JPX 825 Pro's - Pics and long term testing thread

Super Tuna

Greetings,

Figured this would be a good spot for myself and any of the MGS Tour contest to stick pictures and thoughts on the new JPX 825 Pro's.

Mine is more of a long term testing. I liked all the numbers I saw while getting fitted but only long term time is going to show if they're better then my beloved Pro Combo's scoring wise.

Specs and pictures to kick things off:

JPX 825 Pro

5-PW

2.5 Flat

Standard Length

D3.5 Swing Weight

Matrix Program 130 Shaft, stiff

Shipped with Mizzie M31 grips but will be swapped to Iomic Sticky 1.8's as soon as they come in

20120926_080250.jpg

20120926_080316.jpg

20120926_080435.jpg

20120926_080446.jpg

20120926_080558.jpg

For the record, I also have 3 MP T4 wedges on the way to test with them. I'm told they'll be another 2 weeks or so due to the stamping.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

These look somewhat familiar! B)

Have you had them out for a test drive yet?

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

That is a beautiful set up!

I am strongly considering trying out graphite shafts in my irons also.

I currently play the mp-59's but loved the numbers on the LM for the JPX-825 PRO's.

I am looking forward to all the first-hand reviews and pictures on this thread. I'll probably do a comparison review here soon on the JPX-800 pros, JPX-825's and maybe a MP series irons from myself 9handicap and my co-worker Rob a 3 handicap.

-Ryan

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Well I played for the first time with my bastardized set of JPX 825's and JPX 825 Pros. For review I have a Fli Hi 4, 5-7 JPX 825's and 8-GW Pros - I'm switching from graphite back to steel and the longest iron in bag was a 6 so I have several adjustments to make.

The regular 825's are as advertised, hot, hot, hot. On the third hole I dropped a ball at 185 and hit my 5 iron pin high - that's ridiculous for me - It was down wind but still - the hole before I hit it a solid 170 into the wind - with no trouble flighting it down - On the 4th hole I hit 6 iron from 177 - hit two balls and was dead on pin high with both - I had a 40 footer and a 10 footer for birdie respectly with the two shots - the key was they both went exactly the same distance -

Not surprisingly the Pros have a little lower ball flight - they feel sweet. I do think I may have to have the lofts strengthened a bit because there appears to be a gap at the transition point - between the 8 and the 7 - other than that I hit everyone very straight, nice flight, tons of spin (for me), very consistent - I can't believe how consistent my distance was with all of my irons. The course was empty, I was hitting five, six, seven, approach shots on lots of holes (and fixing 10 to 12 ball marks - should have submitted a bill.)

These are beautiful clubs and certainly a great option for someone who wants to play a Mizuno but needs or prefers a little game improvement.

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Ryan: Looking forward to your thoughts. I'd be interested to hear what your customers tend to think of them as well.

Rev: Nice first round! Did you end up going with the PX graphite or the Programs?

I've got a lot of notes on my first round to stick up (fussing baby to go see to currently) but I forgot just how tip stiff the Programs are. Love the kick and the standard Matrix feeling but my that tip is wicked stiff/ Ended up with a whole bunch of pushes early in the round while my release was crap and then pretty much cut everything else once I warmed up. I keep telling people but I forgot myself, these things are burly. I might have to soft step them to really get comfortable, that or extend them. I equally forgot that Mizzie's standard length is shorter then Nike's and I found myself crouching more then I would like. Might just stick with it and adjust, might see if I can get them lengthend.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I got steel Super Tuna - It was a shock to me but my fitting results revealed that I was better with steel than any of the graphite offerings that we tried. So now I'm adjusting to new irons as well as the shift from graphite to steel. I have to say I went to the range on Thursday evening, played the aforementioned 9 yesterday and was back at the range early afternoon today. I'm pretty dog gone close to being locked in already which tells me that its the right fit. Wind on the range today was ideal - straight into my face 5 to 10 mph - you could really tell when the ball was well struck - just about every time even lots of well struck shots with the 5 iron.

My biggest issues now will be getting the distances right (I'm longer with the middle irons beyond a doubt) and deciding whether or not I need to strenthen the loft on the 8 and 9 iron - I have nice gaps between each one of the short irons from 60 all the way through 8 iron but there's a bigger gap between 8 and 7 than I'd like right now but I really need a couple of more rounds on the course to get a solid handle on that.

I love these irons - haven't had irons that feel like these in a long, long time.

Archived