Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

Mornin Gentlemen. Question: Getting up for my 3:30 bathroom run, I forgot that I fell asleep with my phone on my chest, so when I stood up, it goes face(screen) first onto floor & you can guess what the cracked screen looks like.

Can I get the screen repaired or am I screwed to either live with it or replace phone?

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Lemme guess iPhone 4? How old? Might just be quicker and cost almost as much to get a new one.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you both. I'll google it when I'm finished here. 2 1/2 years and it looked like the day that I walked outa the store with it. Now, oh Boy, is that spider pattern anoying. LOL

While we're at it, for the next phone you get, do not leave until you get an Otter Box for it.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Or buy a Nokia these things are tanks!

True. But since RP's an iPhone user, getting another one would be smart. He already knows the functions, etc and seems to get good life out of them. An Otter Box to protect it and viola.

True story: One of my tech's has one of those Nokia phones from the early 90's that everyone use to get as their entry model. The damn thing still work's like it's brand new and I've seen him run it over with his truck.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Another true story. Saw one of those HUGE F350's yesterday, the ones to haul heavy duty stuff that are bigger them most people's apartments. Owner obviously had an excellent sense of humour as they had a vanity plate with "4my Ego". Heh.

While we're at it, for the next phone you get, do not leave until you get an Otter Box for it.

I was about to tell him that when I saw your post. I have that Razr Maxx Android phone. I put it in an Otterbox right away. I can't tell you how many times it has saved it. Falling, even stepped on with my heavy boots in the dirt and rocks and it is like brand new when I take it out of the case. It makes it a bit bigger in your hand, but the silicone wrap makes it much easier to hold on to, not so slippery.

• SPY VIP

He'll no Dude, the 3GS. Probably 2 years old, whenever they came out. My Apple bud says that a 4, 4S or 5 in my hands would be a waste of a good phone, just like he said my owning the XPS is "a waste of a good machine."

He's sorta a prick! ;-)

Anyway, I googled then called this phone repair shop right down the street from my office in Pgh & it's 49.50 & it takes about 25-30 minutes. That seems reasonable, don't ya think?

I mean, other than that, the phone looks like new.

Anyway, Thanx for responding & have a fun day!

Stay safe

Fairways & Greens 4ever

You broke a 3GS?!?!?! Nidine calls impossible! She's had her 3G 4 years and dropped it, no joke, 1500+ times and not a scratch :P

It's our running joke how she doesn't look after it yet its been an absolute tank. She just got a 4 and I'm scared to death it won't last a week. She'll have it dangling outta goody pockets in no time I'm sure. :)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

You broke a 3GS?!?!?! Nidine calls impossible! She's had her 3G 4 years and dropped it, no joke, 1500+ times and not a scratch :P

It's our running joke how she doesn't look after it yet its been an absolute tank. She just got a 4 and I'm scared to death it won't last a week. She'll have it dangling outta goody pockets in no time I'm sure. :)

Woah! I thought I was the only one still rockin' a 3GS.... No hardcase for me, I do have a brown NZ leather 'slip' that I put on it - dresses it up nicely. They're actually really awesome - free international shipping as well, link here if you're interested My link

Glad you're getting out Richard. Have a safe trip back to the burgh'

Richard is on his way home from the Hospital. Hip, hip, horay!!!!

He sent me an email. So I know they finally let him out of the looney bin.:lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

So uh.. I ran into a good friend of mine @ Saks tonight. Didn't know he was gonna be in town.

temporary-99.jpg

Now that would make a great head cover.:lol:

Good to hear you are home Richard!!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Dude, you are now my number one Hero!! No sh*t! Great pic! This disproves my assistant! I can't wait ta show her that indeed, the Yeti lives(or at least he did till he was stuffed).

Have ya hit the steakhouse yet?

When are ya headin home?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Never got to a steak house. Kinda burned ourselves out with the go, go, go and eating on the run. I think we both have colds, well Nidine for sure. Man I thought this was supposed to be a vacation. :P Fly out @ 9am

Us aside it's great to hear you're home. Hopefully life can get a little more back to normal and you can enjoy the holidays with good friends and family. We're praying for ya in Vancouver young man.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Never got to a steak house. Kinda burned ourselves out with the go, go, go and eating on the run. I think we both have colds, well Nidine for sure. Man I thought this was supposed to be a vacation. :P Fly out @ 9am

Us aside it's great to hear you're home. Hopefully life can get a little more back to normal and you can enjoy the holidays with good friends and family. We're praying for ya in Vancouver young man.

We were in Florida last month, and it was go, go, go. We had one day left and were debating on what to do, some how the subject of being home came up and we checked into it and cheapest thing we could do was fly home a day early and it was what we wanted to do.

Of course, the dogs were happy to see us. When you get home Manbearpig Cat will act like he did not notice you were gone.-_-

Have a safe trip.

HaHa. Yep, It's GREAT to be home!! We stopped by my parents' house to pick up my rotty(Brandy), and guess who was there to take me from their house to mine?

Yep,it sure is great to be home!!

Well, I posted a few & then we fell asleep & I just woke up.

Goin back to bed, however I just wanted to say thank you again to all of you for the wishes, thoughts & posts over the past two weeks. I can't begin to tell you how much it meant to me and even more, how much it helped.

Though it really doesn't seem adequate, I want to say that you guys & Nidine, were by far my most effective medication.

Thank You

Night

God Bless

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Glad you're home, bro. Laughter really is the best medicine!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Darned the luck. Richard, you were typing this while I was creating a separate thread to put this in. :lol:

Yeah, you can step outside to get the paper and a dog will welcome you like you have been gone for a week. You can be gone for a week and the cat will open an eye when you come in and give you a look that says, in a New York accent, "I'm effin sleepin' here."

• SPY VIP

We were in Florida last month, and it was go, go, go. We had one day left and were debating on what to do, some how the subject of being home came up and we checked into it and cheapest thing we could do was fly home a day early and it was what we wanted to do.

Of course, the dogs were happy to see us. When you get home Manbearpig Cat will act like he did not notice you were gone.-_-

Have a safe trip.

In Toronto. Fly out @ 2

Oh you don't know our cat! He'll be meow'in when we step off the elavator and glued to whoever's shoulder he can get on first.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Conn. elementary school. 18 kids and 8 adults reported killed so far. 20 yr old guy w two 9mm hand guns! sickening.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/connecticut-school-shooting.html

Yes, it's a Canadian site.

Account now has it listed as 18 kids of a total count of 27. All the kids are between kindergarden and grade 4 in age

Archived