to steel shafts in my irons but that was off the record. He also told me that he fits all of us tour players in KBS wedge shafts and highly approves of the graphite/steel thing I asked about over in another place.

This was the very, very best part of placing second in the conestest - getting the clubs will be awesome but secondary to how much fun I had today - serious fun! Almost as much fun as playing golf with RR. :)

Oh and he fixed my swing which wasn't a swing issue at all - it was a set up issue.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Oh and he fixed my swing which wasn't a swing issue at all - it was a set up issue.

I believe that most swing flaws are the result of a set up issue. Ok, I would say that in my case I have two problems. One is a variety of set up issues, and the other overswinging.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Did he let you hit the version 2 or version 3 R11S head?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Sorry Rookie I'm not sure which it was - you know I'm way behind you on the curve here - I know it worked and I know he said that this is what I needed and not the rocketblz which would have spun way too much for me.

It was really cool to get to try the irons - they felt great but I'm sure that was the shaft - I hit the 6 iron and the gap wedge -

Of course I know in my mind that when a better player is having a "swing" issue that it is almost certainly a small set up matter - but knowing and remembering what I know are two different things - this is why it's always good to have someone take a look at what's going on from time to time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Glad it went well Rev!!!

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

As an update I just got word from T that Mizuno is going to refit my clubs with Project x graphite 5.0's - we're going with Rookies fitting on this one.

I am blown away by that!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Wow, that is going way above and beyond!

Awesome Rev, if that's not customer service I don't know what is. Keith from Bettinardi passed this along today. Finished product! Only thing it lacks is my paws on it!!

viewer.png

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Awesome Rev, if that's not customer service I don't know what is. Keith from Bettinardi passed this along today. Finished product! Only thing it lacks is my paws on it!!

viewer.png

Skuh.....roo......yoo

This guys got nicer gear than I do. How's that work?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Skuh.....roo......yoo

This guys got nicer gear than I do. How's that work?

You should have negotiated u some stuff in the process. I'll put in a good word for you with Keith when I go up there. ;)

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I would have that certificate framed :)

I plan on it!!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Matt that is remarkable - a putter line named after you! Oh man I love that - what a beautiful looking putter. I'd be on the road already.

I hit a friend's Project x 5.5's the other day and was fine - I think the 5.0 is a better match for me though - the old grey mare and all that. B)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

TMaG fitting in a couple hours! I'm like a kid on Christmas!

Well that was a blast! Just spent 3 hours in what turned out to be as much a lesson as a fitting. Unfortunately I did not not have my best swing today, but it was good enough for Dustin to get good numbers. I actually hit the ball better inside than I did outside, which was a surprise. My backswing was way big today, which is something I have always struggled with but today was about as bad as it gets. However, inside on the monitor my swings with every club were incredibly consistent. Dustin made the comment that he'd never seen someone with such a big swing get themselves in all the right positions and hit the ball so consistently and well. I had a consistent inside out swing, with the 6 iron I made 4 swings in a row with identical hand speed and ball speed, surprised the hell out of me too, but all my numbers were pretty consistent, I think I only mishit one ball inside. This part took about an hour and that was with a bit of technical difficulties.

Dustin was doing the fitting but Bert Benjamin is the head fitter there and he sat in quite a bit, especially as we were looking at my swing and the numbers. Dustin was looking at my backswing and the hows and whys of it and seeing it and having him explain what I was doing was pretty eye opening. To expand a bit unnecessarily basically what I do is come back too flat and then lift the club up on plane, the reason for the big backswing is essentially that I am buying time to get the club up and into position. Which led the discussion of how to shorten the swing without having "shorten the swing" be the goal, which made alot of sense as I've struggled to "shorten my swing" but in the context he was speaking of shortening the swing would be a byproduct of changing the takeaway plane and changing the timing of when I start my downswing. The other thing I do wrong is setup with my weight to centered instead of with a backward spine tilt.

Once we'd got the numbers we went outside to test out the clubs. Prescription was for a R11s TP 9* with the stock RIP shaft and RBZ TP 4 Hybrid. These were the clubs I had picked out although the recommended shafts were different than what I had picked (but similar specs). As I was hitting the clubs what turned into a 2 hour lesson began! I wasn't really expecting this but I was game for it. I don't know that Dustin was really planning on it either but we just kind of got into it and I think he just thought he could help and saw that he was making a positive impact and away we went. It was a bit hard as I was both trying to implement new things and hit good shots with the new clubs.

All in all it was an incredible experience, of all the prizes and things I won, this fitting was the coolest. It was an experience I probably would have never paid for on my own, but really I have to say that it was well worth what it would have cost had I done so. And really, those are the best prizes or gifts one can get, something awesome that one never would have gotten one's self. I'm always gonna have clubs, maybe not the newest and coolest ones, but clubs I can play with. This fitting was the icing on the cake!

Awesome Tyk and I couldn't agree with you more - for me the experience of the TMag fitting was the best prize of all and to think it wasn't even a part of the original prize package! Kudos to T and Taylor Made for that little ad on! :) :) :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Awesome Tyk, sounds like u had a ball! Now u get that christmas eve feeling everyday until they arrive!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm really surprised that the stock shafts are what you guys went with. Out of the huge spectrum of shafts for the TM woods I'm surprised the stock worked best.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I am too Ice, I even told my fitter "understand I am not paying for this so if theres something that might be a small improvement but you wouldn't suggest a normal person pay for it I want it"

I told them same thing.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Archived