Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

My Tour Staff Contest Prizes

Tyk

Figured I'd start a thread to share with you all what I won in the contest! My Trues were the first prize to arrive, love the look, this will be my first Phx, so I'll tell you all what I think of them after a few rounds! White-Yellow-Green.jpg

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I'd start a thread to share with you all what I won in the contest! My Trues were the first prize to arrive, love the look, this will be my first Phx, so I'll tell you all what I think of them after a few rounds! White-Yellow-Green.jpg

As jealous as I am, I do also want to live vicariously through the winners. Aside from these shoes, which look great, what did you all wind up picking?

Well, waiting on Tim to see about the TaylorMade stuff, he is trying to set up fittings for us at TaylorMade fitting centers. If he pulls that off he will be promoted to a deity of some sort in my eyes! What I had initially chosen was a R11s TP 9* driver and 21.5* Rocketballs TP Hybrid. But if I can go get fitted, that is subject to change.

Also chose a 15* Adams SuperHybrid XTD to replace my current original superhybrid gamer.

46* and 42* Scor Wedges

Bridgestone B330-S Balls

An outfit from Sub-70, Black and white shirt, black pants, hat and belt.

Well, waiting on Tim to see about the TaylorMade stuff, he is trying to set up fittings for us at TaylorMade fitting centers. If he pulls that off he will be promoted to a deity of some sort in my eyes! What I had initially chosen was a R11s TP 9* driver and 21.5* Rocketballs TP Hybrid. But if I can go get fitted, that is subject to change.

Also chose a 15* Adams SuperHybrid XTD to replace my current original superhybrid gamer.

46* and 42* Scor Wedges

Bridgestone B330-S Balls

An outfit from Sub-70, Black and white shirt, black pants, hat and belt.

Pure awesome and best of luck with everything. MGS is the best.

Sweet shoes! I haven't gotten anything yet but picked out my hybrids, shoes, balls, and outfits. Also got the Betti putter rolling. They are gonna let me go to Chicago to be fitted for it in November!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

46* and 42* Scor Wedges

46* and 42* ?????? Are you replacing the 9 iron and pitching wedge?

great idea if you already have some

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Yes, I already have 58, 54, and 50 Scor wedges, had actually called and ordered 46 and 42 the day before I found out I won, fortunately for me he hadn't sent the order in yet so I was able to cancel! Talk about lucky!

This has been part of my plan for my "dream set". I've got the scoring clubs set now. So next up is the mid and long irons. Really considering the Adams CMB's and perhaps a Fli-hi for my 4 iron. Also considering a mix of Mizuno irons, muscleback 7&8, cavity back 5&6, and Fli-hi 4.

Really excited about a driver fitting. Its going to be very illuminating, as it is going to have to be a very definite improvement to pry my current TM R9 SuperDeep out of my hands. I am bombing that club right now, hitting it better than I've ever hit any driver. I'm hitting it so well that I'm taking trouble right out of play by flying it.

Now, I've never been fit for a club before, so I am hopeful that there is a whole lot of improvement available that they will find! I'll keep you all posted!

I haven't gotten any of my prizes yet - I'm about where Matt is at - I've ordered my hybrid, shoes (those look sweet TYK - I got steal grey and blue), balls B330 RX and outfit - plus T ordered our watches for us.

I don't get the custom fit putter so I've already ordered one of the Studio Selects. I was fit for clubs last spring so I went with the numbers from that fitting - 33 inches, mid grip.

As Tyk said T is arranging for a fitting with Taylor Made for the Metal Woods - for me that's going to mean a trip to TPC Sawgrass. B) B) B) I have a vacation scheduled already for the first week in October so I'm hoping to do the fitting then.

Still up in the air on the Mizunos. I was thinking MP-H4 but now I'm leaning away from them and more towards the JPX 825 pros or MP-64's. T is trying to arrange a Mizuno fitting for me. I won't order the wedges until I've been fit for the irons - I can't remember whether or not I'm supposed to be 1 or 2 degrees flat with the lie - In another thread I said that the Yeti must have eaten my numbers because I can't find the paper anywhere. At any rate I'll spring for my own fitting if we can't get Mizuno to come through - I want a ten year solution with those irons. I'm getting pretty psyched.

I know I'll want a 54 and a 58.

Does anyone have SCOR wedges already. If so what do you think of them? I'm very intrigued by the concept and wondering especially how they work out of the sand.

Don't worry I'll be posting pics once the stuff starts coming in - I drove by the house twice today while I was visiting people because I know that the putter has already shipped. Can't wait to see what a $400 putter feels like - honestly its the club least likely to make it into my main bag but I still can't wait to see it and feel it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Scor wedges are awesome Rev! I won my first one on their Facebook contest early this season. Since then it has been a steady progression to boot my other wedges (not slouches either, Scratch Golf and Mizuno got the heave ho)and get the whole Scor set up. The work great out of the sand, I really like the V-Sole. It is a bit more subtle than the Mizuno MP-R but just as functional when laid open and better when square.

Thanks for the review Tyk - I'm so intrigued by these wedges - as the contest was progressing they were what I coveted the most (oops there goes the 10th commandment.) This Taylor Made fitting has my attention now though - Rookie Blue told me at MGS and the first thing that I read here was the blog about the fitting - I can't remember which one of our guys went out to California - it may have been Matt - but when I read what he got to do I thought - now that's a fitting. And now I'm looking at the same thing.

Plus I've been in stores looking at Mizunos - they do make a beautiful golf club.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

Does anyone have SCOR wedges already. If so what do you think of them? I'm very intrigued by the concept and wondering especially how they work out of the sand.

I don't bag them myself (I'm a Miura snob), but they're the only club we've ever tested that has ended up in the bag of 3 different testers.

-Tony

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

They'll end up in my bag for sure - I can't wait - but as T knows haven't ordered until I have the irons under control.

My first goodies have arrived - I'll post pics later - I keep driving by the house because I don't want these boxes sitting outside and at lunch time the putter was on my doorstep - haven't opened it yet - I've been crazy nuts - heading home now and have tomorrow totally off - no kid tonight in fact - can't wait!

T also just sent Matt and I an email telling us that we can mix and match the Mizuno's anyway we want - I'm starting to tilt back to the MP-4H's which essential are already a mix and match. Give me those to the PW and throung in a Gap wedge that works and I'm good to go.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev, throw in an MP Fli-Hi at the top end of the bag. Great clubs, those are lol.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rev, throw in an MP Fli-Hi at the top end of the bag. Great clubs, those are lol.

Okay equipment Yoda. :)

I'm a bit confused by this though - the Fli-Hi's are more ironish - they aren't hybrids - correct?

At any rate I'll be calling tomorrow to schedule my Mizuno fitting - the guy doing it is Brittany Linsicome's fitter - If Dogpro sees this it's Van Sweeden.

I'll just keep my mouth shut and say - yes sir - you're right sir - yes I know my handicap can't be a 2 because I only play courses at 6,500 yards or less and I'm not a touring pro sir. Only tourning pros really play the game. B)

The guy is a master club building, fitter and repair guy - whatever abuse he wants to heep - I'll take. He's the man for the irons beyond a doubt. I should record the session so that you guys here it.

I'll just tell him I'm a 6 and that I always play from the tips and he'll be happy.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I just love those MP Fli-Hi's and if you don't like it, I'd take it off your hands lol. They really are great replacements for the long irons though. Stupid easy to hit.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rookie I didn't ask right or you misinterpreted my question - I don't necessarily want hybrids - I wanted to make sure that the Fli-hi you were talking about was the more iron like one and not the fli-hi hybrid.

I'm assuming that both you and RR are refering to the iron like one -

For me the top end of my bag iron wise right now is 6 iron. However I'm going up to 4 iron with this set because I've gotten to the point where I see the need for a 5 (I play in lots of wind) and everyone is telling my that these crazy Fli-hi things are easy to hit - I like easy to hit and again see the benefit of the 4 iron over a 4 hybrid with the conditions I regularly play in (assuming I hit it well.) I'd love to get 180 - 190 out of that (this is what I get out of my current 4 hybrid.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rookie I didn't ask right or you misinterpreted my question - I don't necessarily want hybrids - I wanted to make sure that the Fli-hi you were talking about was the more iron like one and not the fli-hi hybrid.

I'm assuming that both you and RR are refering to the iron like one -

For me the top end of my bag iron wise right now is 6 iron. However I'm going up to 4 iron with this set because I've gotten to the point where I see the need for a 5 (I play in lots of wind) and everyone is telling my that these crazy Fli-hi things are easy to hit - I like easy to hit and again see the benefit of the 4 iron over a 4 hybrid with the conditions I regularly play in (assuming I hit it well.) I'd love to get 180 - 190 out of that (this is what I get out of my current 4 hybrid.)

The MP4 might be good for the long iron selection Rev. I'm going to look into them for sure.

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm also eyeing an iron type 24* FliHi as a 4 iron replacement. Seems they're going on ebay for around $60 which isn't too bad for an experiment.

Just had my Mizuno fitting - the guy who did it has won Taylor Made's national club fitter of the year award twice in the past 10 years.

One thing that we discovered is that I do better with steel than graphite - go figure - not distance wise but dispersion wise.

The order of finish on clubs was JPX 825, MP-H4's, JPX 825 pro but it was really splitting hairs between the 3 and I think that regular 825's came out on top because they were longer than the other two - dispersion was indentical between the 3 of them - very tight - very impressive - Since we can pick and choose I'm thinking of putting something together that is a Hi-Fli at the top, JPX 825 in the middle and JPX 825 pro at the bottom.

What a great two hours I had with the fitter - if you check in here thanks a million T.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just had my Mizuno fitting - the guy who did it has won Taylor Made's national club fitter of the year award twice in the past 10 years.

One thing that we discovered is that I do better with steel than graphite - go figure - not distance wise but dispersion wise.

The order of finish on clubs was JPX 825, MP-H4's, JPX 825 pro but it was really splitting hairs between the 3 and I think that regular 825's came out on top because they were longer than the other two - dispersion was indentical between the 3 of them - very tight - very impressive - Since we can pick and choose I'm thinking of putting something together that is a Hi-Fli at the top, JPX 825 in the middle and JPX 825 pro at the bottom.

What a great two hours I had with the fitter - if you check in here thanks a million T.

JPX 825 are longer because they have stronger lofts (1* stronger than the Pros, 2* stronger than the H4). One thing to consider is the gaps between your PW and GW. After that, it's whichever you like best as far as feel/looks.

I have a 47* PW and a 52* GW which creates a huge gap of about 20 yards, in large part because the GW is designed to spin more than the PW. I'm probably going to bend my GW to 50* and SW to 55* to help close this. With a 45* PW I'd be forced to also bend the PW and probably the entire set.

Sounds like a fantastic experience Rev! Do pay attention to the lofts. With most sets it seems that the "players" clubs start the pitching wedge loft at 46* and the "GI" clubs start it at 45*. Not a huge issue but if you mix between the two, somewhere along the way you are going to have a 3* instead of a 4* gap. That might actually make sense as most of us start to reach a point of diminishing return in regards to distance in the longer irons. At whatever point that is for you is probably where you should transition. For me, it is between the 6 and the 5 iron. I hit my 6 a solid 175, but only get a reliable 180 out of my 5, and then 190 out of my 4, so getting a degree stronger in the 5 makes sense for me as it will actually maintain my distance gaps a little better.

How bout some pics?! We know you have a new putter you're hiding!

Nice!!! I'm hoping to get fit for both TMaG and Mizuno next weekend. The wife and I are going to Nashville anyway so it would work out great. I play the Titleist 735CM's right now. Have no idea what I'll end up with but looking forward to the experience! I have yet to get anything from the Christmas truck but hope to Monday. I wanna see the putter. Here is a simulation of what mine is gonna look like. It will have a Black Oxide finish, Black PVD shaft, Red Iomic grip and red/black/white paintfill. Going to Chicago in November to be cutom fit for the specs. Super excited about it!!!

BB8 Custom Ramsey 2.JPG

BB8 Custom Ramsey 1.JPG

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I put a pic on facebook - I'll get it on here in a bit -

All great suggestions -

@ WD I'm often tempted to bend clubs. :) Seriously I only have two irons in my current set that haven't been altered to even the yardage gaps out. The 9 and the 8 - There always seems to be a gap between the longest iron and shortest hybrid in my bag so I've gotten to strengthen that iron's loft and off with go with the residual down the bag.

@ Richard I loved every club that I hit - they look beautiful and feel better - I was shocked on the switch from graphite to steel but went in resolved to not be biased against anything that was suggested - I didn't look at the screen for results until we had completed a set of trials with a shaft/head combination - I think I've reached that stage where I need the higher launch of the 825's - that's fine - I have an ego like anyone else but mine is stoked by shooting the lowest possible score and not by hitting the shortest club or the longest drive - I have the most fun on the course when I have a number that starts with 6 in the total column. ;)

That putter looks awesome Matt! Alright let me go get the camera and see how I do with this.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

Glad to see you guys coming back and starting to show off your prizes. Matt's putter is going to be absolutely sick. The Bettinardi team is going all out for him. I'm actually a bit jealous. I don't think Matt's putter is far off from what I'd do myself.

Truthfully, a good number of the sponsors are going above and beyond what we could expect. As has been mentioned here, TaylorMade and Mizuno are both working on getting the guys custom fit. The guys at Custom Golf Bags Online have already sent the proofs for Matt's bag. TRUE linkswear, as you can see, got the shoes out the door ASAP, and Sub70 decided to kick in belts and hats for the guys.

As I said at the onset, the contest was many months in the making, and yes, I'm absolutely proud of the prize packages we were able to pull together, but make no mistake, this contest, and future contests are only possible because of you guys. Those of you who visit the site and forum daily, and even the occasional guys help drive the numbers to a place where companies, like the awesome group of sponsors we had for the Tour Staff Contest, want to work with us.

Our staff...we sent some emails, and made some phone calls, but you guys are the ones who made this all possible.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

You are too kind T - you guys have done tons of work, pulled strings and made this above and beyond anything anyone could ever imagine.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

You are too kind T - you guys have done tons of work, pulled strings and made this above and beyond anything anyone could ever imagine.

Very nice putter, pic didn't show up on my screen yesterday.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Got my shoes yesterday, went with the brown/mud in the stealth. They look great and TL undoubtedly makes the most comfortable shoe out there in my opinion.

kyshoes.jpg

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Beautiful - my shoes arrived yesterday as well - this is my first moment to breath so I'll try to get a pic of them up soon. They fit like a glove!

Did you go for your Mizuno fitting yet? I had Brittany Linsicome's fitter do mine. Just sent my order to T - created my own sort of hybrid set between the JPX's and JPX pros. Should be fun once they get here.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived